Hushed Willows I was angry with my friend
you feed it all your woes; the ghostly garden grows
120 Posts
Ooc —
he's just a weak little pupper, you guys can pull him around all you like ;D

As the shadow descended upon him, taking almost all light with it, so did it slowly take up a shape he thought he could recognize. Kavos watched as Death, an amorphous black specter, became wolf, and wolf became relief. The respite of seeing another of his kind flooded through him so heavily that his previously flaccid body suddenly tensed up with the pressure of all his unbidden emotions, and at last he began to shiver.

He was alive. He could feel.

A whine croaked past his dry palette, tongue curling reflexively as warmth began to shield his quivering body from the lashing cold. He shook tremendously, racked with uncontrollable shudders as his body recognized the opportunity to survive and remembered its will to live. He hardly heard anything except the howl, though he hadn't the strength to even wonder what the bereft music meant.

He could feel Stark's voice better than he could hear it, and he huddled instinctively into the man's body, eager to be caressed by the vibration of the alpha's body as he howled. The music stopped, but Kavos was becoming aware of things beyond this— other sounds and scents that he'd been senseless to just moments ago. His own tremors were only just subsiding when the body surrounding him tensed suddenly, and he found that he was being dragged away from the resplendent heat, only to have it replaced by something else.

Mother.

He knew her scent from his hatred of it. He knew Amara only as weakness, and sustenance, and displeasure. He knew her as fear. As sadness. And he knew, in that moment, that she loved him.

She enveloped him with her own body, and her presently feeble son was too worn to deny her. His repulsion was staved by his desperation for warmth, and so he burrowed into her, unable to force his body in any direction besides towards the heat source of the body nearest to him. He could not see Banner on the other side of his mother, but he heard her muffled voice from where his head had buried itself beneath Amara's armpit, and recognized it instantly. "B-B-Bann—" he chattered nonsensically, his own voice too quiet and strained to be made out for certain.
Messages In This Thread
I was angry with my friend - by Kavos - December 20, 2016, 03:55 AM
RE: I was angry with my friend - by Stark - December 20, 2016, 06:24 AM
RE: I was angry with my friend - by Kavos - December 20, 2016, 07:59 PM
RE: I was angry with my friend - by Stark - December 20, 2016, 10:07 PM
RE: I was angry with my friend - by Amara - December 20, 2016, 10:32 PM
RE: I was angry with my friend - by Banner - December 20, 2016, 11:22 PM
RE: I was angry with my friend - by Kavos - December 21, 2016, 12:52 AM
RE: I was angry with my friend - by Stark - December 21, 2016, 01:16 AM
RE: I was angry with my friend - by Gwen - December 21, 2016, 05:14 AM
RE: I was angry with my friend - by Talewi - December 22, 2016, 09:00 AM
RE: I was angry with my friend - by Amara - December 29, 2016, 02:33 AM