Silver Creek Life's too short not to live it up a little
Deceased
323 Posts
Ooc — Belle
Joining 
Mawk frowned as he pushed his paws through the gathering snow. He despised Winter. His fur wasn't the thickest, and it did little to keep him warm. The wolfdog knew where he was going. He needed a pack - that much was obvious. If he didn't find one he probably wouldn't survive the harsh winter months, as much as it irritated him.

His mind was messing with him again. Part of him wanted to be arrogent and try to survive on his own anyway, and the other side was trying to reason with the other. I'll be dead if I don't. He murmered to himself. Finally he approached pack borders. He didn't recognise the smell, but he didn't care. Any pack would do.

Cautiously he glanced over the edge but there were no wolves in sight. Huffing to himself, he let out a howl to hopefully bring some wolves over. The cream dog wasn't the most social of creatures, but if he could join then maybe he could busy himself with marking the borders or something.
Sometimes You Just Have To Believe
734 Posts
Ooc — Emma
Away
Recently she had found herself very hungry and while she was sure it had a little bit to do with Winter, another part of her wondered if it was something else... something to come.  Still she couldn't be entirely sure yet, so she would just have to wait and see... only then would she tell Heston the news that could be.

A howl at the borders scattered her thoughts and instantly she began to make her ways towards them.  She hoped it was a new joiner, they needed more if they were to survive the winter, so if this was someone who was useful in someway and wished to join, she'd probably just let them join instantly rather than having to wait like the normal joining system... and as a matter of fact she was thinking of dropping that joining system, only because recently it had seemed to delay the amount of members brought in.
Deceased
323 Posts
Ooc — Belle
Mawk raised his head as a figure approached. It was a pretty brown wolfess. The wolfdog gave her a toothy grin before lowering his head in submission. "'Ey there, Miss," He said. 

The wolf would probably ask him why he was here, etc, so he waited for a response before he would start yapping on again.

He was, however, slightly worried that it was obvious he was a wolfdog. He did have a curled tail, after all. Perhaps this wolf would ignore his dog features, and let him onto the pack regardless.
734 Posts
Ooc — Emma
Away
He seemed friendly enough, but she did notice something about him aside from that... he seemed different.  It wasn't really anything really bad or anything like that, but his tail... it did this curly thing.  So while it was a little wierd, along with a couple other things she secretly found it kinda cool, but decided not to press on that stuff.

"Are you here to join my pack?  If you are what use can you be to use?"  She asked him in a formal, more solemn tone, her eyes searching him for clues.  He seemed ablebodied despite his slight differences.  So perhaps he could be of good use to her and if so he could join.
Deceased
323 Posts
Ooc — Belle
He shifted on his paws slightly and sniffed, "If ya'll have me." The wolfess had said 'my pack' so Mawk supposed she must be the alpha.

He considered her question, and flicked his curled tail slightly. "Eh, I could be a Scout or mercenary if ya want. Both even, if it's what ya wish." He tilted his head, and it perfectly showed his more dog-like features, like the way his left ear folded a smidge when he moved. For a brief moment he realized this and gave a fake, uncomfortable cough. No doubt at some point someone would question his appearance, and he'd just have to answer truthfully. Not that it mattered. Surely they wouldn't turn him away based purely on his parents.
734 Posts
Ooc — Emma
Away
A scout and/or mercenary, both would be more than useful.  "I like the skills that you claim to have," she remarked, straight forward, "and if you will be loyal to us and accept me as your Alpha you may join now, as we will need numbers through the winter."  She told him, curious to see how he would respond, hopefully saying that he would join.

She had noticed the way his ear flopped, yet found that not to bother her either... as long as he wasn't deaf, which he didn't appear to be, she was fine with that.  It wasn't like a floppy ear was the end of the world anyways.
Deceased
323 Posts
Ooc — Belle
Mawk almost let out a sigh of relief. She didn't seem to care about his features, which was good. He gave a little wag of his tail, which looked slightly odd at the curled angle it was. "I do, and thank ya, but may I have ya name? I am Mawk, pleasure to meet ya, Alpha." He gave her a lopsided grin, and he knew he'd have to work, whether he was a scout, mercenary, or both. The wolfdog didn't really have a preference; just what ever the alpha told him to do. That was being loyal, right?

Perhaps he'd meet more pretty wolves like the one infront of him, too? Mawk could be a right charmer if in the right situation, but he didn't feel like now was the best time to do so. Not when he was only just joining. He heard his stomach growl slightly and licked his chops, hoping it was quiet enough that the alpha wouldn't hear it. He was hungry, but it could wait until later.
734 Posts
Ooc — Emma
Away
He accepted her offer, which was great.  They had stronger numbers now, they should be prepared for winter now.  She noticed his tail wag and it did appear a little wierd all curled up like that, but it wasn't anything that she couldn't handle.

"It was a pleasure to meet you Mawk and welcome to Silver Creek," she began, "I'm your Alpha, Spring."  For a moment she paused, collecting her thoughts.  "You can take your first days to make some friends around here, but then I'd like to see you start contributing, by protecting the borders and maybe doing a little bit of scouting to bring us information about other packs."
Deceased
323 Posts
Ooc — Belle
Spring, a nice name, in his opinion. He nodded eagerly at his new alpha, and replied calmly, "Thank ya again, an' will do." He took a moment to take in the Alphas appearance, sneakily so she might not notice. Mawk didn't want her to think bad of him, though he didn't see how any harm could be done with just a glance.

He shuffled again on his paws, now unsure of what to say next. Spring had accepted him into Silver Creek, so now what? Would she show him any places, introduce him to any wolves or let him do whatever now?
734 Posts
Ooc — Emma
Away
She felt it was time for Mawk to explore the Creek on his own, check out his new home and meet some other members of the Creek.

"I'll be hoping to see you around Mawk, you can feel free to go check out your new home, meet some others or go find a den.  Again it was very nice to meet you."  Then she got ready to make her leave, but hesitated just a little in case Mawk had any more questions, if not she would leave.

Want to wrap this up?
Deceased
323 Posts
Ooc — Belle
Mawk listened and nodded again. "Ya, I'm sure I'll see ya 'round," He barked and he stood up a little more, though retained the submissive postition of his head. If he could, he would have also tucked his tail inbetween his legs (more submission), but, as it was, he didn't think he'd actually be able to make his tail stay there. It would most likely just bounce back, and that would be embarrassing.

So he just nodded, and said nothing more. She seemed as though prepared to leave, so he didn't ask any questions (he didn't have any anyway) and turned to walk further into the territory.
Sure!