Bramblepoint the soul felt its worth
1,002 Posts
Ooc — Houkie
Midwife
Master Medic
Before either she-wolf could offer a reply, Raven spotted a branch that had fallen off a nearby tree. It was thick enough that she could possibly use it as a makeshift sledgehammer. When she bent down to pick it up with her teeth, she bobbed her head as if in acknowledgement. It was definitely heavy enough, if a little unwieldy. With it clutched in her jaws, she turned back to face her audience, then positioned herself just right to bash the pine cone with the broken limb.

She missed the mark on her first try, though she hit the target on the second. The pine cone smashed into bits, little brown scales flying into the dusting of snow on the ground. Raven relaxed her grip, letting the branch slip from her maw and clatter at her feet. She brushed it aside with a swipe of her paw, then lowered herself to the ground to begin nosing at the remains of the pine cone.

"Dang," she commented quietly, then looked upward at—well, she hadn't gotten her name yet. "Sorry," Raven said first, though she figured the stranger understood the delay in reply, considering her mouth had been otherwise occupied. "I was hoping there'd be sap in the center but it looks like I'm out of luck." She began pushing herself into a seated position as she talked, a skein of disappointment in her voice. "I was going to collect it to use as an adhesive for bandages and the like."

Considering the experiment a failure, Raven had no intention to continue. But she wouldn't take off without introducing herself properly. "I'm Raven, by the way, from Redhawk Caldera." She licked her lips and glanced at the paler woman first, who introduced herself as October from Neverwinter Forest, then apologized and said she must go. Raven nodded her head in farewell, watching October depart before her yellow eyes tracked back to her remaining company.
Messages In This Thread
the soul felt its worth - by Raven - November 19, 2016, 03:03 PM
RE: the soul felt its worth - by October - November 21, 2016, 11:55 PM
RE: the soul felt its worth - by Raven - November 22, 2016, 11:24 AM
RE: the soul felt its worth - by Allure - November 23, 2016, 08:24 AM
RE: the soul felt its worth - by Raven - December 08, 2016, 12:38 PM
RE: the soul felt its worth - by Allure - December 23, 2016, 01:48 PM
RE: the soul felt its worth - by Raven - December 30, 2016, 03:16 PM
RE: the soul felt its worth - by Allure - January 02, 2017, 08:31 AM
RE: the soul felt its worth - by Raven - January 02, 2017, 01:04 PM