Dawnlark Plains Back to Me
276 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa

The she-wolf finally earned her first grade and the excitement as well as her happiness still showed it on her face. Aliac was also welcoming spring as she looked to the sky as the breeze sifted through her white fur. Though without the snow, it would be a lot harder to conveal herself from her prey, but no matter. The female was confident that she wouldn't let her friends and pack mates down.
"Some girls are full of heartache and poetry and those are the kind of girls who try to save wolves instead of running away from them" "Swahili" "Normal "  
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
The stiff breeze blowing through the land brought Grayday not just the scent of springtime, but of a packmate as well. The male turned to follow the scent to its source and greeted the woman at the end of it with a wag of his tail.

"Its getting warmer," he said aloud, half expecting his words to go unanswered. It wasn't a question, and Aliac had always been fairly taciturn around him. This time, he was prepared for her shyness.
[Image: CYEyvJP.png?4]
What's Mine is Ours
276 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
The female took a deep breath and turned to face her alpha who had greeted her. In turn she did the same. Aliac acknowledged his statement with her own. "Yes, it is. Soon the deer herds should be returning. Or I hope at least." Though being in a different part of the land she wasnt sure which game was native here, but she intended to find out.
"Some girls are full of heartache and poetry and those are the kind of girls who try to save wolves instead of running away from them" "Swahili" "Normal "  
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
Grayday nodded, hiding his surprise at her friendly greeting. Perhaps she was coming out of her shell a bit more.

"We've been seeing them more and more," he agreed. "It was a large herd that passed through when we hunted a few days ago." Grayday could not remember if Aliac had been on that hunt, but he was sure she would have heard about it, at least.
What's Mine is Ours
276 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
Aliac indeed heard about that. "I was aware about that." The shewolf said with interest. "How did that go? Was it successful?" She hadnt heard many details about it, only bits and pieces.
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
"Yeah, we got it," said Grayday with another wag of his tail. It had been a good hunt - and a win, for him. This was the first pack hunt he'd participated in since losing his eye. In it, he had proved to himself and to his family that he could still be a provider. Although, he would need to begin leaning on others even so.

It had become clear to him, lately, that Sunny had surpassed him in ability, if not yet in skill. The boy would need to be groomed a bit more, but Grayday knew he would make a fine hunter.

"So, tell me how you have been settling. You seem much more at ease than the last time we spoke one-on-one. Have you been making friends?" asked Grayday.
What's Mine is Ours
276 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
Aliac nodded at his words. "I'm glad it was successful." She thought carefully about the end of his speaking. "I have made a few when we were at the plateau, though I haven't spoken to many since the move."
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
This caused Grayday to frown - had the move been upsetting to the girl? He knew that many of the wolves in his pack had been fond of the plateau despite all their troubles there.

"I'm sorry to hear that," he said, his tone hinting that she should also be sorry to have brought him this news. But he knew it could be difficult, so he said no more on the matter. "Who have you spoken to so far?"
What's Mine is Ours
276 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
She thought of the wolves of whom she had met in the pack. "Well so far I have met, your daughter I believe but that was brief. I also met Kieran who helped me earn my hunting grade as well as Pema and a male named Sunny." She paused before she continued speaking. "Oh, and Raid as well. " Aliac didn't think that she forgot anyone if she had that was not her intention.
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
The male's ears perked at the mention of his son. He'd been considering, lately, that the boy might need some help in finding a female companion. "What did you think of Sunny?" he asked curiously, head tilting to the side. He had not previously considered Aliac for him, as she seemed a bit shy and he didn't want that for his son, but... well, the fact of the matter was that beggars couldn't be choosers, and Grayday still thought the girl seemed rather sweet, even if she was a bit timid.
What's Mine is Ours
276 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
Thoughts popped into her head. "He was quite nice to me, he also offered to help me with a hunt. He's really sweet honesty." She had only a few encounters with the boy and so she only spoke of her first impressions of him.
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
Sweet, she called him, bringing a wry smile to the male's face. There was really no other word for his son. Perhaps he and Aliac were suited after all.

"I think it's time he start looking for a mate," he said bluntly, not wanting to mince words about it. "If you are amenable to his company, perhaps you could spend a little more time with him, and see if you suit each other," the leader suggested, careful to allow no commands into his words or tone. He did not want to assign his son a mate - not yet, anyway.
What's Mine is Ours
276 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
Aliac took in her alphas words carefully as he explained. Could she really win over someones heart. Insecurities began to settle in her heart but she hid it with a smile. "Perhaps I could try, if he would like me, only time would tell." She started wondering childish thoughts now but waited for Grayday to speak his response.
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
Grayday wagged his tail, glad to hear that Aliac wasn't horrified by the idea. Perhaps having his father push girls toward him wasn't ideal, but Grayday was eager to see his first litter settled down before their second year. Young love was not something to pass up, and besides - he wanted grandchildren before he expired.

"The important thing is to be friends before all else," Grayday offered. "Even if nothing comes of it, you will come away from your efforts with a good and loyal friend."
What's Mine is Ours
276 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
Tagging for reference
Aliac hoped that he was right but for some reason she found herself intrigued by the idea of finding a partner. Thats when she started thinking about her mother which brought a smile to her face once more. "Thank you for your advice it is greatly appreciated. I hope that all goes well." She then thought of something. "How is @Spiritwalker doing? I heard some of the other speaking of her being with pups."
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
The question brought a wide, toothy grin onto the leader's face. Nothing got him quite as excited as the prospect of fresh pups - that they would be his own only added to the gladness.

"We're expecting them in a little under a fortnight," he revealed, tail lashing in pleasure. "The Spiritwalker is well - bored of being so wide, I'm sure."
What's Mine is Ours
276 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
Aliac saw the look that the topic gave to him and was happy. She wondered if her own father was as excited when he spoke of her. "Thats great." Aliac couldn't wait to see pups running around, it has always found them intriguing.
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
Aliac did not have much to say on the topic - Grayday heaved a tolerant sigh, figuring he had used up her conversation quota for the day. Still, he sought to know her better, determined to make a friend of the girl.

"Are you interested in having a family?" he asked her, knowing that his son greatly anticipated having his own pups one day. If Sunny had been born a girl, Grayday thought that he and Aditya might have been better suited than Aditya to Dawn. Although the man was everything he wanted in a son-in-law, Grayday couldn't help but think he was a bit too nice for his daughter.
What's Mine is Ours
276 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
Aliac nodded her head. "Eventually I hope to have a family. When I realized what it was i told myself that i would be the best mother i could be and not abandon them as my own mother had done." The she wolf stood a bit proud of herself and where she stood in her beliefs. She knew what happened to her and she did not want that of her future family; if that does happen.
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
Perhaps she and Sunny would suit each other. Grayday gave the girl a compassionate touch of his muzzle, sorry to hear about her mother.

"Sunny was also abandoned by his mother," he shared, knowing that this was not common knowledge. It was not a secret, but it was not often talked about, either. "I know that he feels similarly about any future children."
What's Mine is Ours
276 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
Aliac was surprised to hear that, she was not aware of that fact and she knew how it felt. "Im sorry to hear that, I know that its very hard to cope with. That is the main reason why i chose not to get close to people. " She was always afraid of them leaving, alowly she was realizing that this pack would not do that to her.
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
Grayday gave a thoughtful nod. He didn't like to hear that others were holding back. It made him think of his own mistakes.

"It is difficult," he agreed, voice stern. "But if you spend your whole life holding back to save yourself from hurt, you'll one day find yourself terribly alone." His voice softened. "You're a Morningsider, now, Ali. When we left, we took you with us."
What's Mine is Ours
276 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
Aliac felt her heart slowly race as he spoke. She was one of them. Finally the shewolf felt as though she finally belonged somewhere. "Thank you sir, for everything. I will do well to heed your advice." She wished to say more. "I can't begin to explain the happiness i felt since you allowed me to join Morningside."
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
A bemused expression crossed the leader's face. He'd thought Aliac was uncomfortable in his ranks, so he was glad to hear that she'd found happiness instead. Unlike his failed attempts to reach Raid, his efforts toward friendship with Aliac seemed to be coming to fruition.

"You've been good to us as well," he said kindly. "I know you've worked hard at your hunting. That very important. But the most important thing you can contribute to this pack is your fellowship. We are social creatures, and the bonds of the pack are our strength," he said to her, his voice gently chiding. "I know you will be as intentional about this as you have been about sharpening your hunting skills."
What's Mine is Ours
276 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
Aliac grinned as her white tail swayed back and forth. "Thank you. I hope to pick up another trade, I just can't decide what it may be yet." The female was proud of herself when she was able to earn her hunting trade, despite all of the failed attempts to do so.