Hideaway Strath too soon
you ain't seen nothing like me yet
391 Posts
Ooc — Sonia
Botanist

Hemlock wanted to provide him the answers he needed, to be the rock through that storm. Without her attention acutely on Lotte she can feel the swarming of her children, no doubt protesting her emotions. She winced at a particularly strong kick, her eyes turning up to Arturo's face as he spoke her name. They agreed, as they usually did, but at what cost? Could she be as strong as Lotte had been, to trek across the canvas of the world while so gravid? "I worry,"  Hemlock admitted, "-if I whelp while we travel, what... Where shall we go?" She tried to stop her voice from trembling, to seem stronger. 

Maybe if she faked it, she might eventually be able to believe it too. "I want away from the trees." Hemlock hissed suddenly, angry irrationally. Ravensblood had Palisader and the Strath had Lotte and she would give no one else her loved ones. "I do not know where to go, but I will not let another forest take you from me." For a moment, selfish and heady, she did not stop to consider the children who were gone. Chusi and Sirius had made their choices, it seemed, and they were not there now.... She did not want to wait either. She could make it, Lotte had done so, she could do as her beloved had. 

Which brought her back to the reality of the moment. She turned her gaze to Lotte again and shuddered, like her heart was ripped from her chest freshly. "We will dig, and when we bury her, I will give her a garden to watch her. The plants I took my name from are deadly. They will guard her." Hemlock would not allow anything else to befall Lotte. If Hemlock could not stay and protect her, she would do all she could to ensure that she was still cared for. 

available for naturalist and medical threads just tag her!
i grew a human and unfortunately as a horrible side effect lost an organ - as such will be slow from time to time.

[Image: naturalist_master.gif] 12/20
Messages In This Thread
too soon - by Lotte - September 07, 2017, 07:24 PM
RE: too soon - by Hemlock - September 07, 2017, 07:41 PM
RE: too soon - by Arturo - September 07, 2017, 07:43 PM
RE: too soon - by Lotte - September 07, 2017, 08:38 PM
RE: too soon - by Hemlock - September 07, 2017, 10:34 PM
RE: too soon - by Arturo - September 08, 2017, 04:24 PM
RE: too soon - by Hemlock - September 08, 2017, 05:38 PM
RE: too soon - by Arturo - September 09, 2017, 06:00 AM
RE: too soon - by Hemlock - September 09, 2017, 01:30 PM
RE: too soon - by Arturo - September 09, 2017, 05:42 PM