Stavanger Bay Trouvaille
3 Posts
Ooc — Squirrel
@Tytonidae so excited to be a part of this! If anything needs changed let me know.

Nilak had finally made it to the coast and, just as he had predicted, had found food enough to get him feeling like his old self again. Not wanting to leave his newly found food source Nilak simply made his way down the coast catching food as he went, there was an area where an island sat just off the coast but the ground there smelled heavily of wolf traffic. Not wanting to incur the wrath of a pack, besides still being fairly weak, Nilak quickly moved on and he was glad that he did, he had found seafood paradise! The waves would bring in more fish and shell fish with each pass, one almost had to just open their mouth to catch a meal. Nilak took some time to joyously run through the surf and playfully snap at the waves before retiring to the soft grass further inland. Finding places like this was what Nilak lived for, just being in this area where something new waited around every tree trunk was just as energizing as the salmon lunch he had.

Nilak rested his muzzle on his forepaws and wondered why he still felt.....uncomfortable, despite his newly found paradise. The area he'd gone by, the island, that smelled so heavily of other wolves kept forcing its way into his mind. The area hadn't smelled like pack borders but had still smelled like a pack and something inside Nilak tugged as his memories of pack life were dredged from the deeps of his mind. The tugging feeling in his chest, the "longing", Nilak knew wouldn't ever quite go away but he knew that there were things he could do to lessen the feeling. As there wasn't much hope in returning to where he was from he may as well make this his new home and that meant finding a pack that would take him in. Nilak breathed deeply, even just making the decision already made him feel better but there was certainly no hurry. Nilak grinned and stretched in the warm sunlight and soft grass, whining contendedly, he would relax on this stretch of coast for a few days no need to starve himself, much less by choice this time.
It's not the sky I'm asking for
I'm just having trouble finding north
416 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Ty made her way back to the coast, stopping at the plateau briefly to freshen the borders. The smell of others was starting to stick, too, and she smiled at the thought of them coming together. Starting from nothing was difficult, but she was feeling good about things. Even once they had established themselves, she had a feeling she would need to continue to recruit others. Wolves were flaky creatures, often departing due to wanderlust, wanting to start something of their own, or just plain boredom. From all her experiences, she knew that packs tended to be a revolving set of members.

She was scouting out some of the nearby areas when she spotted a single white wolf stretching in the grass. It looked rather comfortable, she thought, and so Tytonidae trotted over to him with a soft "woof" to greet him. Another wolf, another potential recruit! She approached with a neutral stance, a smile on her face, and a general happy-go-lucky look about her. "Warm day, but a nice one!" Ty sat down a few feet away, ready to dart should she need to.
3 Posts
Ooc — Squirrel
Sorry for the wait

Nilak's head raised in apprehension at the "woof" of greeting, he hadn't forgotten that there was potentially a pack nearby. The wolf approaching though did not appear to be aggresive, on the contrary she appeared to be welcoming. The wolf was approaching with a neutral stance, a smile and their was a spring in her step, she did sit down at a comfortable distance for wolves who only just met though. "It certainly is!" Nilak smiled back, this may be an opportunity for a new friendship and Nilak liked new things. "I'm not entirely adjusted to all this warmth, I come from a place much colder for most of the year, but it makes easier to relax, that's for sure!"

As excited as Nilak was to meet someone new he still wasn't sure if he was trespassing on pack grounds and couldn't be sure of this wolf's intent, as friendly as she seemed. "I'm not trespassing on your pack's lands am I?" Nilak chuffed anxiously, hoping the answer was "no" but making plans as if it were "yes".
It's not the sky I'm asking for
I'm just having trouble finding north
416 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
So far, Ty hadn't had a single negative encounter since returning to the Teekon Wilds. Everybody she'd met had been friendly (or at least not ready to eat her face off). This encounter seemed to be no different, and any tension that might have been left in her dissipated into nothing at this wolf's friendly demeanor. However, when he admitted that he didn't know whether or not he was trespassing, she gave him some serious side-eye.

"Er, do you not know whether or not you're trespassing?" she asked. That was one of those fundamental, built-in skills, wasn't it? Tytonidae always knew when land was claimed by another pack. The smell was overwhelming at times, depending on how large and active the pack was.

Before she could get a straight answer out of him, he scurried away, and she made no motion to chase him. With a shrug, Tytonidae went about her day.