Silver Creek The days grow short, the nights long
You did not break me I'm still fighting for peace
251 Posts
Ooc — sonia
All Welcome 
@Casmir if you have time! 

While Rowan didn't want to push it was becoming more evident that Laika's scent had faded. Amber was gone as well and although they had new faces - which she had not met yet, out of obstinate nature and her reclusivness - Rowan still worried. Her thoughts frequently passed to the dark Mayfair beta, trying to surmise how she would support him without overwhelming him. She didn't want to be that sort of woman, after all. 

She was stretched in a patch of sunlight, the children exploring the dusting of snow near her. She smiled as she looked at them, laying herself down to let them investigate the change in the weather and the world thry had known thus far. 
And I know that I can survive
I walked through fire to save my life

[Image: counselor.gif] 4/5,[Image: caretaker.gif] 1/5
leave that old record spinning
745 Posts
Ooc — ebony
[table width=55%][tr][td]
snow, and no Laika. Casmir had grown drawn and grim, but decided he wished to move on with his life. if she came back -- he would decide what to do then. the boy patrolled, remarking the borders where the scent had weakened beneath the pale dusting, and when he circled 'round again, he decided to seek out Rowan. she and her children were the only source of happiness for him now. he discovered the ashen woman reclining while the kids played not far from her. "hey, Cort. hey Mones," Casmir murmured, dropping the bit of broken antler he'd found between the newly nicknamed pups.
he stalked over to Rowan and flopped down not far from her in a knocking tangle of long limb. "Rowe," he greeted, running a salmon tongue across his lips and fixing his eyes on the kids. he didn't speak more than that, enjoying the comfortable silence of the woman's warm presence.[/tr][/td][/table]
please send all PMs regarding garait & casmir to relmyna
[Image: casfoot.jpg]
251 Posts
Ooc — sonia
Rowan perked up when she caught Casmir's scent. He was good about dropping by since he'd returned, and he didn't hesitate to do so which made her feel good in turn. He wasn't afraid, didn't question his place there, it was in many ways the family that she'd longed for and while the situation was far from ideal it was enough that she'd seen her children blossom as well just for having another bit of company. 

When Casmir approached the children were beyond themselves, reaching up to lick his chin with their happy little yips. Even the more quiet Mona wound herself through his legs before Casmir gave them their present, both puppies investigating and exploring the bone. Rowan smiled at the sight, watching the puppies before she turned her attention to Casmir. It was hard sometimes to remember he was so young - not much younger than she was - but he had so much on his shoulders. 

Rowan reached over to nuzzle against his shoulder before she relaxed again. "Anything on the borders?" It was a question for the state of things, an invitation to speak if he wanted to about Laika, or, to ignore the circumstances completely. 

745 Posts
Ooc — ebony
just having Rowan around soothed some of Cas' anger; he watched Mones and Cort play, and was content for a fleeting moment, until the pale woman nosed him and brought his attention back to her. the Beta knew what she was asking, and was grateful for her vagueness. "nothing," he muttered, shaking his muzzle. "i didn't expect to find anything. i never do -- these days." his little niece and nephew were squabbling good-naturedly now, and Cas smiled wryly. "i bet Dee would love to see this." she would have accepted them immediately and completely as her baby siblings, and it reminded Cas again of why he felt they should all go home to Donnelaith, even if that wasn't feasible.
"you know, if you ever wanted to go for a walk or whatever, i'd watch the kids, Rowe," he found himself murmuring softly, unsure of why she did it. he simply wanted her to know she had support in him, trust; he could be what others had failed to be for him.[/tr][/td][/table]
251 Posts
Ooc — sonia
Rowan let her head return to her paws, silver eyes fixed on Casmir as he spoke. It was unfair. He had been through so much, too much for such a young man. Rowan found her old soul woefully ignoring her own age again in favor of mother henning Casmir. "She would," Rowan agreed with a small smile as she left the thoughts of Laika and the sorrows plaguing the Mayfair clan away. "Come spring I might make the journey to the forest with them. They are too young and the elements too rough to dream of it now.. " Rowan glanced to the children as they played before a pale ear flicked back to Casmir at his offer. 

"I trust you most of all, Cas." Rowan offered genuinely. She lifted her head again to rest her skull against his for a moment before pressing a kiss to his temple and pulling away. "You saved them, and me, you know. We would be lost without you. " She would have found somewhere, surely, but she wouldn't have found another like him. 

745 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Cas did not consider what he had been through to be too much, but then again he was looking at it through the delicate lens of manhood. he shouldered what he must because he was a man, and a Mayfair to boot, despite having been raised by Lasher, who defied all such constrictive roles. the boy sighed, ears falling back against his skull at her sentiment, and smiled softly. "thanks." it meant more than he could articulate, that Rowan thought so highly of him. "that would be nice. i'm sure it would be great to go back to visit."
at his hips, his tail thumped once against the ground; he cleared his throat. "i'm glad you're here. with me," Casmir added in a rush, as if his intentions weren't completely evident.[/tr][/td][/table]
251 Posts
Ooc — sonia
"Perhaps you could come with us, then, if you aren't so busy when it warms up." Rowan would still hope that Laika would come home, that Laurel and Indra would return - that Casmir would be given the family the boy deserved. From an outsider looking in they made a beautiful family. Two children between them, a son and daughter to teach and raise, and all the support that could be offered. Rowan would never be so selfish as to tie Casmir down or make him feel like a replacement for his father. Frequently she feared that Casmir felt duty bound to her and she tried to make sure she never crowded the man down. 

As if Casmir had felt her thoughts (perhaps he had - she didn't ask him, didn't dare to) he confessed that he was happy she was there with him. Rowan blinked back her shock before she smiled at him, tail sweeping the ground behind her. "I am grateful every day that our paths crossed." Rowan admitted. She had been lead by the spirits to Lasher to open the door and bear his children and then lead to Casmir to be the rock for him to anchor her and shelter her. She hoped she provided similar comforts for him. 

745 Posts
Ooc — ebony
gonna fade this here <3

he nodded, grinning. "that would be nice." her next sentiment caused the boy to dip his muzzle and flush beneath his fur. "me too," he mumbled. he cleared his throat again and tossed Rowan a gentle grin. "i'd better get back to patrolling." nudging her shoulder, the Beta stood to his paws and winked in the direction of the pups. "bye, kids!" with that he was off, his rangy stride carrying him back to the day's tasks.[/tr][/td]
[/table]