Totoka River i believe pain breeds wolves and joys give rise to moons
a crime so old
as the sky and bone
55 Posts
Ooc —
that's fine!

cyron tries not think about blackfeather woods and any influence they might've left within him for too long. that would be saying that even though he escaped they won and it's not something he wants to have a panic attack about in the presence of someone else. he is far too wrapped up in his thoughts to realize that she's still ( understandably ) suspicious of him. he is only broken out of them when she speaks again, stating that it's nice to meet him. it occurs to him that she's probably only saying that to be polite and he wishes that he could hear those words and know that the speaker is, without a doubt, telling the truth. "likewise." he murmurs in return out of a feeling of social obligation, hiding the cringe he feels at the automatic response. "i just needed to get away for a bit." he answers her inquiry with honesty. he does not delve into why he felt that he had to get away — the self-imposed pressure of his parents and the argument he had with his sister and the contemplation of leaving easthollow — that wasn't anyone's business but his own. "to think." outside of the prison that the borders have become. easthollow should have made him feel safe but he only felt like a caged feral animal scratching desperately to get free, bound by the chains of expectation and the weight of an identity that wasn't his any longer.
war ate a boy
and spat out a man
Messages In This Thread
RE: i believe pain breeds wolves and joys give rise to moons - by Cyron - May 27, 2018, 05:21 AM