Dragoncrest Cliffs -- take me to where the tides are churning
moontouched
22 Posts
Ooc —
Away

Although Corva cannot see the subtler signs of the woman's irritation she can feel it, and she realizes at once just how many mistakes she has made.

*** ONE — She feels like a stray that has been scooped up and taken in by someone whose parents strictly forbid an animal in the house; a helpless dog who is without question unwanted and unwelcome.  If she had any less self-control her lips would have curled up in disgust for allowing herself to be seduced into this situation.

She does not hesitate, bowing deep at the woman who has approached them, the one who is waiting for a response and whose temper was rising with every second that didn't recieve one.  Greetings, she begins, formal yet seemingly unafraid and unconcerned.

This is a sham.  Her blood has cooled.

*** TWO — Although Cecil had persuaded her to stay with him there was no doubt in her mind that if she were chased from these borders it would be just as easy for him to spurn her and a sickness boils up from deep within her gut, chewing the bottom of her throat.

Twin moons linger on Eske, but she cannot make out the girl's seaglass eyes from the expanse of her pelt; she is so lost in the daylight.  It would seem as if Corva were staring through the Fleimkepa instead of at her, and she was not quite sure what kind of response that would garner.  

She wasn't sure she wanted to know.

Corva had done this dance a few times.  Though she never stuck anywhere long (for more than one reason) she understood the subtleties between herself and the other wolves.  She follows up with an introduction, giving Cecil no time to respond because he does not deserve to speak for her.

I seek to join your ranks, she begins, and I have an array of talents that I can contribute to your pack if you would find them useful.  I am familiar with toxicology and astrology on their most basic levels and have traveled alone the majority of my life — there will be no need for hand-holding here.  It is flat but not disrespectful; if you want me you want me and if you don't you don't but we should hurry up and get on with it either way.

*** THREE — It comes to her attention that she knew precious little about this Drageda.  Her tongue smooths over her lips; she just might be over her head.

and i'll be at the back of your mind
waiting for you

Messages In This Thread
-- take me to where the tides are churning - by Corva - August 20, 2017, 10:57 PM
RE: -- take me to where the tides are churning - by Cecil - August 20, 2017, 11:41 PM
RE: -- take me to where the tides are churning - by Corva - August 21, 2017, 10:17 PM
RE: -- take me to where the tides are churning - by Cecil - August 23, 2017, 07:46 PM
RE: -- take me to where the tides are churning - by Corva - August 28, 2017, 05:14 PM
RE: -- take me to where the tides are churning - by Cecil - September 03, 2017, 12:53 PM