Greatwater Lake Lazy Grace
I want my wife and children back. Do not get in the way of this goal and I will not have to kill you for it.
276 Posts
Ooc — Isabelle
Away

Majesty watched with small interest as a herd of deer lifted all of their heads in sync as he neared the massive Greatwater Lake. As he approached ever closer, as one, they all bolted off to the southeast towards Otter Creek. His mind seemed to be back to its usual calm, and he laughed. If he were a deer, he'd be lucky that this chocolate-brown wolf was not hungry at the moment. He went to the water's edge, which he now had to himself, and took a long drink of water.

Then, he lay down beside the lake and watched the sun glint off of it in spectacular ripples. The wind blew through his fur and pushed the clouds back over the sun, and the glittering ripples in the water disappeared. He sighed. Although his mind was calmer than it had been lately, he suddenly felt lonely as he looked up at the clouds in the sky. Mostly, he wanted his own pack to gain back to feeling of camaraderie he had known before coming to the Teekon Wilds. He wasn't sure why, but his current pack seemed so… disingenuous, like everyone was hiding things. He didn't like that feeling. He had to get away from it.
133 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Do you mind if we date this for today, the 26th?

Beric had made his way back to the Teekon Wilds, hoping to find his family again. They seemed to have all split up and lost each other. It was a strategic move. They had been gathering up a pack, but over the weeks after their banning together, wolves seemed to just disappear. Beric had made his way back to Sterrenvuur, only to find many hadn't made it back yet. So, he came back, hoping to find them along the way, or back here.

Beric's eyes were concentrated on the deer. He hadn't had a decent meal in days and he needed this kill. He had been tracking them for about an hour, being as stealthy and quiet as he could. They stopped to graze and he was just about to make his move when another wolf came into the picture. Beric could give no warning, otherwise he would have scared the deer off himself. He looked longingly at his lost meal as they ran away.

His gaze shifted back to the lone male. With purpose, he made his way around the clearing and strolled up behind the male, who was laying at this point, and stood just a few yards behind him. I believe that was my meal you just casually scared off, he spoke, matter-of-factually.

I want my wife and children back. Do not get in the way of this goal and I will not have to kill you for it.
276 Posts
Ooc — Isabelle
Away
No problem. Also, for this to count as a legitimate pledge thread, it has to be at least 10 posts long, so feel free to drag this out. Oh, also your writing against the black background is seriously hurting my eyes. >.<

"Hmm?" Majesty turned his head to look over his shoulder to see who had spoken. He knew it was a male, and he didn't feel threatened. The voice sounded irritated, but not angry enough for its owner to attack. He saw a wolf standing behind him, looking between him and the herd of deer that were running in the direction of Otter Creek. Clearing his throat, he got to his paws, turned to face the male, sat down, and then bowed his head to him.

"Forgive me, friend," he said calmly. "Perhaps you and I can hunt them back down together? You look like you could use a good meal." He took this time to sniff curiously at the male. "And you do not smell of any particular pack. Are you a lone wolf?" Majesty hoped the male would say yes, as Tyrande seemed to have given up on her desire to be a part of his pack, so now he was stuck without enough members to try and claim the island.
133 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Sorry about that! I think we can drag this out :-)

[size=medium]

Had the other male been anything but respectful, Beric might have just put him in his place. But, that was not the case. He found the other wolf seemed to actually care he had lost Beric his meal, and even offered to hunt the herd back down with him. In a moment, perhaps. I need a rest first, he admitted. He walked the short distance to the water's edge and took a few laps of water before lifting his head again, his tongue catching the droplets on his lips.

The other male was interested in Beric's pack status. He had been out on the plains long enough that the pack smell had worn off of him. While Beric would always consider his home to be Sterrenvuur, he silently admitted to himself that maybe he could find a pack here, too. Yes, at the moment. The place I call home is quite a distance from here. I came in search of some family that was traveling. I don't believe I'll be leaving any time soon. As a guardian of Sterrenvuur, it was in his blood to keep tabs on his family. I'm Beric, by the way, he added.

[/size]
276 Posts
Ooc — Isabelle
Away
Thanks for changing the writing. Are you okay with not doing it on a black background, though? I don't want to force you to change it if you like it better the other way.

Majesty waited politely as the male wolf came forward and got a drink from the lake. Then he remained quiet and listened as the loner told his tale. He found out that the wolf's name was Beric, and that he had come to the Teekon Wilds in search of family. This sounded a bit like what Majesty had come for - to find a new family. He was secretly delighted that the male was a lone wolf, though he felt sad that he seemed to have not found what he had come for.

"I myself came to this place in search of family, though I do not feel as satisfied as I would have hoped once I did find it," Majesty said to Beric, once he was done talking. "My name is Majesty, of the Silvertip Mountain Pack, though if you are new here, that title might not mean anything to you. Either way, it doesn't matter in the end, as I don't plan on being a part of the pack for very much longer. I am on the verge of creating my own. I just need one more member…"

At this, Majesty looked slyly at Beric, hoping beyond hope that the other male might take the bait…
133 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Yeah, I'm fine with it! I like color in my posts, which is why I do different colored backgrounds, but I'm just as fine with different colored fonts on a white background :-)

[size=medium]Beric listened intently to Majesty, as he called himself. Regal name, he thought to himself. Fitting for someone looking to make their own pack. Beric's eyes narrowed as the other male made a hint that Beric should join his pack. Beric was loyal, almost to a fault, but not just to anyone. I may be looking for a home, but it's going to take a lot more than a hint for me to say yes, he said bluntly. Beric wasn't the type to beat around the bush.

I'm a Guardian, both by nature and by trade. I am very protective of who I call family, and I do not give that title lightly. I will not follow just anyone, he said pointedly, looking straight on at Majesty. What kind of a leader are you? he asked, now that he had explained what kind of a follower he was. Getting Beric's friendship might not come easy, but it was well worth it, especially for a small, newly-established pack who would need help protecting the pack lands.

[/size]
276 Posts
Ooc — Isabelle
Away
Majesty was slightly surprise at Beric's question about what kind of a leader he was, though he did mind answering it. He thought that it was a completely fair question. After all, packs meant everything to wolves, so if you couldn't trust your own pack-mates, you were, for all intents and purposes, screwed. He cleared his throat, giving himself time to prepare for the answer.

When he had thought about his wording, he began. "Well… First of all, as I've told the other members, I never want any member of my pack to feel like they have to hide their thoughts or feelings from me just because I am the Alpha. To me, that doesn't make any sense. Obviously, I want all those under me in rank to show me respect, but I will also show everyone else respect. Ranks within my pack will be earned by good deeds, and good deeds imply mastering one's instincts in order to think properly about a situation before acting."

He took a breath, wondering what to say next. "I do not plan on becoming a tyrant. I want to be a good, kind leader who listens to his pack-mates and always takes everyone's opinions into account before I make decisions. I still have the final say, but I will always think on what everyone has told me before I do anything. Does that answer your question?"
133 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
[size=medium]If Beric was honest with himself, he would probably say he was being a little hard on the other male. However, if Majesty was going to be a leader, things like this would probably occur a lot, and Beric figured he'd have to get used to it, so why not start now? He also had to admit that the foundation for the pack seemed solid. Respect was always necessary, and bad blood in the pack was not tolerated.

Once Majesty was done, Beric took his sweet time thinking. Actually, he had already made up his mind, but he was letting the Alpha sweat a little. With a sideways look to the other male, he said, Alright, well, if you need me that much, I guess I can help you out. He grinned. He was joking, but sincere about joining. Majesty had at least gotten Beric to check out what he's made of, and his pack. Full friendship and respect would come in due time. [/size]
276 Posts
Ooc — Isabelle
Away
Majesty breathed a sigh of relief when the male finally agreed to help him and become a member of his pack. "Thank you, friend," he said. "You've no idea what this means to me." He smiled back when Beric gave him a grin. "Now, I'll tell you a little bit more about the pack itself."

He sat up a little straighter and got comfortable. "So far, we have…" He counted in his head for a moment, "five members who have agreed to join - including the two of us. Three are male, two are female. And they are all good wolves - ones you can trust. One of the females, Tyrande Nightshade, is a healer, who also has some interest in becoming an outrider. The other female isn't sure what she wants to be, but she says she's up to try anything. I am planning to become a chronicler, a healer, and a naturalist. And the other male, Silvermane, wants to become an outrider, also, though he'd probably make a good warden, as well."

Majesty paused. He knew he had just spoken quite a mouthful, and took a moment to untangle his thoughts. "That leaves only you. If I let you join the ranks of my pack, what skills will you bring? You seem tough. Muscular. You would make a good warden and/or warrior. Do these titles befit you?"
133 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
[size=medium]The ice had been broken between the two male, and they seemed to speak much easier now. Beric sat back on his haunches and listened intently as Majesty told him about the other wolves of the pack. They seemed like a good group of wolves, with a wide range of ability. That was essential to a pack. If it was made up of all caretakers, defending it would be much more difficult. This way, many bases seemed to be covered.

When Majesty asked of his own talents, he replied, I'm a master Warden and Warrior. I protect the pack because it includes my family. I'm also an able hunter, when needed. He paused for just a second before he added, Speaking of hunting, you want to take this conversation on the move and check out where those deer went? Between the two of us, we can score a good meal.

[/size]
276 Posts
Ooc — Isabelle
Away
Majesty nodded. He had always had an easy time seeing where other wolves excelled in a pack. He was not surprised he had pinned Beric correctly. Everything about the male screamed Warrior. When Beric suggested they go after the deer now, he smiled.

"I think that is an excellent suggestion, friend," Majesty said, standing. "They went off that way." He pointed his muzzle to the east, towards Otter Creek. "If we can't catch a deer there, at least there will be plenty of otters to hunt. Although they can be quite slippery and fast. We'd have to do it carefully and quickly. Either way, I think we are both in for a treat. Follow me." With that, he trotted off in the direction of the creek, looking over his shoulder once to see if Beric was following.

Exit Majesty. If you want, I'll set up a new thread in Otter Creek so that we can go catch the deer. ^_^
133 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Sounds good! I'll post in maintenance for this to be archived.

[size=medium]
He was glad Majesty agreed to track down the deer. Beric really did need a meal, and he didn't waste any time trotting along after the other male. He idly wondered if he might run into any of his family, but he figured he could look a little closer at the other packs once this one was settled in.

For now, though, it was feeding time.
[/size]