Dragoncrest Cliffs I'm afraid I broke my Infinite Improbability Drive
the sun also rises
Health - 90% (90/100)
155 Posts
Ooc — mix
All Welcome 
Although the directions her brother had given her made her sure that this wasn't the pack she was looking for, it also hadn't mentioned a pack here at all. Wishing to leave no stone unturned, Sunspot had drawn near to the borders to investigate the scents there. They gave nothing away, save for the sex and approximate age of the wolves that's left their marks there. Sunspot still doubted that Grayday's Deirdre would be among these wolves, but she could never be sure until she checked.

Deciding that she'd wasted enough time already, the huntress tipped back her head and gave a tentative howl, hoping that - whoever was settled here - she wouldn't be recieved too harshly.
gubraithian fire
3,000 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Trapper
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
Hi! *recycles a post*

She had been meaning to arrange a trip back to her birthplace for weeks now, yet Eljay's arrival near the borders had effectively put those plans on hold. Before she headed there, Wildfire wanted to be able to tell them whether or not Drageda was harboring the runaway Blackthorn. But Eljay's membership was still in probationary status indefinitely, and the Feisripa was growing antsy. She wanted to head out on her journey before the pack must start preparing for the coming winter. At least she would be able to tell her godparents that she had seen their son, even if she wouldn't be able to guarantee his safety.

Before she could undertake such a long journey, she needed to touch base with @Thuringwethil. Wildfire had informed her mate of her intentions but now it was time to sort out an official timeline. After hunting down a ground squirrel among the sequoias, the trapper returned to Hougeda with her kill in tow and set it down in a cool, shadowy corner. Her chestnut eyes then roved the dim interior. If the commander wasn't here, Wildfire could at least find her scent and track her elsewhere in the territory.

The rendezvous site proved empty, so Wildfire was just stepping back outside when a howl rose up from the direction of the borders. I bet Thur will head that way, Wildfire thought. She would head there too, then, and hopefully get a chance to speak with the commander after they dealt with the caller. Said guest turned out to be a spry, middle-aged she-wolf with a mischievous look about her despite her otherwise polite appearance as she straddled Drageda's borders.

"Can I help you?" the Feisripa questioned as she approached, her demeanor and tone businesslike but friendly.
the sun also rises
Health - 90% (90/100)
155 Posts
Ooc — mix
Sunspot shrank down a little at the other woman approached, wiggling her tail in friendliness and submission. Sure as she was that this wasn't the pack she was looking for, Sunspot still didn't want to make any enemies.

"I'm looking for a woman named Deirdre," Sunspot explained. "A healer. My brother said she lived in a pack along the shore, although, it was a bit further down, the way he described it. I just didn't want to leave any stone unturned."

While she spoke, she couldn't help but admire the other wolf's vivid red pelt. Sunspot had never seen anything like it before, except on foxes and birds. "You look like a flower," she blurted, unable to keep her thoughts to herself.
gubraithian fire
3,000 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Trapper
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
The stranger lowered herself humbly and although Wildfire didn't posture in return, she dipped her smudged snout in acknowledgement. She was tempted to take a seat, though she knew she needed to stay on guard at the borders. Just because someone had a friendly face didn't mean they couldn't do harm, a lesson she had learned a while back through Goober.

She listened politely, a little surprised by the request. Usually single wolves at the borders were looking for a home, not just for information. But Wildfire took the question seriously and pondered whether that name meant anything to her. After a moment, she shook her head apologetically. It didn't ring any bells.

"I've lived here over a year and I don't think we've had a Deirdre. Sorry." Wildfire shifted her weight, wondering if she should call Thuringwethil just to triple-check that (and to get her here to the borders). Before she could contemplate it much, the woman's remark caught her by surprise.

"Oh... thank you." She paused. "A flower?" she added, a curious little twitch at the corner of her mouth. A fox, a flame... she had heard it all before. But a flower?
the sun also rises
Health - 90% (90/100)
155 Posts
Ooc — mix
Sunspot shifted uncomfortable. Not only was Deirdre not among these wolves - she'd also said something rather silly. Now she had no reason to be there, but was stuck trying to find a more graceful exit than - Yeah, a flower. Bye-bye then!

"Well- 'cause you're red," she explained, pawing at the ground. Abruptly, she attempted to switch the subject back to the reason she'd come. "Well, thank you for your time. I'd better be going, though. There's someone back home whose mind is going, and the sooner I find this healer-lady, the better."

She paused, though, realizing she'd not introduced herself, nor sought after information about this pack. "I'm Sunspot, by the by. From Morningside - over that way." She jerked her chin in the direction of the Valley. "Could I ask your name, ma'am? And what this place is called?"
gubraithian fire
3,000 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Trapper
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
The woman's body language fell a bit, an awkwardness suddenly permeating the air. Wildfire felt a little bad—she hadn't meant to make the stranger feel uncomfortable—but she was too awkward herself to think of an immediate remedy. Her mouth opened, then closed again, when the she-wolf clumsily explained her remark before turning to go with a muttered explanation.

"Wait—" the Feisripa began, not really sure why she was calling her back or what she planned to say, simply desperate to dispel the suddenly gawky atmosphere. But right as Wildfire spoke, the she-wolf turned back and provided an introduction, which went a long way to cutting down on the strange pressure that had mounted.

"Of course," she replied with a tentative smile, stiffened body relaxing in relief. "I'm Wildfire and this is Drageda. I'm sorry I can't help you, Sunspot. Although..." A thought occurred to her but before she voiced it, she considered it a moment. Would Portia want to assist someone outside the pack? Would Thuringwethil approve? What if they only did a sort of consult? "We have a very skilled Skayona—medic, I mean—here. Do you think talking to her might help...?"