Hideaway Strath i've learnt long ago to hate my enemies
he's raised on the edge of the devil's backbone
630 Posts
Ooc — Phi
Master Guardian
[table width=85%][tr][td]
By all rights Arturo should have tossed Olive, Dakarai and their newborn children out to the wolves. He should have because it occurs to him that his hesitation on doing so has made him seem weak. Arturo Fearghal does not like to appear weak. The truth is he could and would toss them out tomorrow but he knows that if he does that their children might very well die. Without a pack to support them they would not survive more than a few days, a week at most and he thinks why should the children suffer for the sins of their parents? They are innocents and it is they that will bear the brunt of Ceannasach’s wrath but that is not fair. And he will not take them as his own. He is about to have his own infants who need Lotte’s milk and attention more. The pair are on their last strike, however, and he suspects they are aware. There is a chance to redeem themselves in his eyes and in truth he is not sure what is going to be the bigger hurdle for them: winning back his trust or The Family’s as they are both of equal importance in the matter.

As he thinks, Arturo’s lips pull into a terse line. He is not sure he should have brought Dakarai along. There is hostility stewing off of Chusi towards him and Dakarai is not trusted, nor Olive. Trusted or not, however, they will be coming with Teaghlaigh on the move regardless. “I do not wish to leave Ravensblood Forest either,” He speaks to Chusi (as he misinterprets her words) but his voice carries for both to hear as they move further into the territory. “but we are not war ready and I will not see the forest run red with the blood of my children because we failed.” That would be the worse kind of torture imaginable to Arturo. To watch his children be slaughtered before his eyes and it is not something that he would put past Blackfeather Woods. “The risk it too great.” He concludes firmly. His mind will not be swayed. By all rights, he should have spoken to the Family first but their time window is short and quickly diminishing. He cannot wait until it is put to a vote. They will move and they will move now.

“I want us settled in here before Lotte gives birth,” He speaks, and as he does he brushes his body against a nearby tree, rubbing his scent and leaving a small tuft of fur behind before he trots to another tree, lifts his leg and marks it. “That gives us …maybe two weeks. Our journey will be slow, we will have to stop often for the children and for Lotte and be sure we are covering our tracks.” But he expects it to be done. “We will claim what we can to ward off loners and pack wolves that find their way here.” He speaks, subtly hinting that the pair were meant to help him stake a claim. Marking the borders was going to take time that they didn’t have right at the moment but he knows once they are moved and settled there will be plenty of time to mark out his borders.
[/td][/tr][/table]
wreathed in iron and in fire
i bare my bloody teeth
and only pity makes my strike so clean
Messages In This Thread
i've learnt long ago to hate my enemies - by Arturo - March 14, 2017, 05:41 AM
RE: i've learnt long ago to hate my enemies - by Chusi - March 14, 2017, 09:24 AM
RE: i've learnt long ago to hate my enemies - by Arturo - March 15, 2017, 03:24 PM
RE: i've learnt long ago to hate my enemies - by Chusi - March 17, 2017, 05:20 PM
RE: i've learnt long ago to hate my enemies - by Arturo - March 19, 2017, 05:20 AM