Dragoncrest Cliffs Bodysnatchers
Select all. Delete.
239 Posts
Ooc — Ryan
All Welcome 
Tagging @Akantha for reference. All are welcome, but Whip is howling for his sister @Wildfire... and by extension @Thuringwethil

With permission from the matriarch, Whip departed in the morning. It was on the shores of Blackrock that he waited for the tides to turn so he could make his way back to the mainland. He did not yet trust himself to swim the gap, nor did he trust that Mother Sea wouldn't sweep him away as she had with consorts in the past. It was not long before the tide pulled out to sea. The narrow strip of sand connecting the island and mainland appeared to rise from the depths out of nothing, as if it had been conjured up by some great magician just for him.

He followed the same path the pack took for their first meeting with Drageda. Whip found the trail to be easy enough to follow on his own. However, it did take longer than he anticipated to arrive -- or perhaps it only felt that way because he made the trip alone. Either way, it didn't matter. By evening, he could smell Drageda's borders. He stopped when the scent became strong.

In their meeting, he had been mute. But without any sirens waiting to condemn or judge, Whip would be heard. He howled for the only family he had left: his sister.
what do i do after all this survival?
1,834 Posts
Ooc — Kermy
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
There isn’t much choice given when the howl makes it to their ears. Wildfire doesn’t fight the decision for her to stay and Thuringwethil to go, but she still does not move with speed. The days are easier for her to move and breathe freely and only too much exertion gives her pause in movements but she makes it to the borders a little slower than she likes. It is the southern portion of the redwood forest that she finds the unfamiliar scent. Something about it should be familiar, she notes, but she isn’t able to make the connection. And the fact he’s called for her mate does not seem to help.

Thuringwethil doesn’t say anything as she approaches the agouti male, watching him hover on the outskirts of their claim. She chuffs slightly as she closes the distance, hear squared between her shoulders and tail arched: what?
Trigedasleng · Common
all that wanting, all that aching, all that capacity for love:
it never belonged to you in the first place
Select all. Delete.
239 Posts
Ooc — Ryan
His sister did not come, instead it was the other. She stood with commanding poise, dwarfing the gangly adolescent with not only her strength and size, but her confidence as well. Whip shrank upon himself in the wake of her display of might. It had been so long since he and his family had made the trip north to visit his sister, Whip felt her mate would not recognize him -- and that he could plainly hear in her demand for an explanation.

"I, uh—" he stammed, speaking before he fully collected his thoughts. "We've met before. I'm Whip." He grimaced, knowing that she would likely remember is off-color comments the last time they met. "Is my sister around? I just -- I haven't seen any family in a long time."
what do i do after all this survival?
1,834 Posts
Ooc — Kermy
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
The male shrinks back a little upon her approach and as he begins to speak, doesn’t seem so sure of why he’s here. Her ears twitch upon her head as he explains who he is and that they’ve met before, and she recollects further past the meeting between the Nereides women and Drageda. Wildfire’s family had visited upon the borders of Sleeping Dragon a few months ago but the finer details—and probably luckily for Whip—she doesn’t remember.

“She cannot come to the borders right now,” she tells him, clearing her throat a little. Her posture doesn’t change. Even if he is Wildfire’s brother, it has been a long time since they’d been together and the few times they had been had only been a few days. And he is a long way from the Caldera, and shacked up with another. “Why are you with the Nereides?”
Trigedasleng · Common
all that wanting, all that aching, all that capacity for love:
it never belonged to you in the first place