Dragoncrest Cliffs there is a special place in hell: it's really hip, very exclusive
we don't need another ruler
all my friends are kings
956 Posts
Ooc —
Tactician
All Welcome 
@Bobby. Maybe @Dalia too? And anyone that really just wants to eat some turkeys.

The trip took a little longer than the pair of them intended but they experienced a lot more than they expected, too. When she and @Blixen came home late the night before, they didn’t spend much time getting settled before they more or less passed out by the time they reached Hougeda. Furi wasn’t even sure she was going to make it that far. Thankfully, being young gives her the advantage and the next morning she’s back on her feet. A full nights rest is really all she needs to bounce back and she doesn’t know she needs to cherish it now while she can.

Furi notes that Blixen has already gotten up and left the cavern, likely to hit the borders bright and early to make up for everything she missed. Furi is much more content hanging back for a while longer, stretching out her limbs and letting the sleepy feeling lingering behind dissipate. That is, however, until her stomach growls something ferocious and she has to take care of that immediately.

The girl heads north with no real destination in mind until a fox crosses her path unexpectedly. She’d been so focused on trying to hunt and fight the churn in her stomach she hadn’t noticed it get closer and it seems to have been just as distracted because it darts off as soon as it sees her, her own legs kicking into gear and thrusting her forward. She chases with all she has in her but the vulpine had a head start from the beginning, eventually losing her through the redwoods. To her surprise, though, the creature has led her to a handful of turkeys gobbling and clucking amongst one another in a small clearing up ahead. She’s never seen such a type of her and her mouth waters, knowing she has no skill when it comes to such creatures. It does not stop her, however, and she lowers to the ground to watch them for a while in order to figure out how to take them down.

i'd give anything to hear you say it one more time
that the universe was made just to be seen by my eyes
129 Posts
Ooc —
Bobby had been stalking the group of turkeys for a while now, his sunlight golden eyes never leaving one particularly fat one. He had decided that it was going to be his prize. He could’ve tried to catch them earlier, but instead he had chosen to simply follow in the shadows. He quite enjoyed just watching and learning about them, they proved very interested. For instance, his big fat one seemed to be the big momma one, like Nomi. She lead them everywhere they went, always at the front of the pack.

The turkeys had finally stopped moving in a small clearing. They pecked at the ground anxiously, as if they knew something was off. They were just too stupid to know exactly what. Suddenly a different scent flooded his nose. He turned his head to see Furi, the dark and light female seemed to be stalking the turkey’s now as well. Bobby’s ear flicked with a bit of irritation, for he had been stalking these guys all day, what claim did Furi have to them.

But then he decided that he could make the most of her being here. She could help! He would take most of the credit of course, but she could still help! He let his fluffy black tail flag up behind him, so that only she could see it from where she crouched. He looked at her, then started scoring closer slowly. Once close enough for a whisper to be heard, he said to her, We’re catching that one, he said, pointing his nose towards the Nomi turkey.
settling their restless wings
384 Posts
Ooc —
She didn't much like to spend time around her brother anymore, and this is what drove her to seek out the other young of the pack; surely they'd be more fun to spend time with. Her brother made her wary, these days, and something about him seemed wrong. She didn't like to dwell on it, and thus spent the crisp morning roving the territory for someone interesting, catching a few trails but losing them near immediately. 

The girl blundered across the group of turkey quite suddenly, freezing as soon as she caught sight of them. It was too late; her arrival had hardly been subtle, and the group surged across the clearing as a whole. Fortunately for Dalia, she had arrived more or less opposite of the two packmates that remained hidden. The birds rushed towards them, one or two already beginning to thrash their wings and leave the earth behind.
trigedasleng will be in blue.
all my friends are kings
956 Posts
Ooc —
Tactician
At first she does not notice the flag in the short distance, too focused on the weird looking birds. They are large, but still short and fat and she can’t imagine they can fly too far like that. Every other bird she’s encountered has been relatively small, narrow, and takes flight easily. These simply meander awkwardly through the territory and while they seem to ask a little weird—likely with the oncoming three wolves in their presence—she doesn’t do much. She isn’t even sure she knows how to take one down, either, or what they are capable of, but she doesn’t have to think long on it before the tail in the distance moves and it is only a few short moments before someone approaches.

Furi doesn’t know much about the other younger wolf. Her first several weeks in Drageda she’s spent alone and then most of her time with Blixen, and she isn’t certain of the boy’s name that approaches. Bobby? Her brows furrow and she narrows her eyes upon his approach, uncertain how he’ll react to her presence. Artaax hadn’t been very kind and welcoming to her, choosing to ignore her like an outcast, and part of her expects the same from this one. However it does not seem to be the case today and he points out one particular bird—the most dominant looking one of all—and announces that’s the one they are going to catch.

While she has no knowledge on how to catch any bird, she’s about to open her mouth to ask how but she doesn’t have the chance. Soon the birds are squawking, flailing, and attempting to fly in their direction. They don’t get too far off the ground but her eyes widen, seeing a flash of grey in the distance, and without much prompting, she rushes toward the flailing and fleeing turkeys like a kamikaze pilot into the sea.

129 Posts
Ooc —
Bobby was prepared to make a plan, but he didn’t have a lot of time to. Before his partner could even respond, they were interrupted by squawking. Bobby turned his head wildly and his golden eyes saw a horrible sight. All of the turkeys, every one, was taking flight. He watched eyes wide as his breakfast ran away from him. He stood there just staring for a few seconds, but Furi brought him back to reality. She rushed out into the fray, and Bobby (who liked her spunk) followed.

He leaped around attempting to grab some of the birds. He was a good hunter, but not in the midst of mayhem. One turkey wing beat him in the face, and he fell onto his butt. After sneezing a few feathers out of his mouth, he looked around again. They were all gone, all of his game gone into the sky and trees. A growl bubbled up in his throat and he turned around to face Dalia, the grey furred female was the one who’d done this, blundering into the clearing like a bull.

His fur puffed out and his red chest heaving, he stomped over to her. Dalia! You made them all fly away! I’m hungry and now they’s all gone! He accused giving her a narrowed eye glare. He wasn’t very menacing, he was too boyish and cute to be menacing.
settling their restless wings
384 Posts
Ooc —
Her gaze widened when she saw something vaguely wolf-shaped throw itself into the swarm, followed closely by another. The birds all took to the air, now, too heavy and bulky to get far they merely scattered throughout the barren trees. Dalia stood shock still, gaze wide and very much resembling a deer caught in the headlights. A low growl rumbled from the throat of one of Blixen's siblings, angry words following soon after. While he may not have been threatening, exactly, he still towered over the petite girl, who's tail curled tightly around her hindquarters.  "i'm sorry" She said, soft voice sounding positively meek as the words left her, ears splayed out. "I'll get you something else - promise." Her gaze found the girl, wondering if she would be angry too, and just how long this task would take with her less-than-fabulous hunting skills.
trigedasleng will be in blue.
all my friends are kings
956 Posts
Ooc —
Tactician
Everything happens so quickly that she can’t formulate what to do or how to even try and catch them. When she gets close to the ones that remain on the ground, she tries snapping and if anything only gets a mouthful of feathers and nothing of actual sustenance. She chases one for a long moment, too, before it dramatically takes a brief flight and is soon out of reach. Furi’s chest heaves as she takes in several deep breaths of air, struggling to catch her breath that she’s temporarily forgotten about the other two wolves. Her stomach still rolls with hunger and her head hangs a little low in defeat.

When she hears Bobby shouting at Dalia—that’s her name!—she instantly turns around with her fur bristling around her neck. She wants to shout at him for getting angry, as she had with Blixen only a few days ago, but she doesn’t know him (or her, either) and she holds her tongue. Dalia’s meek voice responds and she can’t hold back anymore. She can’t just let him be mean to her, too. What is wrong with them?

Furi tightens her jaw and trots back in their direction, moving to stand close but she does not get between them. He doesn’t look like he’s going to get aggressive with her but her brows furrow and she narrows her gaze. “She didn’t know we were here, it wasn’t her fault,” she says with more confidence in her voice than she expects. “I’m hungry too, and she probably is, right?” she asks, swinging her head over to her. Otherwise, why had she tried to hunt the turkeys in the first place? “We can find something together,” she says though her gaze is softer upon the girl and hardens the moment she turns back to Bobby. She may not know either of them that well and they may have been born here but she does know she has rank over either of them.

129 Posts
Ooc —
Bobby felt a little bad when Dalia seemed to cower from him. This was the way he always was with his brother Artie, but they were brothers. He let his chest un-puff, and he let up his eyebrows. But then Furi stepped in, and she was mad too. It was now Bobby’s turn to splay his ears and look ashamedly at the ground. He hadn’t expected to be scolded by her, so his reaction had a bit of shock mixed in. He felt like he was looking at Nomi for a moment, which was way weird.

She asserted that they would find something all together, and Bobby nodded stepping back. Lowly he spoke to them both, Uhh sorry. I didn’t mean to be angry Dalia. He turned to look at the spotted female, then back at Furi. What can we hunt though? I’m sure all the prey in the area heard that and is gone by now. He said, a hint of frustration revisiting his tone.
461 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Birdcatcher
Warrior
It was hard to miss the commotion the other young wolves of the pack were making. Artaax himself had been hunting when the noise distracted him, though he had not nearly been so close to actually making a catch. He actually was in the position to witness the fleeing of the turkeys a few seconds into the cacophony - in fact, one nearly flapped itself directly into his face. He was unfortunately too surprised by this to react in time to catch one, but not so much. He stood, stiff-legged and silent as the birds bustled past, only moving when he'd had a sufficient amount of time to frown thoughtfully in the direction they had disappeared before turning to stride in the direction they had come.

Artaax rounded the thick trunks of the trees to come upon three of his packmates - Bobby, Dalia, and Furi. He glanced between the trio wordlessly, noting different shades of discomfort upon each face. He canted his head slightly as he considered them, his mind putting together the pieces of the puzzle. He took in a slow breath before his muzzle twitched into a small, bemused smile, "So... what are we having then since turkey's off the menu?"

all my friends are kings
956 Posts
Ooc —
Tactician
Moving this along since it's been almost a month. @Dalia and @Bobby, feel free to pop back in!

Bobby offers an apology to the other girl but Furi doesn’t know how sincere it is considering how quickly he moves on to their new focus. She offers an apologetic smile in place of the dark male’s words and she opens her mouth to speak but it’s replaced by Artaax’s voice, quickly snapping her teeth together. It seems that there had been more stalking the herd and the mess they’ve made individually. It’s quiet for a few seconds as she looks between the two named hunters of the pack and her brows knit together, surprised they haven’t come up with an alternative already.

“The birds can’t get that far and they’ll have to regroup,” she says, the only suggestion she has to come up with. If they go in the direction most of them fled, surely they can find them again and star over?
461 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Birdcatcher
Warrior
just gonna... sneak this in...

The three were silent for a moment as they glanced between each other. Artaax quirked a brow at their behavior, wondering if he was interrupting something other than a hunt. He didn't have the imagination to come up with what that might be though, so he began to turn his head away from them and consider their next move on his own.

He looked back as Furi spoke, considering her words before nodding. "Turkey are slow moving, and fairly unintelligent," the hompleia agreed, "Worth the pursuit, especially if nothing else is about." There was a look upon his face that might have been a smile, but it was more in his eyes than his lips and would probably have gone unnoticed by anyone who didn't know him all that well. In spite of the determination to continue the hunt having been made, Artaax did not move to lead. He was curious to see someone else take charge, although if it was Bobby that tried to step up, he'd be quick to put an end to that nonsense.

all my friends are kings
956 Posts
Ooc —
Tactician
Bobby, nor Dalia, speak up against the idea of turkeys again. Artaax ends up agreeing with her and she shoots him a glance though she isn’t entirely sure what to make of it. Still, there’s no fuss from the original two. After a moment, Furi shrugs her shoulders and begins to move when no one else does. It feels weird to take the first step ahead of those born here, and she briefly wonders if this is a test—are they setting her up for failure? Her ears fall back on her head and she looks at the ground, focusing on what is in front of her and moving in the way the direction of the turkeys had flocked to. As much as she wants to look back and see all who follow, she forces herself to keep her vision forward and searching for their prey once more.
461 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Birdcatcher
Warrior
The other two had nothing to offer still, except for a nod of acquiescence from Dalia and an eye roll from Bobby. Artaax smirked at his brother before looking towards Furi as she took the lead. He was interested in seeing just how good of a hunter she was, though he smugly thought that she couldn't possibly be as good as him. Birds were his prey of choice and so he spent most of his hunting time in pursuit of them. Turkey were the easiest he'd come across to date. Hawks were the hardest, but he'd get one someday - he was determined.

But, today was not for hunting hawks on his own. Contentedly, he strode forward after Furi along with the others in search of a nice turkey dinner for them and their families.