Firestone Hot Springs Spa Day?
631 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Medic
Private 
Dated during Howl's recruitment expodition... Yes I am also Howl. lol

There was a cool breeze that day and even with Pema's coat she could feel how the tempurature changed. Winter was by no means around the corner, but the absence of the summer heat was noticable to her and so she though she might try and warm up today. At first she thought she could find a good basking spot where she could bathe her fur in the sun. But with the exposure to the wind it seems almost like a lost cause. But as she walked an unfamiliar scent came to her nostriles. It wasn't necessarily a bad smell, just one that was strange to her, seeing as how she had never smelt it before.

As she walked towards the smell she noticed another change. The tempurature of the air was getting warmer and Pema couldn't tell why until the hot springs came into view. Where her old pack had lived she had never seen hot springs before and was genuinly curious as to what they were. Steam rose off the water in an intreging sort of way. Multiple pools of steaming water spread out amongst one another. At first she simply walked between all of them, on the grass patched between them. Even the earth under her paws seemed warmer. She walked up to one of the pools and examined the steam comming off it.
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
Howl was still on his search for more recruits for the pack. He was beginning to think that his efforts were going to be lost and that he might come back empty handed. But he didn't want to give up just yet. He thought it would be easy to find lone wolves, but it didn't seem like there were that many and the ones that were were already contemplating going to a different pack, or didn't want to become part of a pack at all. None the less he was beginnign his journey pack to the territory, but he wanted to spend some time in each of the areas leading up to it to see if anything new would turn up.

He was surprised to come across a group of hot spring pools. He had seen them before but only one other time and only passing by. It seemed to interesting how something within the earth could heat the water and ground on the surface so much so that it was visably evident from the steam rolling out of the pools. Another interesting find was a female wolf right at the edge of one of the pools seeming to be pondering weather or not she should enter. "Thinking of taking a dip?" he asked wanting to spark conversation.
Howl is always open to some interesting plots.
Just PM me and we and plot and thread!
631 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Medic
At the sound of another wolfs voice Pema's attention turned from the pool to a large chocolate colored male asking her about if she would get into the water. For a moment she thought about how strange it would be to enter water that looked so hot. It wasn't cold and she though she might get too hot if she entered. For all she knew that water might be so hot she could burn herself. "Is that safe?" she asked. 

She was willing to learn things on her own from experience but if she though those experiences might be painful, was it really that bad to ask someone first. It might have seemed like a silly question to who ever she asked, but in her mind there was no shame in asking. Better ask and seem a bit silly rather then just doing it and looking like a complete fool when things didn't work out. "It's not going to burn my fur off will it?"
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
Howl chuckled slightly at the females question, not because she asked it but because he imagined a wolf enter one of the springs and comming out with all their fur below the neck being gone because of it. "No it won't do that. It more warm then hot, though the name 'hot spring' may cause you to think otherwise. No harm in stepping in other then maybe getting a bit over heated with the current time of year." In the winter these springs would become an oasis for any wolf seeking to escape the freezing touch of snow, but for now there was little benefit to the springs except maybe the experience for those who had never seen them before. This female being one of the Howl assumed. 

"My name is Howl by the way." he mentioned wanted to further this conversation to see what else this female had instore.
631 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Medic
A hot spring. Interesting she thought to herself. She took his words into consideration what she continued to contemplate weather or not to 'take a dip' as he had mentioned. After a few more moments of thinking it over she thought that she would at least stick her paws in to see what it was like. She climbed into the spring just enough so that her paws and some of her ankles were submerged in the steamy water. She could immediatly understand what the male was saying about getting overheated this time of the year. "Ya, I think your right. Though it would be a cool place to come back to in the colder months of the year."

When Howl introduced himself Pema was still thinking about the pool and had to snap out of it before saying "Oh ya. I'm sorry. My name is Pema. I'm new to the area." she said sorry to have forgotten common curtecy over alittle warmed water.
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
She took a few steps into the pool and Howl could visably see how the tempurature effected her by her facial expression. The wind din't bother him too much so he was content in just sitting on the side lines as she experienced it for the first time. She seemed to be a 'good wolf' which was what Grayday said he had been looking for. She may have been inexperienced, but it didn't like she was afraid of trying new things. She said she was new to the area and howl wondered where from as he had entered the Teekon Wilds only a few years prior. "New huh. From what direction?" he though he would further their pleasantries and work his way up to seeing if she would be a good candidate for the pack. So far so good.
631 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Medic
The heat was getting too intense. It definatly wasn't late enough into fall or early winter for her to be resting in these pools. She stepped out of the pools and shook of the little bit of water that clung to her paws and ankles. She joined the male and sat on the ground infront of him. Where had she come from, "The East. A place known as Minnesota. It's usually alittle colder then it is here this time of year. What about you how long have you been in here." she asked continuing the conversation with no other clear motive other then the conversation itself.
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
Her responce brought a smile to his face and a wag to his tail. He was also from Minnesota. He knew exactly what she was taking about. Their winters were nutoriously cold. There weren't too many area that had hot springs and he now further understood why she wouldn't have seen them until now. "I'm also from Minnesota, though I've been here for almost a year now." he assumed with her being so new to the area that she wouldn't have gotten swooped up by another pack in that time, but who knows after all he had found her other could have as well. "How are you settling into the area?" he asked and waited to hear anything that would give him a hint as to wheather or not she was already in another pack.
631 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Medic
Pema though it somewhat funny that they had come from the same place. As though the two should have meet before but hadn't. Which was a silly thought if one were to analyze it. It wasn't as if Minnesota was a small state, so small that only a few packs of wolves resided in it. It was completely possible for them to have missed eachother, but none the less that's where her mind went. He asked how she was settling in, "Not very much actually. I've mostly just been following water sources hoping to find others along the way. Though I haven't meet to many." she had found that one female, but not very many others. Howl was one of the first people to actually sit and have a conversation with her.
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
It seemed as though Howl had been the first wolf to come across her with a possible pack purposal. Another check off his recruitment list, being without a pack in the first place. She already seem like a good wolf to him, so that was another check. Just another few and she would get a star. He needed to make sure that she wanted to even join the pack and could contribute, though she didn't seem incapable. When she mentioned following water, Howl was reminded about the abundance of water sources within Minnesota and how hard it would have been to travel without one being near by. It seemed as though she had become so accustom to it that it was now her go to, seeing as she didn't have a definate destination. "Well there's a pack near by that I know is lookign for some recruits maybe you can join them." he suggested not mentioning that he was part of that pack and that he was the one actively looking for recruits.
631 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Medic
This was it, her chance to meet some new people and learn some new things. Her tail began to wag at the thought of her being in a whole new pack. That is what she had been looking for since she entered the wilds. Not having a definate destination, but a general goal in mind had proven hard before this point. In a new pack she could figure how where she really belonged, trade wise. her whole life prior to this had been filled with learning, but learning of alittle bit of everything. She hadn't really had the time to put what she learned into fluition before entering the wilds and being in a pack would only enhance those skills. She moved her head around as though near by meant that as long as she was looking in the right direction she could see it. "I would love to join a pack. What direction are they in? What are the wolves like there?" she asked.

She wanted to join a pack but it was also important that the pack she joined would be a good fit for her. She couldn't change who she was and if this pack was fulled with wolves with different attitudes and values then her. She didn't know how long she would last in a place like that. A place that would most likely be violent and aggresive.
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
Well that was another check gone. Her words and attitufe definatley showed Howl that she was willing to join a pack. She began to asked about where they were as though the moment he told her she would be sprinting out there. "Well it's just a little ways North of here. We are mainly a hunting pack, but we still have plently others who do completely different things." he said we subtly letting her know that he was on of the members. Mostly so that she would express further interest and maybe her skills to him rather then rushing off in that direction at this very moment. 

"Do you have any trades your working on right now.?" he asked wanting to know what she would be contributing to the pack.
631 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Medic
She refocused her attention to to him what he mentioned that he was infact part of the pack that he was talking about. A hunting pack. Well Pema wasn't the number one hunter and she wasn't sure if that was the trade she wanted to pack up, but she wasn't really sure about any of the trades and wheather they were what she would focus on. "I'm not working on any specifically right now, but I'm really open to learning and perfecting a few. I'm a really hard worker I swear." she said her words almost pleading, but her voice as though she were talking ina formal interview. Hoping that would be enough for him. She coud have lied and said that she was some super expert hunter, but she didn't like to lie and if they expected her to bring down elk on her own they would be super disappointed when she needed help with a deer.
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
She didn't have any specific skills but she seemed more then eager to learn, which was all the pack could really ask for at the moment. all checks were marked and he was ready to accept her into the pack. Her though about maybe bringing her back and having Grayday offically accept her, but he though that he would approve of his dicision to bring her into the pack. "I have no doublt that you will. I'm not the leader of the pack, but I would consider youself a member of the pack. Just make sure to speak to Grayday when we get there... He's the leader." howl stood up ready to lead the way and have her follow closely behind.
631 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Medic
It seemed to good or too easy to be true, that in such a short about of time and seemingly out of no where she would now be a member of the pack. He wasn't the leader of the pack, but Pema suspected that he must be a very respected member if he had the ability to accept members into the pack without getting the permission from Grayday, who was the leader. Either way she was happy to become a pack wolf once again. "Ya for sure. It will be the first thing I do." she assured him and followed behind him to the Blacktail Deer Plateau.