Noctisardor Bypass i can learn, if you want
que the fuck
27 Posts
Ooc — Nadia
Joining 

The rains hadn't ceased for the entirety of Cuicatl's journey. She tried to hide under the tall limbs of trees and in the shallow stone dens which littered the land, but it was of no use. By the time she arrived at the freshly marked border, her tawny coat was soaked, giving the saturated fur a slick appearance. Now that there was nowhere for her to hide, she sat back on her haunches at the border and howled for someone to come meet her, though she wondered just how well the entire thing could possibly go over.

What, with her not speaking English and all.

Cuicatl flicked her tail around to wick away some of the excess moisture (pointless during such a storm) and began preening at the fur, though her body tremored from the cold. Hopefully someone would arrive soon and she would be able to find a place to lay, for the wrath of early spring was not treating the desert wolf kindly at all.
This is a limited consent character! Please keep this in mind when threading with her.
For further details on this, visit her profile.
I once saw the end of my life.
427 Posts
Ooc —
Gwen had seen less of Noor than the other Ganador wolves, and she dearly hoped the older woman was okay. It must be difficult when your first language was not the same as everyone elses. Despite this, she doubted Noor would have left for that reason alone. Besides, the Empress trusted her.

Gwen had made it a daily task to mark the borders. It was the best way to keep them strong, and she believed most other wolves had left this area now. She had only come across one so far, by the name of Semira. So when the stranger's scent reached her nose, curiousity led her forward. The snow-pelted wolfess jogged along the borders until she saw a figure in the distance. 

Once close enough, Gwen let out a chuff of greeting, and began to slow. Once face-to-face, the woman perked her ears. Her tail was raised slightly, though only because she did not know of this wolf's intentions. "What brings you to our borders, Senorita?"
[Image: 8rXo9x9.gif]
que the fuck
27 Posts
Ooc — Nadia
Upon seeing the pale wolfess make her approach, Cuicatl halted with the grooming of her thoroughly drenched fur and focused her eyes on the other. The rain had slowed to a drizzle, which she was ever grateful for. To come so far up North where the weather could go from snowy grounds to clear skies to pouring rain all in a matter of hours was something completely foreign to the young femme, but she was trying her hardest to make it work. She had a promise to keep, after all.

The first few words exchanged were incomprehendable, but the added Senorita added to the end made a smile form on Cuicatl's maw. It seemed that the language barrier wouldn't be as much of an issue as she had thought, at least not now. Necesito una, er, chāntli. ¿Es esta tu tierra? Now, Spanish wasn't her first language either but it was excellent in comparison to her English. Her words held the slightest of accents, marked with the Nahuatl words occasionally thrown into her speech. All Cuicatl could do is hope that the pale woman understood.
This is a limited consent character! Please keep this in mind when threading with her.
427 Posts
Ooc —
The stranger seemed to not understand English, although it she spoke in Spanish, which Gwen did know a little of. Since being at the Bypass, some of her previous knowledge of the language had returned to her, and the more she spoke the more she remembered.

Though, there was a word - chāntli - that she did not know the meaning of. However, due to the words that followed, the Empress assumed the stranger meant pack, or perhaps home. "Si, esta es mi tierra." She spoke, hoping her memory was correct. She hadn't spoken Spanish to another for a long time, and was definitely not perfect. "¿desea unirse?"
que the fuck
27 Posts
Ooc — Nadia
Si, Señora. Cuicatl lowered her eyes to her paws in front of her, bowing her head in a show of respect. Hopefully this would end in acceptance, as she desperately needed a place to go to recover from her long trek into the territory. Soy Cuicatl, she told the leader, porque me gusta cantar. She could feel the pride swelling in her chest as she spoke of her namesake; as a child, she was known for her chirping which soon grew into the well-refined skill of song. Remembering her current situation, Cuicatl relaxed herself to a more appropriate posture once more and looked back at her paws.
427 Posts
Ooc —
Gwen considered it for a moment, then nodded her head. She appreciated the show of submission, and although the Empress was not that used to it, she accepted it and gave a smile. "Bienvenido a Ganador Bypass," she welcomed, her tail giving a small wag. "Usted puede unirse." The pale woman hoped she had worded that right.

"Me llamo Gwen, mucho gusto Cuicatl!" The wolfess grinned, seeing that this stranger, Cuicatl, seemed friendly. Despite the language differences, the Empress was sure she'd fit in. Gwen could translate for them, right? "¿Desea obtener un comercio?"
que the fuck
27 Posts
Ooc — Nadia
Cuicatl's eyes lit up with joy as she heard her acceptance uttered. Thankfully, the process hadn't been as difficult as she thought it would have been, although she only had one pack's rituals to go off of and where she came from, they weren't as kind. Un cronista. She cleared her throat and began to voice a the Thank You song which she had been taught as a child in her native tongue of Nahuatl;

Tlukenahuake, Tlazoca mati
In ehecatl atl
Tonatzin, tonantiuh, nonantzin.

Es mi agradecimiento, she explained, not knowing whether or not her gratitude would be understood.

427 Posts
Ooc —
At the mention of the Chronicler trade, Gwen smiled. They did not have a wolf that was trying to earn that trade, and it would be very useful. "Excelente!" Was her happy response. Then the new recruit began to sing a song - one in a language she did not know. However, Cuicatl seemed happy as she sang so the Empress' smile grew bigger.

"Oh, erm.... Esta bien, estamos muy contentos de tener a usted." Would that be understood?
que the fuck
27 Posts
Ooc — Nadia
Wrap up? :)

A slight blush came about Cuicatl as Gwen complimented her song. It was an honor to have the compliments of one's superior, so her response was taken to heart. Gracias, Señora. There was one final dip of her head given before Cuicatl decided that it was high time for her to go and clean herself off so as to look more presentable when she met her packmates. Puedo me limpio ahora? A slight chuckle escaped with the words as she motioned to her dishevelled pelt.
427 Posts
Ooc —
I'll go ahead and archive this!

Gwen nodded and turned to face the inside of the territory. "Acércate," she motioned with her head, and began to trot further into the Bypass. If the new member wished to wash themselves, then the Empress would lead her to a dip in the land where melted snow have formed a little pond of sorts.