Blackfoot Forest what happens when the sun fades away and the earth is engulfed in darkness
years of love have been forgotten; in the hatred of a minute.
110 Posts
Ooc — Allie
All Welcome 
there was changes in her body; apparent in her walk. yet, she could not bring herself to admit her condition, nor that it was that very condition's origin that caused the departure of aaron. the thought of monstrous beings inside of her, caused by the lapse in judgement and the vile temptation of lust. for the first time in her existence, she found hate within her heart. hate for everyone, kierkegaard, aaron and even the unborn children within her womb. it was horrible, but she could not help it, she would birth the next generation of rosings, bastard children born from a monster and a failure. she hated them with everything she had. 

"you did this .. it's your fault," from within the darkest corners of an old fox den, she seethed to her stomach, cursing the gremlins that incubated within her. had the pregnancy not been found, aaron would not have left, she was sure. yet, there was but one solution. 

bastard children born from hate could not live, she told herself. 

it would be permanent, and she would have to live with her choice. it was for the best. staggering into the blinding light, she swayed, the exhaustion of heartbreak settled into her bones she could not steady herself. when she came to, her thoughts did not waver, her eyes jumping from one object to the next. her feet moved forward, her judgement left in the darkness of an empty den. yet, the world seemed to stop as her eyes were met with the sight of a particular point, jagged rock. the vision around her central focus blurred, hearing her heart beat in her ears; louder and louder. it was as if the chant of an ancient song had awoken a terrible beast within her, yet she did not refuse the call, she welcomed it. she trembled, walking to the rock as if it spoke to her, drawing her closer and closer until she stood above it's pointed edge. 

one drop and it would be done, ending the mistake she had created before it had a chance to haunt her life to the brink.

thunderous chants urged her to do it, fall upon the rock with a murderous grace, yet as she stood trembling above the jagged point, tears dropping to the ground countlessly; she could not. coward, it screamed to her, and she felt the darkness enclose around her heart, ebbing away at all she had held close just by the mere thought of taking away life where she had no right to take. how dare she. she flung herself away from the rock, no pain as her body hit the ground and her head collided to the cold, and she was unmoving once again. only the faint movement of her abdomen signaled she was still breathing.
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
If it had seemed rare for her to slack from the pack work, it was even more so than before. She had thrown herself into responsibilities, patrolling and hunting and the like. It was the only way to numb the pain of his leaving, her beloved whom she had foolishly believed would always be there. Samuel should be leading beside her, he should have been there to be promoted to Beta. 

Where have you gone? 

"Where have you gone?" The words tumbled past her lips almost unbidden, watery brown eyes scanning the foliage for sight of his great grey mass as if Liri could congure Sam from the very trees. 

Instead a small brown figure flitted into her line of sight. Amara, Liri registered dully, blinking heavily to rid herself of the tears as she moved forward. Her lips parted, as if to call out in greeting but froze in confusion as Amara mounted the rock. Her brows drew in, wondering what the Alpha was doing. Suddenly, with horrified realization Liri started to surge forward but alas, she could not reach Amara in time. 

The brown woman fell with a soft thud, her eyes shutting as the arctic woman rushed to her side. Prodding Amara with her muzzle frantically, Liri tried to wake her. "Amara, Amara can you hear me?" 

Even in such a state after Aaron's departure, Liri would have never thought that Amara would come to this. Searching around frantically as if a remedy to this mess would spring up, Liri nudged the unconcious wolf in desperation.

not sure if this counts as pp but I can edit if you want me to
"i'll keep you here when I lose my mind."

Empress of Manipulation
348 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
For as often as she could each day, Sen's time was spent lingering near the pregnant female. She'd watch from afar, never to approach, but always was she alert. There came times in which she'd lose the other woman, though, or times in which she'd simply wander off to tend to some business of her own. Zephyr had yet to return with her daughter, which wasn't at all surprising, but that lack of shock didn't do anything to lessen her anger. All it did was, perhaps, increase it, making her hatred of the man grow stronger and stronger with each second that ticked by. He had stolen something of hers, and so she would eventually steal from him his life so that order might be restored. For the time being, however, she could not remove her focus from the unborn in order to place it upon a traitor. Sen needed to be there so that she might secure for herself a new generation of Gorgons, for her own litter had since been labeled a failure.

Away from the other she had found herself going earlier in the day, Amara's retirement to a den having offered the serpentine wolf a moment or so to herself. When she'd returned, however, she'd been met with the sight of another hovering near to an unconscious body. Choosing to act first rather than ask questions, she'd eliminated all distance between herself and them, lips pulling back as she'd looked towards Liri; a challenge was not issued, but a warning instead, just the same as a male might have done for his mate. While the Gorgon shared no ties to the motionless heap, she had something that she wanted, and so it was within her best interest to keep the timid woman safe. "What happened here?" was her eventual question, shooting a glance towards the paler lupine before giving her attention back to the other. "Amara, get up." She'd never been taught to be kind, and such was a piece of her personality that had never been meant to develop on its own. Thus, her tone was rough, as was her nudging once she'd started to attempt waking the alpha.
Notice: Sen's actions and words do not, in any way, reflect my OOC opinion.
ʜᴇʟʟғɪʀᴇ
245 Posts
Ooc —
She stood over the rock, and Minna stopped. In her mouth she held a hare, on her way to give it to the woman, talk, if she wanted. But now she stood over the jagged point, and Minna was shocked at the true amount of emotion that came from the woman. Trembling, crying, she seemed what Minna had guessed at the meeting, and more; broken. 

Her skin crawled as if hundreds of locusts crawled over it, she did not want to startle the woman into committing an act that would mark her forever, nor did she want the woman to commit the act on her watch. But the question was unanswered on how she should act, Amara saw to that with a leap. Really, more of a throwing herself on the ground. She rushed forward, Liri and the other reaching her first as she lay. Ignoring the other two for a moment, she nosed over the other quickly, noting the rise and fall that were breaths, that was life.

The other two fussed over Amara, Liri kindly, perhaps nervously, Sen on the other hand-
Her misgivings about letting another into the pack as beta immediately surged, and she did something she would never have done to a beta, or an alpha. She fixed her gaze on the other and growled, a low, menacing challenge. She stood on the opposite side of Amara protectively, trying to keep calm and not dissolve as she had when Leto had fallen ill. It worked...fairly well. "Back off. Liri is a healer, you're not. We have been here for weeks, months. You haven't" She felt like the Beta had no authority viewing the alpha like this, not when she had spent but a week or two here. 

She scored over Amara again, seeking out injuries she may have missed, gently, carefully nosing her fur and making sure that she was alright. Though she presented an indifferent front to Sen, she seethed below her pelt, and her stance, unknowingly, was tensed.
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
Liri hadn't noticed Minna nearby nor did she presently, her attention on Sen as she approached. The warning and the roughness in the Beta's movements brought forth a surge of anger. 

"You would do well to remember you are only Beta because I have great respect for Aaron, he wanted you there. You will not remain there long if you act in such a manner," the words were a quiet type of anger, a warning issued that was not to be disobeyed as she stepped over Amara protectively. The movement would push Sen back lest she wish to be crowded by the none to happy Alpha.

"Go," Liri ordered, tail swishing as she watched the dark woman. Once gone, she turned to Minna and gave her a nod of gratitude, glad to see she had some loyal supporters on her side.

"I believe that she is only unconscious. She will wake soon, I will keep an eye on her. You may stay as well if you wish," Liri settled down by her mentor's side, awaiting for her to awaken so that she could get some answers.

years of love have been forgotten; in the hatred of a minute.
110 Posts
Ooc — Allie
consiousness returned to sharp tones; the sound of a misplaced authority and a protective snap had broken the silence she had been in, while floating around in the darkness of unconsciousness. there had been no pain while she rested, the first time in what seemed so long. she surfaced to the light of the darkness she lived in. yet, as she listened to them growl and snap, a pounding pain rushed to her head in a frustration she could not contain. what did they know of her, her pain? who had given them the right to advocate for her. her voice wold not be stolen by another again ... man, or woman so she vowed. who did they think they were? it angered her beyond compare, for none of them combined knew a single thing about her yet they thought it acceptable to fight over her unconscious body. 

"be quiet," her voice held no compassion as it snarled to the trio. "just.. shut up" never had she spoken on such a way before. her character had become of the things she hated, though she could not bring herself to care. why should she? their opinions of an abandoned girl were the samead an other, pity."i am so tired, so tired and yet you bicker, over what? aaron is gone,"

"he will not come back, he left us," her voice broke momentarily, the sudden realisation struck her once more, for a second she had forgotten his betrayal. it lasted hardly long, interrupted by their harsh words and disgusting attitude. "we are no family ... and you will never be my friends,"

she had been such fool, naive. she had convinced herself that these strangers cared for her, yet their words only showed they used her only to prove superiority to the other. amara was not a game, not a prize and they could fight over and win. she felt nothing for them, liars. they look our for themselves, as wolves did. as aaron did. she had been a child to think that the wolves of Rosings would be any different. there were none left, anyways. 

she moved to pick herself up, but the pain in her head tugged harder and she winced, laying back down to relived the stress from her head. as soon as she was able, she would leave. for now she lay.

"leave me to rest while you fight over the remains of my pack, i do not need to be reminded to my failures while you all search for a power abandoned by a liar," 

she closed her eyes.

she could not stay. perhaps she would find that man, the one she had met just a day before and seek refuge among his home. it did not matter who she left behind, though perhaps it was only sen she would come to thank in later days. as long as she never had to step foot in blackfoot forest again, she would find herself at peace. she would leave at the next daybreak. 

@Liri & @Sen plz?
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
assumed that Sen left?

Liri drew back, startled at the out burst. Surely this was still the mentor she had idolized, the courageous woman Liri had asipred to be like when meeting her? 

"I thought you family once, or friend. Perhaps both. I see now I was naive to think such notions. You see none but yourself," Liri told her sadly, turning her back on the last of the pack she had left. 

"You are not the only one who has been left Amara. But you obviously would rather wallow in a poorly veiled pity party," the last words were spat viciously, Liri striding away from what used to be her Alpha without bothering to see if Minna would stick around.