Dawnlark Plains talking trash under your breath
we are all dust and shadows.
192 Posts
Ooc — Chase
They came. One, and then all at once. Lucky? Or not.

Aditya was first. The man was the one Raid felt she truly connected with throughout her stay in the pack despite having only really talked to him once, and looking at him now with his wagging tail and too-bright eyes, the girl found herself swallowing. This wasn't going to be easy, she could tell. "Aditya," Raid greeted in return, inclining her head softly as a soft smile, underlined with melancholy, tugged lightly on the corner of her lips. "It's been..." she trailed off, "hard," she finished honestly.

Dawn was next. She liked the other girl - she remembered the first time they met, when Raid bumped into her on the mountains smewhere, and the second time, where the exact same thing happened - she was nice, clever, fierce...anyway, there was no time for reminiscing. Cut ties, quickly, that was the only way forward. Just as Raid was about to launch into the lengthy parting speech, she'd prepared Grayday emerged. As if this couldn't get any harder. The man had taken her in when she offered nothing for the pack, and had been nothing but kind and helpful to her. Doing this...it felt almost like betrayal. In the end, she couldn't repay him. 

"Grayday, hi," Raid smiled quietly as she gathered herself, inhaling sharply. "I've been wanting to find the three of you, actually, so, lucky coincidence?" Just get on with it. Dodging the matter won't help anything, you'll just drag it out, make it worse. Stop beating around the bush. "I'm sorry," she blurted out, then catching herself she averted her gaze to the ground and shuffled awkwardly. "I don't think I can stay here anymore. I need to get away and sort out my thoughts and I can't do it if I'm bound to a pack. You guys have been a great help to me, and I'm sorry to let you all down, especially Grayday - you took me in and I still can't repay you, and now I'm leaving and I don't know, I'm sorry. If there was any other way, I won't be leaving, really, but I just- I can't do this anymore and my memories-my ex girlfriend is back-and it's a lot, you know? Just, I'm really sorry." The words stumbled over each other in their hurry to escape the confines of Raid's mouth, emerging as a whirlpool of churned up mess.
If you feel like you’re going to crash then accelerate more, you idiot
No matter how thorny the road is, run

Messages In This Thread
talking trash under your breath - by Raid - March 19, 2018, 05:31 PM
RE: talking trash under your breath - by Aditya - March 19, 2018, 06:00 PM
RE: talking trash under your breath - by Dawn - March 19, 2018, 06:10 PM
RE: talking trash under your breath - by Grayday Sr. - March 19, 2018, 09:07 PM
RE: talking trash under your breath - by Raid - March 27, 2018, 07:42 AM
RE: talking trash under your breath - by Aditya - March 29, 2018, 05:08 PM
RE: talking trash under your breath - by Grayday Sr. - March 29, 2018, 11:23 PM