Seaside Moors life is a cruel joke
2 Posts
Ooc — Java
All Welcome 
Maybe someone from Bhediyon?

It was midday and the sun was trying hard to break through an unusually thick cloud of silver; the amber of this stellar iris must have been an omen. Whether it proved to be a positive one or not, it was hard to ignore. Deep down below, upon the silver sands that flowed around the edge of the world, a speck of amber roamed freely.

Riya's strides were fox-quick, and she coasted across the sand with barely any sound. The doe she had been pursuing for the past three hours was ignorant of her presence - that or, it was confused that such a strange looking canine would be keeping close. The girl was not intending to hunt the creature today. She observed, she followed, wondering if luck would be on her side and her efforts would pay off. Maybe the doe would lead her to something greater? A herd, or a newborn? Something she could sink her teeth in to.

The heat wasn't as strong here, not like she was used to. There was humidity though. The constant need to hang her jaw and drink in air was unbecoming; Riya thought to herself, I am fire-breathing! Like the dragons that uncle would speak of, for each exhalation was like the wheeze of a bellows. Around her the world swayed, cooking beneath the clouded sun.

Eventually her path - and that of the doe - crossed away from the sands and further towards the interior. The sand tapered away into scrubland, tall grass, and the buzzing of insects. The doe, who had thus far been wearily trailing upon the salt flats with the occasional dip of her head and lick of the soil for whatever reason, seemed to have concluded her business, and was returning to her herd. This was what the trained hunter believed, and so Riya followed.

They moved together, with Riya lagging behind but otherwise not trying to sneak around, and the doe showing itself to be sun-weathered. Its path led beneath some equally tired looking trees and then, as soon as it touched upon the cool shadows, the doe bolted quite suddenly. Riya was not prepared - she should have been. She should have known better. 

But the creature was ditching her quickly - and while Riya sped after it over the uneven terrain, she just could not match the animal. Before long the golden girl was alone, breathing hard, her heart pounding in her chest - but the sea whispered its own refreshing breath through the hills, and Riya felt herself relax in to it. This effort she had made to track the doe had been in vain - but she would recover. It had only been a few hours, and really... She had only been trying to pass the time.
416 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
I can't match that length but HERE YA GO.

Tytonidae went along, business as usual. She stopped by the plateau briefly to check on it, but nothing had changed since the last time she had been there. She worried about Eljay, but all she could do was hope that he would regain his strength soon. Ty pushed thoughts of him aside for now, knowing that she had to keep looking for other wolves to recruit. Without them, the pack was nothing but an idea in her head. Without enough of them, they would never be able to hold the plateau.

In the distance, she spotted a rather odd looking creature, though with the wind carrying the scent to her, it did seem to be a wolf. At least somewhat. Certainly unlike any wolf Ty had ever seen. But perhaps that was just the kind of rag-tag group she was putting together. Spirits brightened, Ty jogged toward the new face with optimism in every step. "Hullo!" she called out once she was near enough to be heard, "You look like you had quite the run." The other lady was panting heavily, so that was the only thing Ty could think of. Then again, this heat and humidity wasn't exactly helping things.
2 Posts
Ooc — Java
That's ok! I kinda rambled anyhow :P

You look like you had quite the run, said the dark wolf upon her approach. Riya couldn't help but liken the stranger to a panther - granted the only thing close to a panther she'd ever witnessed was actually a cougar - but the dark girl came upon her quite suddenly, and with confidence. Riya couldn't hear her approach (nor her initial greeting, come to think of it) beyond her racing heart.

The girl ascertained quickly that this wolf meant no harm; or that's what her expression stated, and her posture. She would give them the benefit of the doubt. I had been chasing a doe, she explained between pants, but I.. I lack knowledge of the terrain. It found a path and escaped. It did not bother her that she had failed, and the girl indicated this with the level tone of her voice and a small shrug to her shoulders.

She was more interested in why this shadow of a girl was visiting with her - she did not seem like an aggressor, just a passerby.

And you? Did I disturb you in the process? Maybe they'd gone stomping through a hidden place where wolves had been sleeping? If so, Riya would be in danger from more than just this singular creature.
416 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Ty listened with interest. Chasing a doe? Alone? Ty made a cursory visual sweep of the area, but she didn't see any other wolves. It seemed to be just the two of them here, at least for now. To the question, Ty shook her head. "Not at all," she replied, "I'm not disturbed by much." She said this with an impish smile. There were, of course, things she could be disturbed by, but the mere presence of another wolf on neutral ground was not one of them.

"Are you... I mean... why do you look the way you do?" Ty asked, unable to push that question to the back of her mind any longer. There was probably a more tactful way to ask why this wolf didn't much look like a wolf, but Tytonidae wasn't sure how to go about it, so this would have to do. She wondered how the other would survive in the winter with so little hair to keep her warm.

Apparently that was not the right thing to say, because the wolfish creature got a very offended look and trotted off, never to be seen again. Ty shrugged, wondering why anybody could be so touchy about a question they'd surely been asked before. Or perhaps she'd read the interaction all wrong. In either case, it was no use in mulling it over.