Ankyra Sound Call me home but don't let me in
i don't need saving
98 Posts
Ooc — Allie
The boy stared blankly as the formerly intimidating man laughed at his own joke. And almost instantly, the boy himself abandoned any worries of the much larger man spontaneously ripping him to pieces, seeing as the Alpha male didn't really seem all that scary at heart. "Oh," The boy simply spoke, unsure if he was expected to laugh even after the joke had shriveled out of relevance, or if he should say it was funny to be nice, even if it really was just a really, really, bad joke. After all the time he had spent with Peregrine, the boy had ought to know by then. Or maybe, his silence would be translated as a dire wish for the other man to never, ever utter another joke again for the sake of sanity of everyone involved. Jackrabbit certainly hoped so.

"Jackrabbit Redhawk," The youthling replied, choosing to stick with his second given name rather than playing the 'A Boy Has No Name,' game (again). "Jack — whichever works," The boy shrugged once more, yet almost instantly regretted speaking the Caldera name, for really, he wasn't exactly one of them anymore. The last thing he wanted was the other to come up with any connections or assume things that Jackrabbit best believed to leave in the past. Unknowingly, almost everybody knew a Redhawk, regardless of where he was. Yet, the Redhawk name would soon be forgotten, the longer the stayed away, he was sure. He would always love them, sure, but the death of Peregrine was something he did not want to hold on to. Something that he couldn't have holding on to him. 

Yet, the topic was no sooner switched over and the boy readily nodded. True, he could not exactly fight off trespassers or take down deer, but he could at least do something productive, he figured. "I can do that, I guess," He looked down at his willowy legs and internally rolled his eyes. If being the trespasser counted, he had all the credibility for that. However, he was sure he would grow out of his lean form one of these days, and if squatting on the border was what it took to become a Saltwinter man, he would do it. Jackrabbit was not a freeloader, he had never been a waste-away — not even as Stoic Silvertip. Despite having dropped the idea that he was destined for some kind of "greatness", the boy had ambition and would not see himself fail, even though he had started over countless times before.
chaos isn't a pit, chaos is a ladder
Messages In This Thread
Call me home but don't let me in - by Jackrabbit - September 21, 2016, 05:33 PM
RE: Call me home but don't let me in - by Kjalarr - September 22, 2016, 04:35 AM
RE: Call me home but don't let me in - by Jackrabbit - September 22, 2016, 11:12 AM
RE: Call me home but don't let me in - by Kjalarr - September 23, 2016, 06:32 AM
RE: Call me home but don't let me in - by Jackrabbit - September 24, 2016, 02:36 PM
RE: Call me home but don't let me in - by Kjalarr - September 29, 2016, 12:39 PM
RE: Call me home but don't let me in - by Jackrabbit - October 01, 2016, 03:00 PM