Silvertip Mountain What if you're making me all that I was meant to be?
The only rock I know that stays steady, the only institution I know that works, is the family.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
At Niita's suggestion, Steady's gaze turned towards his and Adeline's current den. He shook his head side to side when she questioned whether or not they would all fit in there. No, I don't think so. It's already cramped with Adeline's growth, he admitted. But, his thoughtful expression remained on the den. If Niita thought it was a good idea to stay here, then he would make it happen.

But, I could dig it out some more, make it bigger, he suggested, turning to Niita. It would take some work, but Steady didn't mind doing it, especially if it would make his mate happy. 
~I am a wolf. It's my nature to be kind, gentle and loving. But know this: When it comes to matter of protecting my friends, family, and heart—don't trifle with me, for I am also the most powerful and relentless creature you will ever know.~
Feel free to tag Steady if needed. Unless otherwise asked, all threads are AW.

272 Posts
Ooc — Kadence
"Darn," she replied as it would have made things a lot easier to just move in with Steady and Adeline. Niita was ready to move along to find a different spot, halting as Steady spoke up. She nodded, thinking about it, and decided that it shouldn't be too hard.

"I'll help you then," she smiled up at him, she would be darned if she sat back and let Steady do the work. Nipping his neck joyfully, for she was in high spirits and ready to dig, Niita moved past him to survey the den.

"So where should we dig at?"
Her heart was a secret garden and the walls were very high -- except for the one who held the keys to the gate. 
The only rock I know that stays steady, the only institution I know that works, is the family.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
Niita seemed disappointed that they couldn't simply stay here, and Steady would have none of that. If this was where Niita wanted the den to be, and Adeline didn't seem to care one way or another, Steady would make it happen. His own smile graced his features as she like his idea of expanding the current den. Digging a little out would be a lot easier than starting a whole new one. His tail wagged when she offered to help. Great, he replied. Nothing would make him happier than getting dirty with her while working on their new, but current, home.

Maybe you start on one side, I'll start on the other, and then round out to the back? he suggested. That way, the entire sleeping quarters would get bigger, and not just one side. Crawling in, Steady went to the wall to the right, and began to dig, his claws scraping through the dirt and small roots. When too much had accumulated, he began shifting the dirt to outside the den. 

It would probably take them some time, but when they were finished, Steady plopped down on his side inside the den. He was covered in dirt, though it would be hard to tell since he had such a dark pelt. His gaze turned to Niita, wondering how she fared. We do good work together, he complimented.
~I am a wolf. It's my nature to be kind, gentle and loving. But know this: When it comes to matter of protecting my friends, family, and heart—don't trifle with me, for I am also the most powerful and relentless creature you will ever know.~

272 Posts
Ooc — Kadence
Niita nodded, focused on the task at hand. Without word, she moved to her side of the den and began to dig. It was rythmic work. Dig, move the pile outside when it was too cumbersome, keep digging.

By the time they finished, Niita was no longer white pelted but had taken on the color of the den's dirt walls. Steady seemed to have fared better but perhaps it was only his darker hue.

The white femme lay stretched out beside her husband, reaching out to lick some of the dirt from his coat. "We do," she agreed, "I think that this was worth it." What could be sleeping beside him at night? Adeline too, whom she cared for immensely.
Her heart was a secret garden and the walls were very high -- except for the one who held the keys to the gate. 
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
His tail thumped the ground as she reached over and began to groom him a bit. I think so, too, he replied. Adeline sure didn't seem to have a problem with it, he added. He wondered if she had maybe seen it coming. He had never hid his relationship with Niita, but they weren't exactly super lovey in front of Adeline, either. But, she was a smart young wolf, and maybe had figured it out for herself. 

Steady returned her grooming, trying to get her coat back its original white. You look kinda cute all dirtied up, he said with a grin. He nudged her neck affectionately, breathing in her scent coupled with the earth. He laid his head down, possibly on Niita's front legs, depending on there they were. He was tired from all the digging, and was ready for a nap.

272 Posts
Ooc — Kadence
Niita stuck her tongue out at him, deciding she would take a dip in the stream later to wash her coat back to normal. It could wait for now, she didn't mind being dirty.

Steady lay against the top of her legs, prompting Niita to rest her head atop his tiredly. With his warmth along side her and the work they had done on the den, she soon fell asleep.

last from me :)