Golden Glade die with memories, not dreams
I hear the drums echoing tonight
238 Posts
Ooc — Koffey
 Embry was confused. This didn't make much sense to him - her sudden, acute hatred and the tension that now lashed at his frame. He didn't look at Feyre, nor really at much else but the fuming female in front of him. Her position was dangerous, trembling visibly with anger. He himself could feel his own fur rising at the sight of her hostility. How had things veered so steeply? They had been going so well, too. He had only been trying to support Feyre and make a good impression. He had hoped that what he had spoken would show her that he was just opting to become as one of the pack - a team player amidst the rest of them and nothing more. To grow obsolete, if needed, and dwindle away life within a familial grounds... with Feyre.

His ears lowered as the female spoke. He did not cower, though his stance was just as respectful as it had been throughout the meeting. "You're right. I don't have a right. Never did, now that I think about it." He moved backwards at the agouti's fretful ushering, not wanting to start a brawl. Surely things could be helped, no matter how dire the situation. "This land wasn't ever mine and not once have I ever wanted it... I've just never stumbled upon a place like this, with wolves like this, that could leave me so enamored. I'm sorry if I've caused disrespect in my compliments. Even more so if, by offering myself to a life beneath you, I offended you as well. But please don't do this. I will work triple the force of any other if you would only give me time to prove myself." 

He let his gaze wander to Feyre, wondering frantically what was on her mind. He hated that he had allowed himself to go this far, to place this much trust on strangers. He should have left when he saw her, no doubt. At least that way he'd have had less to think about, less to realize how much he'd lost. So close to the pack life again, with a wolf he loved and somebody to watch his back. He would do whatever it took not to let it evade him as before.
ϟ
​I stopped an old man along the way,
hoping to find some long forgotten words or ancient melodies.
He turned to me as if to say,
"Hurry boy, it's waiting there for you".
Messages In This Thread
die with memories, not dreams - by Embry - April 09, 2017, 12:55 PM
RE: die with memories, not dreams - by Feyre - April 09, 2017, 01:09 PM
RE: die with memories, not dreams - by Jhala - April 10, 2017, 05:23 PM
RE: die with memories, not dreams - by Embry - April 10, 2017, 08:06 PM
RE: die with memories, not dreams - by Feyre - April 10, 2017, 09:10 PM
RE: die with memories, not dreams - by Jhala - April 13, 2017, 05:19 PM
RE: die with memories, not dreams - by Embry - April 13, 2017, 09:39 PM
RE: die with memories, not dreams - by Feyre - April 13, 2017, 10:12 PM
RE: die with memories, not dreams - by Jhala - April 16, 2017, 01:33 PM
RE: die with memories, not dreams - by Embry - April 16, 2017, 09:50 PM
RE: die with memories, not dreams - by Feyre - April 17, 2017, 06:18 AM