Moonstone Quarry The Starlight Princess
Daisies, daisies perched upon her forehead
798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Korei couldn't hold it in any longer. She left the territory of Moonspear, but she intended to retrun. She just had to leave for a time, distance herself from the home of the member she felt closest to. Her younger sister, Galaxy. Even thinking of the name made her cry. Even looking at her most favorite things, the stars made her burst into tears. And as she stared down at the reflection she saw in the ice-covered water, she saw Galaxy beside her. 

In a fit of frustration, she smacked her paws at the ice, despite it hurting and one of her paws having been recently sprained. She didn't want to see, didn't want to think. Eventually, the pain both in her heart and paws got the best of her and she slid forward, her smacks slowing to a stop as she cried.
v e r i t a s
436 Posts
Ooc — thalia
She wandered north, startlingly close to Moonspear. Near its borders, she paused a moment, torn. But it was better to live in ignorance of her mother's whereabouts and her packmates feelings towards her, surely. But it was not long after the past the mountain that she came across the crying wolf. This one carried the thick scent of Moonspear, and seemed half-familiar. Cassiopeia blinked at her across the pond, remembering her through a child's eyes, the daughter of Charon who was different, not quite one of the three. She ought to leave quickly, but she was in full view of the other across the pond, and she found that she couldn't quite leave the sobbing girl.
That is not dead which can eternal lie. 
And with strange aeons even death may die.

798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Korei Julia lifted one of her paws as it hanged at the joint, the one she had sprained. No doubt, she had made it worse. She nudged her paw, and cringed in pain, her gaze moving away from the paw. And that's when she spotted the other. Her eyes went wide, as she felt vulnerable and moved away from the water's edge, further from the other.
v e r i t a s
436 Posts
Ooc — thalia
the girl was scared. of her? certainly not, but her gaze had her think otherwise after only a moment. there was something wrong with the girl's paw, her eyes wide and vulnerable, the light colored one, the one called -  "Korei"  the word came hoarsely, gaze blinking in slight surprise at the information she recalled. Slowly, she sank a little lower, quite suddenly hoping the girl wouldn't run off. for so long she'd avoid moonspear and its wolves, but now, with the opportunity to learn of her mother - she was hesitant.

798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Korei was confused as to why this wolf didn't leave when it spotted her. Did it wish to eat her? To maim her a bit, then leave her? She was literally shaking by now. And when her name was spoken, her body shook like a leaf in a hurricane. Which was a lot of shaking.

"How do you know my name?!" she shouted across, once calmed enough. "I haven't seen you before!" Or at least, she didn't believe so.
v e r i t a s
436 Posts
Ooc — thalia
The girl shook like a leaf caught in a gale, and it struck the star-strewn how unlike her sisters she was. "you have." She assured lowly, making no move to stand, confidence growing as she realized the girl was scared, and with merely a lunge towards her she could send her fleeing. But quickly now, she had to know, and the question popped out of her maw before she could put a stop to it. "olive. how is she?" She'd been afraid for so long, to know, to face her mother again. With bated breath, she watched the girl, gaze softer than it had been in weeks

798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Korei Julia shook her head. She would have remembered...wouldn't she? Now that she thought about, there was something about her...Then a name she knew came up. "Olive...Olive, I...I haven't seen Olive in months...how do you know her?" she asked. Olive she recalled having helped her with plants once.
v e r i t a s
436 Posts
Ooc — thalia
 "no," She murmured, tail twitching at her hocks, ears folded back. She'd envisioned her mother safe here, if not completely happy. "months. you're sure. I - what happened?"  Perhaps the horrible end to her mother's life she imagined had not come to pass, and she'd simply moved on. But Cass had relied on her being here, a figure dim but one she could return to, one day. "I am her daughter." She added, hoping the information would have her share something about the woman, where she'd gone. She blinked at the pale girl, wanting to rise but not to scare her off.

798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Korei nodded, still unsure of this whole situation. "I don't know...she was just...there, then she wasn't" she answered. Some wolves tended to disappear from time to time in Moonspear. She also got more confused, as she did not recall Olive saying she had a daughter...had she been told? She could not recall. "I don't remember her having a daughter...but you still haven't answered my question. How do you know my name?" She could not recall meeting this wolf, so she could not think of any way.
v e r i t a s
436 Posts
Ooc — thalia
She'd vanished. Cassiopeia did rise then, heart plummeting. Had she not vanished? Set out to explore, and then disappeared and left Moonspear behind entirely? But no, if the Wood had taken her mother as it had taken her, she would have know; something else must have befallen her mother. Agitation was clear in her gaze as she beheld the other, wondering if the twisted brother that remained in Blackfeather was truly all she had left. 

She'd been forgotten. If not by the pack then at least by the girl before her, that much was obvious. "I was part of Moonspear, once." She said, only half paying attention to the girl's questions anymore. She ought to go back, find Titmouse. Moonspear was empty, now, and dangerous. To him, at least, and by extension her.

798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Korei flinched when the other rose up, thinking they would toward her. She watched them carefully, taking up a defensive stance like she had been taught by her sister. Then came the answer, which added more confusion...yet also removed some.

"You were...how come I don't remember seei-" Then it came to her. She stood up straight. There was a long pause. Then, "Cassi?" She blinked to make sure she was seeing what she thought she was. Of all the wolves that had disappeared, one seemed to reappear before her. She had been so small though, like Korei herself.
v e r i t a s
436 Posts
Ooc — thalia

the girl seemed defensive, but the inky girl paid no heed. she didn't like the idea of being so close to the same entity that wanted to kill her friend for a crime he hadn't committed, the echoes of a lost home. she paused only when charon's daughter addressed her by name, admitting only, "yes." oddly, the slightest curve of her muzzle followed - she'd liked korei, her gentleness, so opposed to her sisters. 

still, it faded after a beat, and she turned on her heel, eager already to be away from here. "I need to go." she faltered once more, and while she knew the probability of what she envisioned was slim, she requested it of the girl, anyway.  "if she returns - could you tell her I'm alright?" she didn't wait for an answer, already moving off through the trees, beelining back to the last place she'd seen Screech.