Great Bear Wilderness kaleidoscope eyes
<font face="High tower text"><div><span style="color:#008b8b;">k</span><span style="color:#158b8b;">a</span><span style="color:#298b8b;">l</span><span style="color:#3e8b8b;">e</span><span style="color:#528b8b;">i</span><span style="color:#3e828b;">d</span><span style="color:#297a8b;">o</span><span style="color:#15718b;">s</span><span style="color:#00688b;">c</span><span style="color:#087b93;">o</span><span style="color:#108d9b;">p</span><span style="color:#18a0a2;">e</span><span style="color:#20b2aa;"> </span><span style="color:#2abab3;">e</span><span style="color:#34c2bb;">y</span><span style="color:#3ec9c4;">e</span><span style="color:#48d1cc;">s</span></div></font>
193 Posts
Ooc — Mini
just looking for some fun, Gali wants to meet other wolves :3

Pink clouds rolled over the mountains, tickling the tips of the tallest trees with their fluff. The sun yawned in the background and began drooping under the horizon, falling behind view.

Near the border where the Kintla flatlands became raggedy and full of trees, giving birth to a land known as the Great Bear Wilderness, a pale grey shadow trotted along, zig-zagging through the trees, his nose close to the ground and his tail held straight behind him.

The pepper coated male padded along, his mind set off elsewhere, he was looking for something -or rather someone- but he didn't quite knew what or who. He was just wandering without a plan or any expectation. Just walking.

Suddenly his nose came across a puddle, in it, his reflexion swayed staring back at him with those bright reddish eyes that sparkled at the world like a kaleidoscope.
“Look! You want to see? See! Feast your eyes, glut your soul on my cursed ugliness! Look at Erik's face! Now you know the face of the voice!" ~Erik, The Phantom of the Opera
236 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
Hello there! :D

The marred wolf was an aesthete, one who appreciated beauty. She especially enjoyed the beauty of nature, from the meadows that are transformed into rainbows during spring to the icy wonderlands of winter. Sunsets, however, were year round, constant. The sun never disappeared (unless you lived further north, like her father had told her!), so there was always a watercolour painting of pinks, oranges, yellows, reds, purples, and blues before nightfall, no matter the season.

After leaving the Kintla Flatlands after her encounter with the fox, Erika began travelling back near the Silvertip Mountains to finally join the pack that resided there. But the beauty of the setting sun over the mountains distracted her. The sable-furred wolf sat down for a while, and watched.

A smell tickled her nose after a few moments of sitting in the tall grass. A wolf's smell. Now alert, the former Fantôme stiffened and moved a bit more into the steadily growling shadows to wait for the new wolf to pass.
<font face="High tower text"><div><span style="color:#008b8b;">k</span><span style="color:#158b8b;">a</span><span style="color:#298b8b;">l</span><span style="color:#3e8b8b;">e</span><span style="color:#528b8b;">i</span><span style="color:#3e828b;">d</span><span style="color:#297a8b;">o</span><span style="color:#15718b;">s</span><span style="color:#00688b;">c</span><span style="color:#087b93;">o</span><span style="color:#108d9b;">p</span><span style="color:#18a0a2;">e</span><span style="color:#20b2aa;"> </span><span style="color:#2abab3;">e</span><span style="color:#34c2bb;">y</span><span style="color:#3ec9c4;">e</span><span style="color:#48d1cc;">s</span></div></font>
193 Posts
Ooc — Mini
Galileo looked into the puddle, amber eyes meeting his reflextion, an older male, with a tired expression under his eyelids stared back at him. Only then did the male noticed how years had gone by, even if he had a young spirit, Galileo could tell he was no longer a youngster. His pepper coat had been getting more and more specks of white, as if every snowflake that had ever fallen on him had turned into a white hair.

He sighed, knowing time would slow down, just like the sunset behind him, his days of calling himself a youngster were almost over. He wasn't getting any younger. He smiled at his reflection, noticing how that simple gesture seemed to take a couple of years off him.

Then something claimed his attention. A smell. He inhaled deeply, and recognized the scent of another wolf. Seeing he was not alone he raised his tail, and scanned his surroundings. "Come out, come out, wherever you are" he whispered.
“Look! You want to see? See! Feast your eyes, glut your soul on my cursed ugliness! Look at Erik's face! Now you know the face of the voice!" ~Erik, The Phantom of the Opera
236 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
It was then that she saw the wolf in question. He was an older male, with a pepper coat freckled with white hair. The male was staring at himself in a puddle, for what purpose she did not know nor care. All she cared for was whether or not he would attack her.

When the wolf raised his tail and scanned the area, Erika cursed at herself silently for not moving downwind of him. The wolf shifted silently, backing deeper and deeper into the shadows, trying to avoid a confrontation.
I want my wife and children back. Do not get in the way of this goal and I will not have to kill you for it.
276 Posts
Ooc — Isabelle
Away
OOC: Mind if I jump in?

IC: Majesty traveled along the border of the Great Bear Wilderness. He took in the sights and smells around him, reveling in the beauty of the sunset. He had decided to go for a late walk, to get to know his surroundings better and record them in his memory, as he did with all new information. As he continued on his way, his nose tingled as he came across two new smells.

One of them was a scent he didn't recognize, other than that it was a male wolf. Another was a scent he did recognize: Jinx. But it wasn't actually his Alpha. The scent was too faint, mixed in with another female's scent. Curiously, he pressed onwards, until the three scents became much stronger.

There, in the grass in front of him were two wolves. One was the male, an older wolf with salt and pepper fur, though with more white than black. He was scanning the surrounding area, as if looking for something. The other wolf, the female, was all black, with piercing yellow eyes. He couldn't really tell from where he was standing, but there seemed to be something wrong with her face. She was backing away from the male slowly, and looked scared.

Immediately, Majesty stepped forward, in front of the male to block his view, hoping to give the female a chance to escape. She smelled of Jinx, and that meant she was part of his pack. He was hoping he was doing the right thing by defending her. "Hello," he said to the male in a friendly tone, his clear, deep voice ringing out. "How are you this fine evening?"
193 Posts
Ooc — Mini
not at all

Tsk Tsk, he mused, as his eyes flickered along the shadows lookign for the shy wolf that wouldn't show its face.
Galileo was not a man of war, he loathed violence to say the truth. But sometimes due to the intensity of his eyes and his broad shoulders he came off as a brute.

He kept walking determined to find the wolf that hung in the shadows, he had all the time in the world considering that as a lone wolf he had no particular destination, and no one waiting for him at home. And truthfully he enjoyed a little game of hide and seek..

Suddenly another scent crashed against his nose and a huge dark wolf stepped in front of him. Not what he had expected to find, or what he had been looking for..Galileo held his ground and blinked at the other male. "Hello to you," he greeted cooly,"Very well,how about yourself?" he asked, a tiny part of him finding the scent he carried familiar. The image of a she-wolf named after the moon popped into his mind.
236 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
The black wolf was about to break and run, or at least frighten the peppered wolf away from her. She was beginning to stand when someone interfered. Another male, but bigger. She barred her fangs slightly, but when the smell of the Silvertip Mountain hit her, she relaxed slightly.

Her packmate had smelled her and her fear and had stepped on to help her. Erika sighed with relief. She was not up for a fight at the moment. She was down right skeletal, even a pup could knock her over if it tried. The maimed wolf stood and walked over to her packmate, suddenly feeling safe and secure in his presence.
I want my wife and children back. Do not get in the way of this goal and I will not have to kill you for it.
276 Posts
Ooc — Isabelle
Away
"Very well," the salt-and-pepper wolf replied, his voice seemingly indifferent. "How about yourself?"

Majesty dipped his head to the male and smiled. "I am doing quite well, also." He was about to say more when he noticed that the black she-wolf who had been hiding earlier rose and began coming toward them. He gave her a smile of reassurance, glad that the smell of fear was now gone from her body. "Good evening, Madame," he said to her as she came closer, stopping beside him. "Are you alright?"

Suddenly, he saw the disfigurement on the side of her face, and bit down on his tongue to keep from crying out in surprise. His eyes widened for a moment, and then he forced his face to go back to its normal friendly expression. He also kept his eyes from wandering all over the wound. It was not his place to ask questions. Especially not here, not in front of a lone wolf that neither of them knew. And so, he simply continued smiling, putting the questions out of his mind and wagging his tail a bit in greeting of the female.
193 Posts
Ooc — Mini
Extraordinarily this giant seemed to be more on the gentle side than on the gore loving side. He dipped his head as a greeting, a gesture Galileo returned with a smile. Then he opened his mouth again to answer Galileo's question, but got interrupted by another wolf that walked into the scene, carrying the same scent on her pelt.

A black female, that walked slowly next to the male, her weak frame giving her a ghostly appereance, Galileo could see some of her ribs protuding from her flanks. He gave the newly arrived wolf a corteous dip of his head and waited for her to answer the gentle giant's question. His eyes focused on her face, glimmering with curiosity as he saw the male's reaction when he saw her..

Wasn't he used to the horrid sights famine and malnourishment brought with them?
236 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
Erika flinched as her packmate's eyes widened with fear. He didn't say anything to her, but the look on his face was enough. Her golden eyes glared at the male for a moment, but then she calmly responded to his question.

"I am fine Monsieur. Zere iz nothing to worry about." She hid her disfigurement away from the two males. "Et vous, monsieur," Erika turned to the loner. "If you are travelling, do not 'ead towards ze mountain. Zat iz where our pack lives. It would be beneficial, if you wish to continue wandering without a scar."
193 Posts
Ooc — Mini
In a second the black pelted female flinched and jerked her head away abrubtly, then she shot a cold glare at the male and shook away his worry. She wasn't giving a pleasent impression in the older male..She had a secret to hide, a sharpness in her eyes that disturbed him.

Then she looked at him, and addressing him with indifference,warning -or rather threatening?- Galileo to beat it before he got beat. He stared blankly at the female, his ear flicking back with resentment, he was a wanderer, a traveler that lived for the stars and the sunrise, fueled by the wanderlust in his heart.

He sighed as he discovered not every wolf was as nice as Bazi, the white female; Lunar, the stargazer; or even the giant male by this female's side. Not every wolf would be a friend, like not every day would be sunny.

Erika was a damp cloudy day in Galileo's mind. He flicked his tail and not answering to the female's comment he adressed the male, "My name is Galileo," he began, "I don't mean to trouble you," he stated, "May I ask what pack you belong to?" .
276 Posts
Ooc — Isabelle
Away
OOC: Galileo, you skipped my turn, but that's fine. I was supposed to go after Erika.

IC: Majesty could hear the cold tone in his pack-mate's voice as she responded to his query about whether she was okay. He sighed, wishing he could have hidden his surprised expression a bit faster, and decided that, the moment they were alone, he would apologize to her. He stayed quiet as she spoke to the lone wolf, warning him to stay away from Silvertip Mountain. He didn't like the fact that she had subtly threatened him, but then again, he couldn't tell whether or not she had even meant it as a threat. And then the older male turned to him and said, "My name is Galileo. I don't mean to trouble you. May I ask what pack you belong to?"

Majesty dipped his head in greeting, giving a smile, which he was known to do quite often. "My name is Majesty, Sir. And I am part of the Silvertip Mountain Pack. Why were you wondering that? Are you thinking of joining a pack? We would be happy to have you, I'm sure, though you'd have to speak with my Alpha first."

Majesty did not mention that the female beside him was part of his pack. He was sure Galileo could smell the connection between them, but if he hadn't noticed, Majesty wasn't going to say anything about the she-wolf, in case she didn't want strangers to know. And if this lone wolf was planning on joining them, he would find out soon enough, anyways.
236 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
Her guard hairs bristled a bit when the loner ignored her question and turned to her packmate. GlComment grossier! she hissed internally. If she seemed blunt and cold, it was only because she was doing her duty as a Silvertip Mountain wolf. She didn't want any wolves coming near the border and being unnecessarily attacked for their ignorance.

The lone wolf Galileo, upon introducing himself, had asked what pack they, or should she say, Majesty, had belonged to. Majesty voiced her thoughts, by asking if he was considering joining a pack. The French-Canadian wasn't sure if Madame Jinx approved of her subordinates recruiting wolves into the pack. It didn't seem that way, so the scarred wolf kept silent and let Majesty do the talking for now. Besides, she felt shunned out of this conversation anyway.
193 Posts
Ooc — Mini
yeah sorry about that :p and Erika sorry Gali is being such an arse he just feels her comment was out of place

As fast as the conversation had begun it began to die, the female that had been threatening Galileo had turned her face and again gazing at an unknown object in the distance. The larger wolf still faced Galileo, the frail body of the female seemed like a twig compared to him.

Galieo started to feel uncomfortable, their unspoken squabble had drained out all his enthusiasm at meeting someone knew. Now his radiant eyes were dull and uninterested. Just as Galileo planned to give and excuse to leave the wolves, the male spoke again, introducing himself and his pack and making a quite odd suggestion.

Silvertip Mountain. Another pack that roamed the territory. So far he had met members of two packs: Swiftcurrent Creek, where the lovely snow white female Bazi lived, and Silvertip Mountain.. suddenly another face popped up in his mind. Lunar.

"Silvertip mountain" he repeated, "Do you know Lunar?" he asked blankly. He wanted to know more about the brown and black female. Then regarding Majesty's suggestion he shook his head, and blinked at him a mix of gratitude and respect in his eyes. "No I do not wish to join, thank you" he concluded. He still did not know if he'd accept any offer to join a pack, but he did know that Silvertip was not the pack for him.
276 Posts
Ooc — Isabelle
Away
OOC: I'm so sorry for the late reply, guys! I completely forgot about this thread!

IC: "Silvertip Mountain," Galileo repeated. "Do you know Lunar?" he asked. "And no, I do not wish to join, thank you."

Majesty shook his head. "No, I'm sorry. I have not met Lunar yet. I assume she is part of my pack if you are asking about… her? It is a her, right?" At the look of approval, Majesty continued. "Would you… like me to carry on a message to her?"

Majesty didn't know if this was allowed, but Galileo seemed harmless and friendly enough. Even if Erika didn't seem to like him very much. He flinched inwardly, remembering the look she had given him. As he waited for the lone wolf's reply, he turned and gave her a smile, hoping to make her feel less left out. And hoping she wouldn't brush him off later when he tried to apologize.
236 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
The marred wolf blinked at the mention of Lunar, a packmate of hers. It was someone she had not met...or did she? She remembered a meeting by Duck Lake, where she met a wolf of Swiftcurrent Creek, who she by chance heard her name, Bazi. There was another wolf, and she was from Silvertip Mountain. The she-wolf was young, dusky: a mix of black and brown. Perhaps this was the wolf he was speaking of.

"I zink I know who you are talking about, Galileo. Iz she a black and brown wolf?"

As she answered, Majesty turned to her and flashed her a smile. It was apologetic, trying to make up for his fear upon seeing her crâne de la mort. She did not smile back, but her eyes sent a silent message: Je vous pardonne...
193 Posts
Ooc — Mini
as this was set before Galileo attempted to join the Creek, just think of him as a lone wolf still :3

Galileo's hopes of finding more about the peculiar female were dropped, as he watched the large male shake his head. He gave a small sigh and shook his head, "No don't worry about it, just wanted to know how's she's been" he mused, as he remembered the female who shared his same fascination for the skies.

Then the two wolves shared a smile, and seemed to have an unspoken agreement between them. Galileo just flicked an ear back, when suddenly the black she-wolf referred to him once again.

Unlike Majesty,she did seem to know who he was talking about. Galileo's hopes revived and he nodded at her with expectant eyes, "Yes, I believe we're talking about the same female" he smiled, "How is she?" he asked.
276 Posts
Ooc — Isabelle
Away
OOC: I think Majesty's pretty much played his part in this thread, so I'm going to have this be the last one with him in it. If you guys don't mind, could you make your last posts as well? I think this thread has dragged on for as long as it needed to. Thanks!

IC: Majesty could now see that his pack-mate was just fine. He felt comfortable leaving her alone with the male, and decided it was time to take his leave. He bowed to the black she-wolf first, and then the salt-and-pepper male. "I think I will take my leave now," he said. "It was nice meeting both of you."

With that, he stepped back out of the conversation and took a deep breath of Spring air. He looked to the skies to see what the rest of the day's weather would be like. Then he looked down at the ground, seeing if he could spot any medicinal plants nearby. With a smile to himself, he trotted off, wondering what sort of adventure now lay before him…

[Exit Majesty]
236 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
This is my last post. :3

Her packmate, Majesty, bowed to the lone wolf and herself before saying a farewell and leaving. Now alone with the loner, she drew herself up a bit. She felt uncomfortable being alone with this unknown wolf. He did not react to her face like Majesty had, but that did not mean he repulsed her...

"I 'ave not seen much of 'er lately, but zeir are no news on any of mah packages being severely injured, so I assume she is doing well." To be truly honest, she hasn't seen the young wolf since the encounter at Duck Lake. But, there have been no serious reports of her either, so the disfigured wolf could only assume. "When I see 'er, I will tell 'er zat you said 'allo." She bowed, similar to Majesty. "Au reviour, Monsieur. Farewell." she said, walking a bit too quickly towards the direction where Majesty had departed.
193 Posts
Ooc — Mini
exit :-) thanks for the amazing thread <3

Galileo dipped his head in returned as he watched the large brown male leave, then he turned his attention back to the female, waiting for any bit of news of his friend, Lunar.

He pricked his ears as she began to speak, trying to connect the phrases of her accent, still he understood what she meant. Silvertip Mountain must be a large pack, he thought considering the own members didn't know each other well..

When the female assured him she'd let her know he said hello, a bright smile spread across his face, "That'd be wonderful," he barked and dipped his head again as the female announced her departure, "Goodbye, see you" he barked and turned, each going their own way.