Stone Circle constellations forming skin over fragile bone
hell is empty and
all the devils are here
133 Posts
Ooc — Mochi
Wardruna notes the blankness in her stare and does not flinch at her question. She does not ask it aggressively but with a simple curiosity. His ears pivot atop his skull as he contemplates his answer though he already knows it. Perhaps, at first, he had wanted to hurt her. He’d never meant to feel anything for her but that does not erase that it is there. “It is common in my culture. It is expected. The more thralls a wolf has, the more power he or she commands.” He is man enough to admit that, at first, Noma was a tool to feed his own ego. He had wanted her and so he had taken her. He had thought he could mend her that way, build her up and yet all he has managed was to ruin her more. It did not go the way he had envisioned. At all. Maybe that is the only reason he admits that it was a mistake now: because it had gone all terribly awry. He is not meant to feel guilt over a thrall. He does not enjoy the heavy burden it places upon his shoulders, the twist of his gut. “I was wrong, Noma.” He admits again, more fiercely this time. It burns at his throat to admit it but at the same time it offers relief, ebbing the guilt until it can be smoothed over and vanish.

Silence settles between them then, though it is broken as she admits that she can’t stay here anymore. He watches her with his single, functioning eye as she rises and drops down to his level. “I did not expect to …collect Sif,” He says ‘collect’ because he cannot translate it into a better word. “She intends to follow me on her own will.” His translation gets a bit mixed up but he finds that it is becoming gradually easier. “I do not know what will happen yet. If we will become a pack or just a nomadic group,” It is all up in the air and Wardruna figures that he will come to a decision when time calls for it. “I think she would enjoy your company,” He speaks, if only because Sif strikes him as the kind of woman to enjoy ( almost ) anyone’s company. She is friendly …nearly the complete opposite of Wardruna himself. Opposites attract, he thinks with irony. “but you a free woman now. You can come with us or go your own way. Regardless, I am leaving Easthollow.” The sooner, the better. His issues with them are undoubtedly of his own creation and perhaps that is why he feels no guilt in cutting it off abruptly and without warning. They will not miss him, he assumes and he will not bother them in the future. It is ( perhaps beyond ) time he takes his leave of them.
your hands are wet
with blood of an empire.
you lick it off.
Messages In This Thread
constellations forming skin over fragile bone - by Wardruna - November 26, 2017, 05:19 AM
RE: constellations forming skin over fragile bone - by Addie - November 30, 2017, 10:00 PM
RE: constellations forming skin over fragile bone - by Addie - December 04, 2017, 05:26 PM
RE: constellations forming skin over fragile bone - by Wardruna - December 06, 2017, 05:12 AM
RE: constellations forming skin over fragile bone - by Addie - December 12, 2017, 09:46 PM
RE: constellations forming skin over fragile bone - by Addie - December 17, 2017, 06:18 PM
RE: constellations forming skin over fragile bone - by Addie - December 24, 2017, 08:35 PM