Dragoncrest Cliffs birth me from your bones again
warbringer
454 Posts
Ooc — romanova
Guardian
Tactician
if anything is inconsistant/needs changed (mostly with when she finds them) please give me a poke and i'll gladly change it! <3

[table width=85%][tr][td]
Once she was safe from the awaken and hungry dragon Eske had waited behind for a few hours for her siblings, letting Drageda get ahead of her. She had not fled with them but she stuck to the trail that Heda and the others had left behind. Freyja and Hvitserk never showed and knowing that if she would have waited for much longer she would lose Heda's trail. For all she knew, though, for all she had seen of them lately (which was to say hardly at all) they could have left long before the Dragon had erupted and she would have been none the wiser. It was not safe to go back and search for them and ...she wasn't even sure there would be anything left of them to search for had they not made it out. The warrior princess turned her back to the Dragon and followed the trail left by those who had escaped with Heda.

As she neared their scents drew stronger, and though she was tired, hungry and worried she felt nothing but relief when she finally caught up to them. For a moment, she was afraid the intensity of her relief might bring her to her knees but the warrior princess held resolute; like iron. She smelled of ash and smoke, it clung to her coat and filled her black, leathery nostrils so that she barely registered the slightly familiar, tangy scent of salt upon the air. It was only familiar to her because she'd recently taken a trip to Ankyra Sound to explore the coast, to see what had lain beyond her beloved slumbering dragon. It was ruin now, surely. She trudged towards Drageda, her head low as she joined those that had gathered.

“I stayed back for Freyja and Hvitserk when I cleared the danger,” She spoke in the common tongue, unsure if she was addressing Heda or the group. She was weary and horribly homesick for the place she could never return to; and her life had been little more than a ride from hell as of late. Still, she was alive. She was strong. She was forged of iron and she would not break. “I stayed as long as I could without losing your trail.” Her voice was apologetic, and for a moment her eyes flashed as violent as the churning sea as she thought that she should have went back to search for them but ...not at the cost of her life. As for the outsider that Freyja had shacked up with Eske didn't really care what had befallen him either way (she's rude like that). She did not add that they never showed for it was obvious enough as she had shown up alone. “but Hvitserk had been spending a lot of time out of the territory and Freyja is smart.” Whether she was trying to convince them or herself Eske couldn't say. She didn't really feel better, even believing that they got out to safety: but if they had why had they not joined the others? Went north? Found her?

There was nothing she could do now, she knew. First, she needed to rest and fill her stomach and then if Drageda decided on a search party volunteer to go with them.
[/td][/tr][/table]
roangeda · green-lit

trigedasleng
— your hands are wet with the blood
of an empire. you lick it off.
Messages In This Thread
birth me from your bones again - by Antumbra - December 18, 2016, 10:22 PM
RE: birth me from your bones again - by Wildfire - December 18, 2016, 11:00 PM
RE: birth me from your bones again - by RIP Blodreina - December 19, 2016, 03:16 PM
RE: birth me from your bones again - by Portia - December 19, 2016, 05:28 PM
RE: birth me from your bones again - by Dio - December 20, 2016, 12:15 AM
RE: birth me from your bones again - by Tanja - December 20, 2016, 10:27 AM
RE: birth me from your bones again - by Hush - December 21, 2016, 06:33 PM