Morningside Cuesta hammer down
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
Private 
Though there was much to do and many mouths to feed, Grayday was growing more and more concerned about his tiny mate. Khoe had become increasingly large, and he'd begun to wonder just how much more her poor body could handle. He hunted daily, but sometimes it seemed as though she just couldn't fit the food in there alongside their progeny. Guilt and worry warred within him, and it'd gotten to the point where he was worried even to leave her long enough to feed himself.

Today, he left long enough to seek out his sister, and when he'd found her, he beckoned her along as he searched for @Sylvas Streiter. He had to talk to them, and he didn't want Khoe to overhear the conversation. Eventully, he found his friend's scent trail, thankfully very far from where he'd left his mate. "Syl?" he called, ambling toward the brownish shape he assumed to be his friend. "I need to ask you something..."
[Image: CYEyvJP.png?4]
What's Mine is Ours
the sun also rises
Health - 90% (90/100)
155 Posts
Ooc — mix
Sunspot wasn't sure what all this was about. Her brother was being unusally cagey, and the huntress began to wonder if something terrible might've happened. Surely he wouldn't waste time with his mouth shut in an emergency, though, would he? She no longer knew him well enough to say, but for the moment, she tried to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Thankfully, they soon found the third member of Grayday's proposed tete-a-tete. Sunspot wagged her tail in greeting, glad that she would finally hear what all this was about.
Family is not an important thing. It is everything.
223 Posts
Ooc — Ambz
Head jerked as he caught his name being called from behind and slowly the brute turned himself, tail swishing in movement as golden eyes fell upon the form of Grayday and his sister walking beside him. The brunette male offered both a smile and a polite bow of his head before allowing his gruff voice to slip from his mouth, ”Of course, you can ask me anything.” He replied, head tilting to one side with curiosity, mixed with some concern, ”Is everything alright?” Sylvas went on to ask, now peering between the two siblings silently.
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
Somehow, Sylvas's words did nothing ot assure him. He was embarrassed to be asking this, and worried that it was necessary at all. Their ranks were tight, but lacking, and he wondered if he should have denied Akuti her children after all. But they were past that, and it was time to be responsible for his actions, whether they were mistakes or not.

"I know, Sylvas. I'm just... I'm real worried about Khoe. She's gettin' so big, and she's just so little. Sometimes I think she's just gonna rip right open, and I'm terrified we'll lose her," he explained, ears lying flat against his head. "I want to be there for her, but we have so few hunters as it is... I hate to be askin' this, but do you think you two could start organizing the hunts? I know you're busy with Kieran, and you're busy takin' care of Liri, but..."

He hung his head, unable to look at the two wolves he was heaping his troubles on. "I just can't leave her alone right now. Even for this long, I worry..."
What's Mine is Ours
the sun also rises
Health - 90% (90/100)
155 Posts
Ooc — mix
Sunspot gave a soft sigh as she realized what this was about. She was busy with Liri, but most of that included hunting for her, anyway. She didn't need to be watched the same way Grayday seemed to think Khoe did. Still, it rankled the woman just a bit to think more was being heaped on her because of the upstart bitch.

"You know that I'll help you," she said simply, trying to leave her more private irritations with the subject out of her voice. She wasn't quite sure she'd succeeded.
223 Posts
Ooc — Ambz
Ears twitched as his silver friend spoke out on what was worrying him and Sylvas couldn't help but offer an understanding nod as the man continued to explain his concerns about his petite, but quickly growing mate. It was a justified reason for concern and the mercenary was aware that Khoe was of a much smaller build than most females - this was obviously due to the woman's mixed heritage and Sylvas hoped that when the time came, all would go well for the expectant couple.

Amber gaze averted to Sunspot as she replied to her brother's request and Sylvas turned to face his friend with a remeasuring smile, ”As will I.” He said with a small dip of his muzzle before adding, ”We understand your concerns, Sunspot and I will take care of the hunts and the borders whilst you remain by Khoe's side during this time.” Sylvas stated, before allowing his attention to fall to Sunspot for a moment, ”And if you need any help - food or herbs for Liri or just an extra pair of paws - just let me know how I can be of aid.” He said with a slight smile and a flick of his unkept tail. With Grayday now caring for Khoe and the responsibilities being split between himself and the man's sister, the brute figured it was only fair to offer.
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
"Thank you," he said emphatically, looking gratefully between the them. The male's relief was palpable. Having extracted promises of help from his two greatest allies, he turned his attentions and anxiety back toward his mate. "I should get back," he sighed, begging off any further conversation. He disliked how short and one-sided the conversation had been, but there was too much on his mind to accomodate for anything else. "It won't be forever - just until they're born, and probably a few days after that while she recovers. Then she can care for them without them kicking around her insides, and I can focus on hunting again."

He was already turned around, trotting back toward his mate. "Thank you!" he called over his shoulder, one last time.
Exit Grayday
What's Mine is Ours
the sun also rises
Health - 90% (90/100)
155 Posts
Ooc — mix
Poor Day, she thought to herself, feeling a bit guilty about her uncharitable thoughts as she realized just how much this was bothering her brother. But she still didn't like Khoe, and that she was causing Day so much grief only strengthed these feelings.

Pushing such thoughts away, she turned back to Sylvas, tail wagging in faux cheer.

"Thank you, Sylvas," she replied, glad that he was so willing to work with her. He was a good wolf with a good heart, and Sunspot hoped she could be as much as a help and comfort to him as he was offering to be for her. "The same goes for you. If you need... anything, just come find me," she said with a playful swish of her tail.
223 Posts
Ooc — Ambz
Sylvas didn't like to see his friend in such an anxious state, but knew that Grayday' heart was in the right place and that his worries were comprehensible. Even though he was a man, Sylvas knew that with some pregnancies, there could always be a few unexpected risks along the way – though hopefully this wouldn't be the case with Khoe.

A soft sigh escaped him as Sylvas watched Grayday hurry away from the group, though a smile formed across his maw as Gray briefly turned to thank them both again from over his shoulder before disappearing into the distance - back to his mate. It had been a quick meeting and Sylvas found himself still staring out over the horizon, ears pivoting a top his head as Sunspot's voice managed to pull him from the sudden daze, ”Thank you.” He said with another smile before adding, ”I must say, I kinda feel that I may have been too hard at the time of Liri's arrival, so if you do - please don't hesitate to ask.” Sylvas mentioned with a dip of his nose and a smile across his features as he returned the sun-kissed woman's playful gesture, offering a swish of his own tail.
the sun also rises
Health - 90% (90/100)
155 Posts
Ooc — mix
Her face fell a bit when Sylvas brought up their shared encounter with Liri. Even now, she looked back in puzzlement at her actions. All she knew was that she hadn't been herself, and that she didn't know what'd caused her to act so protectively of the pale shewolf.

"Don't worry about that, Syl," she said firmly. "I was worried, too. I care about your son, and about my little unborn nieces and nephews. Even though I defended Liri, I was worried about the consequences, as well. But my father always said that the right thing isn't always the easiest, and it sure would've been easy to send her off and be done with it."

Her smile came back, then, and she took a tiny step closer to the larger male. "And I mean what I said. Anything I can do to support this pack, I will do it. And you are part of this pack."
223 Posts
Ooc — Ambz
The brute noticed the fallen expression that came over Sunspot's face at the sudden subject of Liri and Sylvas allowed his ears the flick back against his skull, internally winching at the thought of having offended her in any way, shape or form. For that wasn't his intentions and for a second he gazed down at the floor, pondering back to the day and realizing how cold and heartless he must've seemed at the time and for that – he didn't blame Sunspot for her actions in the slightest.

A smile grew as he listened to the woman's wise speech, his torn ears slowly lifting from his head as he quietly licked at his muzzle, golden eyes watching Sunspot as her smile soon returned. The mercenrary lowered his head slightly, though his gaze lifted as she spoke again, though taking a step forward, ”Well, I gotta say you're father was great wolf and he's taught you both well. And that truly means a lot, so thank you.” He said softly, tail swaying behind him as he lifted his head to look at her properly, ”I'm glad you found us – well Grayday I mean.” Sylvas started before clearing his throat in an awkward fashion, ”You're both kind-hearted and thoughtful individuals and the world needs more of that.” Sylvas said with a nod, his tail swishing behind him as he gradually straightened his posture.
the sun also rises
Health - 90% (90/100)
155 Posts
Ooc — mix
Sunspot wagged her tail, pleased by his observation. "He was a great wolf," she replied, glad that she could continue to honor his memory through choices in her life. Protecting Liri had been the right thing to do, and something that her father would have done in a heartbeat. She was sure that she hadn't truly needed to protect her from Sylvas, but sometimes emotions got the better of her.

"You have a kind heart as well," she assured the male, eyes narrowing as she noticed his stiffening posture. Sunspot gave a little sigh, not sure the male had even realized he was being propositioned, and let the moment pass. "We're lucky to have you. Day cares a great deal for your opinion, and for the wellbeing of you and your son."