Morningside Cuesta What if
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Joining 
Sunny is here to visit like he promised. Grayday Dawn. sorry for the crap post. Backdated before the move
Sunny finally had picked up the scents that lead him to Morningside's borders. He drew in all the semi familiar scents of those he had almost called pack members, the most familiar scent being his father's, Kieran Adrien's, and Dawn's. He sat behind the border line and howled for his father, his voice deep and steady as he looked eagerly for them to arrive.
Birdcatcher: 4/10

The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
Yay! PPing the kids in this. @Dauntless can join in, if he wants! We'll say this takes place two days before the Big Move.
Grayday was playing with the kids when a familiar voice reached his ears. "Sunny!" he crowed, leaping to his paws and - subsequently - spilling Easy onto the ground. She glared grumpily at the Big Grey Mountain she'd been trying to climb, but he was already heading off, tail wagging happily behind him. Easy exchanged a curious look with Lavender before tearing off after her father, siblings in tow.

Day, of course, reached his son before the younger three. "Sunny," he greeted, half-tackling the boy and gnawing happily on an ear. "Come meet the kids!" It was not necessary to travel far; the kids caught up almost as soon as Day turned back to them. "This is Easy, Lavender, and Dauntless. Kids, this is your big brother, Sunny!"
[Image: CYEyvJP.png?4]
What's Mine is Ours
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
It didn't take long at all for the lumbering shape of his father to appear racing toward him, and Sunny stumbled backwards as his old man playfully jumped into him and tugged at his ear. Sunny chuckled and growled in both an affectionate and playful way, nipping at his father's neck gently before he realized there were three smaller shapes running behind him. Sunny's eyes widened and he grinned, crouching low as they were introduced. "Hi guys! Sorry we haven't met before" he turned a quick look toward Grayday his eyes swimming with happiness and affection. The first meeting and Sunny knew he wanted to be there as much as he could for his half siblings.

178 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Dauntless watched his father run off, his little tail wagging in the afterglow of the fun game they had all been playing. He could tell at once that this new wolf was a very special one, for the joy was nearly radiating off his father like warm steam. Yipping along with his siblings, Dauntless raced to catch up. He always seemed to be last and was constantly stumbling over his chubby puppy haunches, but that did not stop him from excitedly greeting the young male wolf. He touched his nose affectionately to Sunny's and looked at him with adoring brown eyes. This was his big brother? Dauntless felt a flood of pride in his young body. He liked Sunny immediately. "Hello," he said bashfully, trying not to let his sisters push him out of the way so they could get all of the attention.
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
Lavender was hiding underneath her father, while Easy bounded up alongside Dauntless in order to gawk between the two adults. "You look like Daddy!" she accused, apparently bothered by the notion. Still, she seemed intrigued by the older wolf, and sniffed curiously in his direction.

"C'mon, let's head back to the meadow," he suggested, nudging Easy and Dauntless along. Lavender stayed right under his belly, seeming unwilling to greet the stranger just yet. "Unless - you don't need to go right away, do you?" he asked, looking anxiously toward his eldest son.
What's Mine is Ours
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Sunny looked down at young Dauntless and his tail wagged harder. They were all so amazing,and active,and cute! Was he like this when he was little? When his little brother touched noses with him,Sunny gave him a quick lick to the forehead. This one was going to be a friendly sort, he could see that immediately. Easy seemed to be more forward, Sunny could see some of Dawn in her already and his heart both squeezed and swelled at once. "I guess I'm lucky to look just like such a strong, handsome wolf then huh?" he responded to her comment about being a Grayday clone. His tone was playfully teasing and he stood up to follow after his dad when the meadow was suggested.

"I told Valette I would be gone for a few days, We got a couple new members recently so the food stock should be kept up to date enough for me to be safe staying away for a bit" he said with a grin. He was excited to see the others, to see how much Morningside had grown and who had stayed that he knew there.

178 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Dauntless barked excitedly as they all started heading toward the meadow. He gave Lavender a puzzled look, not sure why she was acting so shy. Did she not realize how much fun this new wolf was? Oh well! Dauntless, for one, was positively glowing from the attention he had just gotten from Sunny. He bounded along happily, trying not to stumble over himself too much as he raced between Grayday and Sunny, jumping up and nipping playfully at their shoulders each time. He wondered what they were going to do at the meadow. He hoped it was fun!
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
Grayday felt a surge of joy at Sunny's announcement. He'd have his son back for a few days! It was the best news he'd had since hearing all three of the pups were strong and healthy. Grayday could hardly contain himself, and as soon as they reached twin-tree meadow, he turned and attempted to tackle his beloved son. "I missed you!" he growled into the other's face, his tail whipping so hard his whole body seemed to sway with the motion. With Dawn in-and-out all the time, it was hard not to feel the emptiness left behind by his first litter's absence. Having Sunny back - even if it was only for a while - was like a breath of fresh air.

Easy was quick to join in on the attack, and even Lavender approached with a dubious expression on her tiny, painted face.
What's Mine is Ours
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Sunny followed his father with a smile on his face, hopping to the side occasionally as Dauntless nipped at his shoulder making him laugh. He bumped the boy playfully with his nose and gave a soft growl, his tail wagging above his back as he showed he enjoyed the playfulness. Once they arrived at the meadow he looked around completely not expecting the tackle from his father. He rolled onto his back and gently pawed at his dad's face laughing loudly, his tail thumping between his legs "I missed you too Old man" he teasingly responded and then wriggled as the other two pups joined in. Easy was quick to move in on him, while Lavender was more slow in his approach. He lifted his head and gently nipped at Easy's side careful with his teeth.

Turning his bright gaze toward Lavener he smiled in a friendly way "C'mere sis. I won't hurt you I promise" he said gently.

178 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Dauntless watched the older males rough house from the sidelines, barking in his high pitched yip as he ran excitedly back and forth. Even after Lavender and Easy joined in, he continued to hang back and bark. Being a wolf of small confidence, he wasn't sure how to insert himself into this situation. He looked to Grayday for guidance, and as soon as his father locked eyes with him, he felt a surge of comfort that propelled him forward toward the group of playing canines. He pawed playfully at Easy then jumped at Sunny with all the inhibition of a typical pup of his age. He landed on his half-brother in a sort of belly flop, licking all the while in an excited and submissive way.
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
Feel free to PP Easy and Lav. They're being playful, now.
Soon enough, all three kids were leaping around, each one vying for a slice of their older brother's attention. Grayday had to stop and laugh at the spectacle, lying on his side and watching with helpless adoration as two pieces of his family finally came together - and it was good.

Words bubbled up in his throat. Come back home. Stay. But he wouldn't say them; wouldn't force Sunny to choose again. He was afraid he'd always come in second place.

"I hope you'll visit more often, now," he said instead, tail beating the ground at the idea.
What's Mine is Ours
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
It seemed that his soft reassurance was enough for the shy Lavender to run forward and join in the fun, and Sunny made a small oof as the she pup barrelled into his side. She was barely big enough to actually make any pain but he felt like he should pretend to give her confidence. He gently bopped her on the head with his paw as he remained on his back, his eyes wandering from pup to pup until they found Dauntless who was a few feet away and barking with excitement. He grinned and laughed his tail thumping against the ground between his hind legs and he made a low whuffing sound,inviting the boy to come forward. 

The belly flop from his brother was unexpected but he snorted and then cracked up, his tongue lolling from his mouth as he laughed loudly and without inhibitions. It felt amazing to play like a pup again, to have a break from the hunting and working he constantly did in Easthollow to train himself and keep his mind off of things that made him sad. Things like how he missed his father and his sister even more than he had expected to, and things like how he occasionally considered telling Valette he had made a mistake. Shaking his head and snapping out of his thoughts he picked up on what his father said and turned to look at him, offering a wide grin that he hoped hid the moment of sadness "Of course I will pa. There isn't a reason for me to stay away anymore" he said softly.

178 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Dauntless was enjoying this immensely. Aside from his parents, he had not really played with any other adult wolves and he found Sunny to be delightful. It wasn't long before Lavender pushed him off of Sunny and he went tumbling into the grass with a yip of pleasure. Turning back, he chewed on Sunny's soft ears for a bit then looked toward Easy when she perked up in sudden interest at something across the field. She barked once and then took off as fast as she could across the field with Lavender in hot pursuit. Not giving it a second thought, Dauntless ran off after them, only stumbling over himself occasionally. They headed toward a group of bushes in the center of the meadow not too far off, giving the two adult males time to talk seriously if they needed to.
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
Grayday glanced suspiciously after the fluffy, retreating bottoms of his youngest children, but in the end, decided to allow them to go free. They' come back to the center of the territory, and close enough that Grayday wasn't too worried about them being carried off without his knowledge. His attention soon turned back to Sunny.

"Dawn's out right now," he mentioned, knowing that Sunny would probably want to see his sister, even if they weren't on the best of terms. "Seems like she always is, these days," the father sighed, lying back and leaning his head against Sunny's shoulder. It was good to be close to him again; Day had missed contact with his son, who smelled so foreign and wrong, yet still entirely like his son. He wish ardently for that distance to be permenantely closed, but what was he supposed to do? Beg? Was that something he could do? Would it be fair to his adult son?

"I know you're happy where you are, in Easthollow," said Grayday, hesitating for a moment. "I just want you to know that you're always welcome. I'll always want you to visit - or stay. As long as you want."
What's Mine is Ours
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Sunny gave a low growl of affection and amusement as Dauntless chewed on his ears, his developing puppy teeth somewhat painful but tolerable to the patient Sunny. He felt the smaller body of the boy tense and then watched as Easy blasted off across the field, the other two pups quickly tumbling away after her leaving Sunny and Grayday alone for a while. The first words from his father brought Disappointment mixed with relief to Sunny. He of course wanted to see Dawn, he missed her just as much as he missed Dad but He also was tired of how every meeting between them had gone since he left. "Quite an explorer huh?" he asked giving his dad a smile filled with mixed emotions before he pressed his cheek against his dad's head.

A long sigh left his nose and he closed his eyes, drawing in his dad's scent while completely unaware that the older man was doing the same thing. His dad smelled the same, and it comforted him greatly to know that in Sunny's absence his dad was still the same person. His ears flicked and he opened his eyes as his father continued to speak, the words making his eyes moisten. The sudden desire to come clean to his dad about how he felt was strong, and he knew if he didn't do it now he never would. Maybe telling his dad how much he missed them all would bring comfort to him. "I want to come back as much as I want to stay in Easthollow. I miss you guys and I hate that what I did caused such a big tear in how we used to be" he began his voice shaking with anxiety.

"I want to be a mornginsider, but I gave Valette my word and loyalty now. We have Cebra and Mawk with three children, and Valette has her own now too. I don't feel right leaving them Dad, not with two litters of children that need feeding plus all the adults." he stated firmly though by the way his sides shook when he inhaled it was clear how confusing and painful these conflicting desires were.

"I had thought that Easthollow was my home because I was born there, and the wolves there were who helped raise me. Now though....now I know that home is where you have people you love. Home is where there's family, and where you can really be happy" he said and fell silent waiting to see how his father would respond to hearing just how much Sunny wanted to come back.

The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
Grayday wagged his tail and nuzzled Sunny placatingly. "I'm not asking you to come back, Sunny. I just want to you know that there'll always be a place for you wherever I happen to be," he assured, not wanting the boy to feel like he had to turn his father down. Part of him was proud of Sunny for wanting to stick to his word, but the father was more concerned with what it might mean for his boy down the road, when he had to start making desicions about where he wanted his life to go, and whether or not he wanted children of his own. All this, though, he would have to learn in his own time.

There was something, however, that Grayday felt he needed to impart on his son.

"Sunny - do you know where babies come from?" he asked, terribly conscious that Sunny was fast approaching virility.
What's Mine is Ours
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Sunny nuzzles his father back, pressing his nose into the crook between his shoulder and neck gratefully. He was relieved that he wouldn't have to make a choice, because at this point in time he wasn't sure what it would be and he was afraid to hurt his dad all over again. "Thank you Pa" he murmured with a slow wag of his tail.

The next question took him by surprise, and his nose wrinkled with confusion. He thought about for a few silent moments "I know it has something to do with women,because Valette was big and round and then suddenly she had babies by her belly and she wasn't so round anymore." he said proudly, though he wasn't quite sure that was correct. In all honesty it was super duper confusing to him. What did Valette's belly have to do with the pups? Did she eat something that makes them grow in there? That was really weird. It was apparent he got lost in thought as his eyes took on a distant look and he stared into space.

The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
Grayday nodded in agreement; it had much to do with women, but almost as much to do with men. "It's something a man and woman do together," he clarified, building off of what Sunny had already posited. "When two wolves want to whelp, the male will mount the female - your penis will go into her..." Grayday paused, realizing he'd either forgotten, or had never known the word for female genetalia. "Well - not you, I mean. Not yet, anyway," he said with a chuckle. "You should wait until you're in a more secure position to start a family. That's why I'm telling you this," he said, growing more serious.

"When a woman's body is ready to receive a man's seed, and grow puppies inside it, her scent starts to change. And it smells very good, and it makes you want to have puppies with her. But you need to resist, and wait until you're ready," he explained.
What's Mine is Ours
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Sunny's face grew more confused as he continued though when his father mentioned his privates, he flicked his ears back giving a flustered shuffle of his paws. He tilted his head to the side and stared at his father as the older man continued on to explain that Sunny couldn't do it yet, not until he was old enough to start his own family in a secure place. Sunny thought Easthollow was secure enough, but he also vaguely recalled there being a rule about Valette being the only one to be allowed to have pups. That meant if he wanted to ever have a family, he would have to leave Easthollow to do so.

He never thought about having his own children, not once had it ever occured to him that he would be able to become a father to babies like Grayday was to him. He found that he liked the idea but it also scared him slightly. "Dad....Does it hurt them when you....stick it in? Also do you give your seed to her mouth? Is that how Valette had babies in her belly? Did she swallow it?" he asked with one hundred percent honest curiosity. Then something occured to him. He had absolutely no idea what seed was, or how to grow it. "Where do I get the seed? How do I grow it?" he asked wanting all the details so he could be prepared for it when and if the day came he wanted to start a family.

oh good lord, poor Grayday. I just had to draw out the torture a bit lmao

The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
Grayday blinked at his son, realizing that he explanation had left quite a bit to be desired, even though he'd spent some time thinking about what he ought to say. He'd have to up his game for when Dauntless's time came, but for the time being, he'd answer Sunny's questions as they came and do his best to give all the information he had.

"It can hurt them, if you're not careful," Grayday said gravely. "You have to go very slowly at first, so that their body has time to adjust - but their bodies are made to accomodate a man. The same entrance that takes your manhood is the exit that brings newborn pups into the world."

He held back a chuckle as he went on to the next question, having never heard of that interpretation of pregnancy. His mother had explained it to him over a fresh kill, and had showed him the swollen womb of the elk the pack had taken down. "Pups don't grow in the stomach, but in the womb," he explained, "And there is only one entrance and exit to the womb. It's just below the anus. Only woman have it - I'm sure you've seen it before," he prompted, hoping they wouldn't have to track down a lady to get an anatomy lesson. "Where they pee out of," he added. "As for the seed - it's something already in you, and it comes out of the same place youre urine comes out of - but only during mating."

Grayday did not know that it was possible to ejaculate outside of a shewolf.

"When you've entered your mate, you'll get the urge to thrust your hips - it should all come very naturally," he said reassuringly, "and after a time of doing this, a very good feeling will creep up on you, and when that feeling ends, you will know that you've given her your seed. Oh!" He remembered something very important - something that could be disasterous, if not properly explained. "You'll be stuck together for a while, after you've mated. An hour or so. Maybe less," he revealed. "Just keep as still as you can, and try to accomodate your mate. They get very floppy after the fact."

He tried to think of anything he might've missed, but that seemed to be everything.
What's Mine is Ours
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Sunny's eyes filled with concern as Grayday said that it could hurt the women, and he hoped that whenever this happened to him he wouldn't cause the other pain. He tried to store all the information in his mind as it came to him, but he knew he would probably forget and have to make due with improvisation. He made the connection of which body parts Grayday was talking about and wriggled his nose, finding the idea strange. His manhood would have to go inside of a woman's privates? Where they both peed  from? And pups came from that same hole? Women had to deal with a lot of intrusion down there, he found himself pitying them. He continued to listen his eyes focused on his dad,giving the older male one hundred percent of his attention.

Once his dad was done explaining Sunny decided to repeat it back, as he had understood it. "So...A woman begins to smell really nice to a man, and he approaches her and mounts her, sticking his manhood inside the place where she pees. He thrusts back and forth and then starts feeling really good, and then they're done but stuck together for a while and I have to careful because they get all floppy. Then pups start to grow in the womb, and they come out of her privates?" he said looking to his dad to make sure he got it all. He was startled by the fact that a whole litter of pups could squeeze out through that small area on a woman's body. That was what Amber had went through, and Akuti too? He really did feel bad women, why would they want to go through something like that?

The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
Grayday laughed over Sunny's simplified explanation, though it seemed accurate enough. Aside from a few of the finer details, at least. "Well, there's generally some talk beforehand. Ideally, the two should have already agreed that they're ready to start a family with each other," he explained. "It gets hard to think, in the moment. When a woman goes into heat - when her body is ready to grow pups - her scent makes it difficult for a man to think about things like that. But you need to master yourself, and rise above those instincts in order to be sure you're doing the right thing."

He smiled at his son. "But those instincts aren't bad. It's okay to want to mate and have children, even if you're not ready. They also help you in the moment - things make a lot more sense when you're doing them, y'know?" He looked at Sunny, wondering what life would hold for him, and whether there were any grandchildren in the future to look forward to. He hoped there would be, one day. "I know you'll do well, Sunny. I'm not worried about you doing the wrong thing. But, if you do, I want you to know that you'll always have a place with me. If you ever find yourself in trouble, you can come to me, and I'll do my best to help you with it. Even if it means taking in a few extra mouths."
What's Mine is Ours
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Sunny found the whole thing revolving around a woman's scent to be confusing, and the whole rise above the instincts even though they aren't bad thing to be even more so, so he simply nodded his head in silent acknowledgement of his father's words. He offered the man a warm smile and stood up stepping forward once more to press his nose into the crook of his dad's neck. "I'm glad it was Amber who left us, and not you dad. You make a great parent and I couldn't have asked for a better dad" he said softly before stepping away and wagging his tail.

One more question crossed his mind "Hey dad..." he began hesitantly, trying to figure out how to ask the question. "How do ya know if you....like someone. Like....if you think they're the one to start a family with?" he asked curiously. He wanted to know how you knew if you had a crush on someone, but that phrasing was too childish.

The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
Grayday observed his son with sad eyes. "I wish it could've been neither of us," he said, appreciating the compliment but not quite sure what to do with it. He licked his son's cheek instead of commenting further, and stood to follow Dauntless and the girls in the direction they'd run off. His ears swivelled back toward Sunny as the boy spoke, and he glanced over his shoulder with a hint of surprise on his face.

"Has someone caught your eye?" he asked curiously, head cocking to the side. A second later, he went on to answer, realizing that this was important information whether or not he currently had his mind on a girl. "I'm not the best one to ask about that," he said with a wry smile. "Considering my past and all. But my mother always used to say that good mates are two wolves who have become very good at forgiving each other. So I imagine you'd want to choose a girl that won't hold things over your head - and someone you won't be holdin' things over, either," he added, his mind straying to Khoe, and how little these words seemed to apply to her, and to their relationship.

"You need to get to know her, first," he said softly. "You need to make sure you both want the same things. She needs to be happy to be around you, and you need to be happy to be around her. It has to be a girl you'd do anything for - a girl worth givin' up anything for..."

He trailed off, realizing he was no longer speaking to his son. With a heavy sigh, he refocused on his son, feeling strangely empty inside. "I think that's a question to ask Val when you get back to Easthollow," he finally decided. "I don't - I couldn't tell ya, Sunny. I really couldn't."
What's Mine is Ours
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
His father asked a question in response to Sunny's question, and Sunny was going to respond when his dad went off into a speech about how you know. It all made a bit of sense to Sunny, he got the jist of it but it also left him feeling more confused. He knew who he thought he liked and it was the girl he had kinda grew up with, keoni. Her fur was so beautiful and her eyes were stunning, and even now that she couldn't speak there was something about her that drew him in...

He realized he had spaced out when he heard Grayday say that he should really ask Valette and he shook his head immediately, eyes wide with a flicker of fear. "I...Don't think thats a good idea Dad. You see....I think I like Keoni, and Keoni is Aunty Valette's daughter. Maybe I'll ask Krypton" he explained awkwardly.