Cedar Sweep A place to call home
54 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Hoping to meet someone from the Royal Fire Court. Trying to see if she would join the pack.

She had been traveling for many days across most of the teekon wilds before ending up in the tuktu hinterlands. In that time she had meet few wolves, and hadn't gotten very far with them as far as conversation. Back then she didn't know what she was looking for, but she knew that she woulnd't find it within or through them. But during her travels she had decided to search for a pack. A place that at the very least would provide her with distraction to help extinguish her feelings of loss. 

She had wondered into a thick forest filled with large cedar trees. She weaved around them getting deeper and deeper into the thicket. She hoped that she might meet a wolf here that could lead her to a pack she might join. Trotting her way through looking for another to come by.
King
"Bad boys aint no good, but good boys aint no fun."
372 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
Alder found himself bored most days while he waited for his children. Truth be told, he'd been doing mostly eating and sleeping of late. Halfway recovering from his sickness, and at the same time stocking up for when his children came into the world. 

Today found the rugged man in the Cedars between his own home and The Malkaria- lounging on his side and gnawing on the skull of a rabbit. Half of it was gone already, but when another wolfs scent came to him, Alder's ears perked up. A loner? It didn't smell like their neighbors, and the Pryor chuffed a warning greeting to whoever came close - his one good, open, blue eye was already strained in the direction she would come- but his posture was not overly dominant or aggressive. Tail high, sure, but when had he been anything but dominant and proud?
54 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Freya hear the growl of a near by wolf and slowed her trot to a walk. Soon a the wolf she had hear came into view. He looked rather damaged, with his part of his ear gone, and alttle further down his eye aswell. He stood strong and a bit dominant, but not enough to out right say I'm the boss as they were on neutral ground. 

Freya was still rather emotionless, but now she had become blunt. Something she had learned was the only way to get through to the past wolves she had meet. She came up to him, not too close but close enough that they both could see eachother well. Her stance was ... vague. Her tail hung showing neither dominance nor submission.

She looked down to see the remains of a rabbit which she assumed to be the reason her growled. "I do not mean to steal your meal." and getting strait to the point she continued. "If you're willing I'd like to ask you about the packs that reside in this area." though she was blunt her tone wasn't rude rather neutral.
King
372 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
The woman wisely slowed and came into view - he could feel her paw steps on the earth now - and Alder's position changed none. He waited, watched, and eventually she came to him. Her first words were about his meal, the lack of wanting it - Alder believed her. When the white woman asked for information on the packs, though, a smile took root on his face. 

"Well, you're in the only neutral ground between Royal Fire Court and The Malkaria. I know little of them, but my mate and I lead the Court together. Why?" 

He would give her very, very little more information without good reason to believe she would join - while the Court was not secretive, there was no point in giving away information that wasn't to be used. Who knows who would want it!
54 Posts
Ooc — Raven
She was on neutral ground between two packs. One he should like to join but which one should she choose. Any pack would do she thought to herself and seeing as how this wolf was one of the leaders this was her chance to see if she could join his. She nodded her head a bit before speaking ackowledging his rank slightly even though they were on neutral ground. 

"I wish to join a pack and seeing as how you are here before me, I'd like to ask if you are accepting new members at this time." her head bowed as she spoke and rose when she finished. She knew it was sudden to ask seeing as how she had just meet him but she had one goal at the moment.
King
372 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
The white woman seemed thoughtful, and in the lapse of silence Alder ripped another fresh chunk of rabbit from the corpse. He was chewing as she spoke, but he couldn't help the grin that spread across his buldging maw nor the wag of his tail. Nodding, he pushed the other half of the rabbit towards her, standing and stretching out fully before answering.

"The Court is always accepting members who are loyal and ambitious, looking for a family among royalty. We don't give out information to those who don't want to join, and we don't bother those who don't bother us. There are many different ranks in my home, ones that require you to work hard to earn. "

Pausing, Alder waited for her to answer - but before he'd really stayed quiet long, he realized he should probably introduce himself. He left out his own technical rank name - for he didn't truly have one, at this time - but he'd already told her he and his wife led together: she could assume what would be true in a few more weeks, that he was the King. 

"I'm Alder, by the way. The Queen is my wife, Aspen."
54 Posts
Ooc — Raven
As he pushed the rabbit forward she came up to snag a bite off it. As she chewed he spoke about how their court was indeed accepting new members. When he said looking for a family among royals she swollowed. She had lived he whole life by her sisters side who had been the queen of her pack. Being able to connect with the leaders would be natural to her. Though the idea of her last pack brought about other memories she wasn't willing to face right now.

"I have grown up around and as royalty my whole life. Always second to my queen. I understand that I will begin as lower in rank, but I would enjoy serving and gaining trust and respect from you and your wife.... That is if you will have me."

He also introduced himself and shortly after he did Freya did the same. "And I am Freya."
King
372 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
The ivory woman took his offer, and the king stepped away from it - giving it to her - as she ate. She seemed interested enough, and Alder was beginning to really think she would join. Her words were a surprise - she was one of the lucky few who already knew what royalty lived like - but welcomed with a hum in his chest. 

"Good - You will adapt to the Royal Fire Court well. What are your skills. Freya?"

He didn't yet pass or deny her officially into the ranks, but had already decided that as soon as she was done eating, he would show her the borders. They could talk over a patrol, perhaps - but her future seemed like it would be in the Court, in his family.
54 Posts
Ooc — Raven
As he asked her of her skills she thought again about how she had been right hand to her sisters. One of the royal councel, which made her think she would make a good councelor and possible advisor later on in the pack. She also throught of her recent pregnancy and how she knew what it was like to go through such an experience. Though with that job she may experience a struggle seeing as how it could bring about bad memories. But she had to think of reasons why she should be allowed into the pack and relaying all her skills to him would be her best bet.

"As I said before I've been second to my queen a long time, giving me experience as a councelor. I also know quite a bit about pregnancy if there came a time where your wife was expecting, I would gladly like to give her aid." though as she said it she hoped a bit that wasn't the case.
King
372 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
The woman was a Councelor like himself - and like Heartha, she knew about pregnancy. While he skills were not unique to the Court, they were welcomed. Maybe she knew something one of them didn't, only time would tell. Nodding along with her and smiling the entire time, Alder accepted her into their ranks with open arms. 

"You aren't the only one - I'm a Councelor myself, and we have a denmother - but there are two pregnant females with me. The queen and Heartha, the den mother. She knows a lot about pups and a little about healing - but your skills are welcomed. You'll find a place to grow with us."

Turning, Alder waved his tail for her to follow - if she wasn't done eating, she could finish later. Now, he would show her to the borders. 

"If the Court has your loyalty, you have a home, Freya."
54 Posts
Ooc — Raven
He explained that both of the of the ranks within their pack for her skills had been fill. Not so say they couldn't have more then one but she wouldn't be the only one with those tasks. He also spoke of how two females in the pack were pregnant which made the hair on her back stand up. Two littlers were on the way within this pack... two littlers of pups... pups. The thought almost frightened her, though she didn't let it show. She was surpressing those feelings for the time being. She wanted to start fresh, though maybe not in the best way. 

She thought of maybe taking up an entirely new set of skills. A skill set that no one in the pack would possess so she could become more of an essential member or the pack. He waved her over with his tail and said if she was willing she could be one of the pack. She nodded and began to walk up to him and followed him leaving the rabbit behind. "It would be an honor to plead my loyalty to the court. Lead on."
King
372 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
Welcome to the Court! :D I've had Aspen rank you up and such - feel free to post after me here, just archive it, or keep on going, but you can start threads in the Glade now!

Alder didn't miss the rising of her spinal fur, but passed it off as nervousness or excitement. As he did all the new members, she would be watched as time went on. Freya didn't seem the type to cause trouble, but one could never be sure - these thoughts brought him to the Circles and explaining them to her as they walked. 

"There are two tiers for members to be in other than the kids and the leaders - they're called the Inner and Outer Circles. Both groups work the same, get treated the same - the only real difference is that Inner Circle members sleep within the tunnels of our home. Gentry wolves, the Outer Circle members, they find temporary dens in the Glade while they advance and settle in. Earn a trade, or prove your loyalty in a way Aspen and I see worthy, and you are given a rank in the Inner Circle."

Glancing over to make sure she was listening and understanding, the patched man smiled warmly. They came into view of the golden-lined leaves of the Glade, and though he swerved to follow them, he made sure they were on the inside of the border. This was their home - she'd given her loyalty to it, and he intended to show her just what they claimed as royalty. Momentarily, he stopped to look at her - if she didn't want to patrol, that was okay too. Giving her a questioning glace asking for her to not worry, Alder came close - close enough to rub his shoulder and side against her own, to cover her in his scent and ensure her safety within the borders. 

"This is your home, now - I'm gonna patrol the border, but you're free to either listen to more about the pack or go exploring on your own."
54 Posts
Ooc — Raven
As she walked by his side she listened to further information about the pack and their rankings. She nodded along with what he said to convey she was listening and understanding what he had said. Even though she was a new wolf into the pack she immediatly seeks to become part of the inner circle. Not for any sinister reason, just because she seeked leadership. Not neccesarily being the one to lead but being as close to athority as she could be. It seemed that finding and perfecting a new trade along with gaining loyalty from the king and queen seemed to be the simplest way. Which is why when Alder glaced at her and asked if she wanted to continue patroling with him she nodded and said "I'd like to know more about the pack aswell become more aquainted with the border. I could do it on my own but it seems more efficient if you are willing to just tell me more." 

Thanks. She will follow Alder along the border. Don't know if you want to start a new thread in the Glade continuing off this one.
King
372 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
[/ooc] Ill just keep this one going lol but you're still free to post threads and stuff. :3 [/ooc]

Freya listened dutifully, and the patched male cant help wondering what she's thinking about it all. Quiet as she was, the white woman followed him along the borders. Alder laughed at her comment and nodded, tail wagging. 

"Smart woman - you'll fit in here just wonderfully."

Striding along the inside of his home, the Pryor decided to tell her about the specialty ranks. 

"If you decide you want to go even further than the normal ranks of the Inner Circle, there are specialty ranks. You have to earn a specality in your trade to qualify for one, and theres only one wolf for each rank. They act as role models for the Court, the best of their trade."
54 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Freya was pleased to hear Alder say how well she would fit into the pack. Her bluntness hadn't put him off which put her at ease. She listened intently as he began to talk about the specialty ranks within the pack and how they were very selective. Seeing as how only one wolf could be in each possition she thought it best to kniow what everyone elses trades and specialties might be. That way she would get the possition without any problems other then getting the specialty. 

"I'm surely interested in higher ranking within the pack. Might I ask what the other pack members trades and possible specialties are? I would rather choose a trade no one else has to further the packs range in ability." haveing two wolves with the same specialty would be nice but it would be even better if the pack had many wolves with different specialties.
King
372 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
Smart, smart woman - she looked at it from the best point of view she could, asking what the other memebers had so far: after a moment of thinking, he recalled all he could for her. His confident stride never broke, and his head raised proudly as he spoke of those he cared for deeply. Ayla's desertion was ignored, shoved away - she was no Court member, and never would be again. 

"Baron Nico is a Scout, and our Duchess Shalon is a Mercenary. I'm a Councelor, and our denmother, Heartha, is going to be a Caregiver. I don't know about what they're doing for a secondary trade, or what the other members are planning to do - you should reach out and talk to them, since they are your new family. "
54 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Sadly it seemed that many of the members in the pack had trades most desired by Freya. She didn't think she would do so well as a naturalist. She could be come a more skilled hunter and as a chronicolor she would know the pack records, but cnouncelor seemed to be best suited for her. But she remembered that even though Alder was a councelor he was also the king. Most likely he wouldn't fill the councelor possition in the pack if he was already a king. She decided to ask. 

"I could look into being a more skilled hunter, or a historian for the pack, but I was wondering. As the King of the pack would you be eligible for the specialty rank in the pack, seeing as how King is a higher ranking." if Alder couldn't fill that spot within the pack that would be her main prefered ranking.
King
372 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
They could use a good Hunter for the pack - someone who might one day be their Dapifer - or a Historian to fill Bard, but anything she wanted to be was good enough for Alder. Any contribution was a good one. Her question brought his head shaking- 

"No - the specialty ranks are only for those in the Inner Circle. The King, Queen, Duke, and Duchess hold only those ranks." 

Pausing momentarily to leave a mark, the ruler nods for her to mark it too - the female's scent would become a part of the woods like everyone elses had.
54 Posts
Ooc — Raven
As she hoped the specialty role of councelor was still a viable possition for her. An advisor and historian would be her main focus. To help assist the leaders anyway she could as well as keep up on events within the pack. When he nodded to her to mark the border as he did she happily ablidged, marking it with her own scent.

She thought to share he plans of her trade more so with him, seeing as how support from the leader would benefit she greatly. "Seeing as how you are King and can not fill the specalized councelor rank, I think that will be my main objective. I know I have only just joined your ranks and it is a rather important specialty, over time I would like to be an advisor for you and your wife." she hoped he would understand her claim as ambition and not as her over stepping as she had only just joined.
King
372 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
Much to Alder's enjoyment, she was easy to mingle their scents - he would expect her to do this at least once or twice in the future, but for now he decided not to tell her, to see if she took initiative and do it herself. 

The white woman also seemed happy that she could be their Counselor. Her boldness, her ambition strung a wide grin across his face. New or not, he was thrilled that he'd recruited someone with some spunk! Continuing on their patrol with long strides - still pausing every few yards to mark, making sure to leave room for Freya to mark without overruling his own. 

"One day, I believe you will make a wonderful Scribe for the Court - I'll help you in every way I can to help you earn your trade, but I encourage you again to get to know your packmates, earn their trust. They'll be open to helping you, too, and its just as important for them to like you to get into the Inner Circle. It'll be harder, picking and earning a specialty, but with the help of the family I know you'll succeed."
54 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Freya smiled and nodded her head to Alder's support. He also brought up a point, she would need to not only be close to the king and queen, but those of the outer circle as well. She wasn't acustom to talking to those of standar rank, but she din't think it would be challenging. Technically those were the wolves she should fit in most with, seeing as how she matched their ranks.

"Thank you. I would surely be delighten to meet your wife as well as the others, assuming you allow me leave from your company." she spoke formally and blunt. The way she had learned to speak from her past pack and from those she had meet prior, before meeting Alder.
King
372 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
It seemed he'd given her a lot to think about, and Alder was glad - she would seek out the others and learn more as she went, and the ruler knew that one day she really would make a good Scribe. The pale woman asked if she could leave his company, and Alder laughed. 

"We're big on choice around here - and you're one of us now. Go check out your new home, meet everyone, and feel free to call someone if you have anymore questions. One more thing that might be good to know: Lying and disloyalty is one of the biggest and only no-no's we have around here - those who leave without a warning are not allowed back, and those who lie face the wrath of the Court. So far, that only covers one wolf: a white female with a dark back named Ayla."

With his last piece of advice said, he nodded and stopped only briefly to mark again before going on with the patrol.