Blacktail Deer Plateau baby bear
we are all dust and shadows.
192 Posts
Ooc — Chase
All Welcome 
aw maybe @Kaevo?

Raid thinks she should be doing something. Anything. But for some reason, she isn't. She can't bring herself to work, but she's also incredibly bored and she knows she should probably do something to help Morningside - duties and all. Still, it's cold and she's tired. Maybe she should just take a nap or something. She has a headache, after all - she's sure it's a good enough reason to rest. 

Even after convincing herself of all the valid reasons to rest, however, Raid still grumbles and pulls herself up, jaws widening as she yawns and stretches. A cold breeze ruffles her chocolate coat and the amnesiac shivers involuntarily before shrugging her shoulders. Quietly, Raid begins making her ways towards the borders of Morningside, dark paws sinking into the white snow. She'll patrol, and afterwards, go on a hunt. And maybe after all that, she'll take a nap.

Raid snorts to herself - the likelihood is that it'll be way past dark by the time she finishes all her duties anyway. 
If you feel like you’re going to crash then accelerate more, you idiot
No matter how thorny the road is, run

The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
Grayday was a man on a mission. He'd noticed something a bit off about Raid when he'd called the pack together, and now that things had settled back down after Engel's banishment, he knew it was time to go and talk to the girl.

It was easy to trace her scent through the territory, leading out toward the borders. This direction worried him somewhat, but he decided to give her the benefit of the doubt. He knew that she patrolled the borders often enough, and the only reason it didn't sit well with him now was the time of year, and the dangers that had been present as of late.

Either way, he caught up to her before she'd reached the edge of the territory, and fell into step beside her with a look of open concern on his face. "Hello, Rae," he greeted. "Where're you headed?"
[Image: CYEyvJP.png?4]
What's Mine is Ours
192 Posts
Ooc — Chase
The wind blows a familiar scent over and Raid's nostrils flares as she inhales softly, savouring the cool winter taste on her tongue...and, oh, someone's here. It's familiar and it takes her less than a second to realise it's Grayday. As if on cue, his voice rings out through the air just as he falls in step beside her. "Grayday, hi," the girl greets in return, swinging her head over to his direction as amber eyes search his face - there's something like concern in his expression and Raid's heart seizes for a moment. Does he know anything? She forces suspicion and worry down, stamping the spark out and instead, tugs the corner of her lips upwards in the shadow of a smile.

"I'm just going for a patrol," Raid answers, feeling somewhat uncomfortable. Morningside is a hunting pack, she knows, and she shouldn't feel guilty for patrolling because any decent pack needs a good guardian and anyway, she's going hunting afterwards so there's that, but she can't help but think that she isn't enough for Morningside. Not yet. Truthfully, Raid has yet to think of her official trades yet - she's kind of mixed about the whole thing and her lack of memories...it's a bit of a problem. 

22 Posts
Ooc —
hope it's  okay if I still join!
Kaevo  didn't  want to get up. She'd  been awake for an hour at least, her thoughts flitting here and there like butterflies in a breeze. It was nice to lie down and feel safe, a luxury she had not possessed since leaving home. But she was under observation  already it seemed, judging from Aditya's wariness when he'd accepted her. It would not do to be lazy, especially since she had promised him that she was not lazy . So the dark she-wolf  pushed  herself up to her feet and began to trot towards  the borders, hoping to find something to hunt. Anything would help her cause, even just a pile of mice.

what she found instead were two of her new  packmates. One, a cocoa furred woman she had yet to see around. The other was Grayday. She knew of him, though they had not officially met. Burning orange eyes darted betwixt the two of them as she lowered her posture a little - just enough, as Kaevo  was not too fond of groveling... or authority, for that matter. 

Hello, she spoke, forcing a curt nod and  a wag of her long, dark tail. I'm  Kaevo, she added, unsure of whether either of them knew her name.
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
Grayday had thought as much, but was still relieved to hear that she wouldn't be slipping off into the night. He felt as though Raid needed them, even if she didn't seem to see it, yet. "I'm worried about you," he said to her, wishing he could see her face to track her reactions. "You get along fine with everyone, but you seem to keep to yourself most of the time. You never stop working - I feel like I only see you take breaks when you're sleeping."

Before he could go on, another wolf arrived - a joiner that he'd heard about, but had not yet met. Still, he knew her scent, and now her name. "Hello, Kaevo. I'm Grayday," he replied. "And this is Raiden."

He glanced back at Raid, only to remember he had nothing to gain by doing so. He turned his blind head back toward Kaevo. "We were going on patrol. Care to join us?" he asked her, hoping Raid would be okay with the company, but fully willing to force their presence on her either way.
What's Mine is Ours
192 Posts
Ooc — Chase
Grayday speaks and goes straight to the point, the words 'i'm worried about you' slipping instantly from his lips. Raid stiffens, though she forces herself to relax a moment later, knowing he could probably sense her anxiety. Thing is, it feels almost outworldly to hear those words - truth to be told, she doesn't expect anyone to worry about her. They're not obliged too, after all - she's not blood family, and as far as she knows, she's just an outsider, still an outsider to the majority of them. She's well...she doesn't belong yet. Raid supposes that in some ways, she's just a tenant in their pack, paying by working. The realisation dawns on her coldly, like she's suddenly engulfed by ice and she shakes her head, swallowing.

There's more. His words draw forth another memory and with it, troubling emotions. These days, more of her memories have to do with a certain girl and she's beginning to remember - beginning to make sense of the bits and pieces she possesses. They're all pretty tame right now, but Raid senses that there's a bad ending to the story. There always is. Especially since she came to Teekon alone. That, she recalls. "I'm fine," Raid answers with a somewhat forced laugh, "I'm just, you know - I don't make friends easily, I don't know how to talk to people. I'm not, I don't know, like Aditya, I-it's just difficult," she confesses quietly.

"The memories are coming back as well, bits and pieces. Working helps keep my mind off it," she scuffs at the ground and glances at Grayday out of the corner of her eye. Just as she is about to continue speaking, however, someone else arrives. The newcomer's name is Kaevo, it appears, and she's pretty. She's tall and fit, with a pelt of uninterrupted midnight and striking orange eyes - Raid's always been a sucker for nice eyes. She doesn't say anything, however, but nods and swallows, realising all too late that she's been checking the girl out - not at all subtly. Raid averts her gaze instantly, hoping Kaevo doesn't see anything.

Grayday invites her on patrol with them and Raid says nothing, though she does make the effort to smile. She has mixed feelings about the whole thing. She's mostly just nervous. New wolves make her nervous, as do attractive people.

22 Posts
Ooc —
grayday offers a greeting that she interprets to be warm,  to which she offers a small smile.  "yeah,  I'll come along," she says, in response to the invitation. she loves roaming and exploring very much,  and appreciates the opportunity to speak with her pack mates,  as well.  getting to know other wolves is a great source of inspiration and enjoyment.  she senses that the conversation prior to her interruption was a serious one and, on curiosity,  resents the fact that she hadn't overheard it. 

her fiery eyes flicker towards the striking woman who was introduced, and it is then that she finds Raiden staring at her.  blatently.  "is there a twig stuck in my fur?" she wonders aloud,  and although it is an honest question,  a small smile appears.  part of her knows that the staring eyes find her attractive,  but another part doesn't allow her to think so vainly of herself.  still,  she feels a thrill in her belly,  and swishes her tail,  eager to get on with the patrol and see how the trio's interaction unfolds.
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
Grayday sort of wished the other had not arrived, but he wouldn't send her away, either. He'd been about to lecture Raid on being more social, so he couldn't exactly request privacy right then. Besides, he'd not met Kaevo before, and he didn't want her first impression of him to seem mean or closed-off.

Still - he could not say the words he'd meant to. I know it's difficult, but you're part of this, now. Or, who else have you met? Is there anything I can do? He was not above making himself her best friend, and forcing her to spend time with him and his family. But he was a busy wolf, and he wanted Raid to relax already. He had a feeling she wouldn't be able to when he was constantly surrounded by all the others. Perhaps it was fortuitious that Kaevo should join them afterall.

"I can't see," he said to the girl at her question, his words neither pointed nor bitter. Maybe she'd been talking to Raid? He couldn't tell, but began to lead the way toward the borders, working over the best way to do this in his head. "I'm glad to finally meet, you, Kaevo. I'd heard about you joining, but I've been busy, lately - " Busy with Catori - "I guess that's no excuse," he said with a little laugh. "Normally, we assign a mentor to new joiners, but I think that might've been skipped over, since it was my son-in-law who met you at the borders, and not one of the leaders." He turned his blind head in Raid's direction, unable to read her expression, but hoping his own would say enough for the both of them. "Raid, do you think you could take charge of showing Kaevo around, and making sure she settles in?" There. That was work as well as friendship. He wondered if Raid would resent him for putting her in this position, but had already decided that it needed to be done.
What's Mine is Ours
192 Posts
Ooc — Chase
Fiery eyes meet her own and a smile curves at the other girl's lips. Raid knows she's been caught when the words slip past Kaevo's lips and she ducks her head immediately, blushing profusely underneath the chocolate fur. Heat blossomed on the tip of her ears and dots her cheeks, crawling up her neck uncomfortably. Raid doesn't reply and silently thanks all the deities looking down from above that Grayday doesn't seem to have noticed anything. Though, to be honest, even if he did notice something, it doesn't really matter - Raid isn't ashamed of her sexuality and from the bits and pieces she remembers, she's never really been ashamed of it, except from the very beginning.

They walk and Raid falls into step beside them quietly, only half listening to Grayday's apology. Her mind wanders to some topic a few trains of thoughts away from what they're talking about. She only jerks back into the present when her name pops up in the conversation. Sorry, what? Raid blinks, and her muscles tense unwittingly beneath her dark coat as this information registers in her mind. "Um," she begins, her voice a little too low, a little too hoarse and embarassed, she clears her throat. "Yeah, I guess," Raid agrees, amber eyes darting to scan Kaevo's expression clearly.

God. This is going to be so bad. She's never been good with strangers, but she's even worse around pretty strangers and she knows she's going to fuck up so badly and oh my god, why. On the other hand, some part of her is excited. It means, after all, Raid gets to spend more time with Kaevo and well...

The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
"Good. We're settled, then," Grayday said cheerfully, hoping that his own good mood would buoy the mood of the small gathering. Still, he was not surprised when Kaevo excused herself soon after. "Was it something I said?" he asked Raid, feeling a bit put off by the encounter.
Feel free to close up or continue!
What's Mine is Ours
192 Posts
Ooc — Chase
Raid can't explain the relief that washes over her when Kaevo excuses herself, feeling her muscles relaxing underneath her coat. She exhales, the rush of oxygen filling her lungs feels very much like pure euphoria, what with the way she'd been holding her breath for the last minutes or so. The girl is attractive, and Raid has never been good with attractive girls, especially when they flirt. Grayday's words knock Raiden out of her thoughts and she starts. When the words register in her mind, the corner of her lip quirks upwards into a sheepish smile and she shakes her head. "Nah," Raid replies, lifting a shoulder in a shrug, "no way, it was probably something else." And with that, the chocolate wraith tries to shove all thoughts regarding Kaevo out of her mind for the rest of the patrol. She succeeds, partly.