Firestone Hot Springs Everybody Hurts
3 Posts
Ooc — Korie
All Welcome 
How long had it been since she had gotten decent sleep? It was all catching up with her now. Every step she took was an effort. Her eyes felt so heavy that she could only muster up the strength to keep them half opened. If it wasn't for the strong smell that harshly invaded her nostrils she would have passed out somewhere by now—that would be a blessing at this point. She would do anything for a good rest. Anything. Her own mind was her worst enemy. It was stuck in the past forcing her to live in her memories that seemed to forever haunt her.

Silver paws found themselves inches away from the heated water that seemed to be calling her name but she hesitated at first. The she-wolf wasn't completely sure it was a good idea to enter being as exhausted as she was but perhaps it would be good on her muscles which had been aching for days now. Rhea couldn't even remember the last time she let her body rest from her travels. When she wasn't sleeping she was walking...and alone. After what felt like an eternity she moved again, allowing the water to soak through her fur and welcoming the warmth that immediately followed.
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
I'm going to make this on his way back from BAF
It'd been a nice trip; the full and eventful kind. Whether or not he had kids on the way, Grayday was certain he would never forget Amber or those baby blues of hers. Already, he was making plans to see her again, wondering how Steady might take the news. Maybe badly, if he was being honest with himself, but it wasn't as though he were truly thinking of leaving Silvertip, was it?

Dwelling on it was stupid, either way. He'd tell Steady the truth, and worrying about it now wouldn't change the outcome. Day would take whatever came and go from there. For now, he just had to focus on getting home. Silvertip was already within sight, but his limbs were tired and sore from several days of travel. He'd thought to cut through the hotsprings for s quick soak before undertaking the final stretch of his journey.

It looked like someone had beaten him to it.

"Hi there," he said warmly, feeling much more sociable than he had been in the past few months. His dull eyes traced quickly over the woman's form, noting her weariness and wondering if there was anything he could do to help. "Are you alright?" he asked, taking a few steps nearer until he stood just a few yards from her pool.
[Image: CYEyvJP.png?4]
What's Mine is Ours
i'll persuade you
7 Posts
Ooc —
she did not know where she was; she did not know what her purpose here was, and to be perfectly honest, she didn't even know why she was in this strange and foreign land in first place. oh, yeah, because of her darling little brother...but how did she find him in first place? she frowned, and after a moment of careful contemplation, pushed the thought out of her mind, deciding it was too mundane and menial to dwell on. as long as jojo'd found him, nothing really mattered, not anymore.

johan's wanderings had led her to a strange new place, and she found, as she lingered by the sidelines, hiding expertly downwind and in the shadows so she could not be detected by either parties, that two wolves had beaten her to it. deciding that it would be fun to observe the two, rather than engage, she paused and stilled, ears cupped forward, eyes narrowed, countenance impassive. and so, she looked on.
3 Posts
Ooc — Korie
Thank you both for joining me and sorry for the delay! It has been a couple of  busy weeks!

Rhea could already feel the hot water doing wonders to her achy tired muscles. If only it could fix her sleeping issue. It would be even better if it could fix her broken heart but for now, she will accept the physical healing. She didn't want to move. She could stay right where she was for hours though that probably wouldn't be a wise choice. The lone wolf closed her eyes for a moment as if she were focusing on something. She was really trying not to think of anything. A frustrated sigh passed through her dark lips as she opened her eyes again. Looking down she could see some of her reflection and she didn't recognize herself at all.

The voice seemed to come out of nowhere. Rhea had no idea that company was coming her way and her eyes widened at the stranger for only a second before falling back to their lifeless state. She was looking back down at the water again taking a few seconds to decide how she would respond. What she alright? Not really. Would she tell this wolf that? Probably not. "Mm," she started to respond. "I'm....tired." Though that was the truth it just the tip of the iceberg.
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
Being tired wasn't too bad of a situation. Maybe it was best for her to be tired out of the water, but Day wasn't going to tell her how to live her life. He was sure she would get up and find somewhere less... drown-y to sleep if she needed to.

"Alright," he said with an agreeable bob of his head, about to continue on his way. His eyes, though, stayed glued to the woman. Somehow, tired didn't seem to cover it. "I - is there anything I can do for you?" he wondered, uncertain. He didn't want to imply that she needed his help or anything, but - well, it seemed like she needed someone's help.

Maybe he was reading too much into this. If she didn't need anything, he'd leave her to her bath. He would.
What's Mine is Ours
3 Posts
Ooc — Korie
Since Johan is inactive I figured we can just continue and pretend she was never noticed and just moved on or whatever?

Who was she kidding? She wasn't fooling anyone with her lies. The male wolf before her probably saw through her response. She couldn't look back up at him. Rhea feared if she locked eyes with the stranger she wouldn't be able to continue to hold her composure she was trying so desperately to keep from falling apart. An ear twitched at his question and she felt that if she kept on being the way she was he would end up leaving. Wouldn't that be the best thing? Yes and no. She wanted to be alone but she was also tired of being alone. The thought of ending the lone wolf life had occupied her thoughts many a time. 

"I...." There was a brief time of silence before she responded. She honestly wanted to answer but she couldn't find the words. "Yes...?" Rhea definitely needed help, there was no doubt about that. She needed someone, anyone, to bring her back to life. A friend. A lover—if that were even possible. A stranger would even do. But where would she even start? She shifted her weight as she pondered about removing herself from the warm water for a bit and it wasn't long till she did just that. She faced him and sat down, already missing the warmth that soothed her aching muscles. This allowed her to come up with something she truly needed. "Would you happen to know a good location where I could rest for the night? Anything will do." Blue eyes glanced back up at him again. Already she was regretting even asking him this. She was probably troubling him.
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
Yes, he wanted to say, my pack is right over here. If you are a good wolf, if you work hard, we will take you in.

But he had done enough this trip, and wondered whether there would even be a spot for him when he got back. It wouldn't be right to bring the woman into it - for her or for them - so Day decided to drop that idea.

"I don't have anywhere for you to stay," he admitted, "but I don't have anywhere to be, either. If you need to rest, we can find a warm place, and I can keep watch for the night. It'll be no trouble."

What was one more night away from home? He wasn't too hungry, and although he was pretty tired himself, home was just a trot away. He could watch for the woman tonight, and be home again in the morning.
What's Mine is Ours