Ghost Lion Crag Searching for food
63 Posts
Ooc — Sarah
Nearby, and also concealed behind the rocks, Clock was making the same observations of the small herd of sheep. He could hardly believe how fortunate he was to have found another wolf to hunt with, and this stranger looked like he could run fast. They would have to use skill, though, and the first task would be to isolate one of the weaker ones.

Clock was unique in that he was actually born in captivity and then rehabilitated into the wild. The upside of such an unusual puphood was that he and his siblings were provided as many herds of prey animals as they needed until they got good enough at hunting to assure the humans running the rehabilitation program that they would be able to survive in the wild. Clock thought he and his companion had a pretty good chance at snagging a sheep today. The one thing that would be a challenge, for Clock at least, was the terrain. The sheep would be well adept at navigating the steep rocky hillside, but Clock was not. :Oh well, I guess I will learn,: he thought to himself.

The other wolf caught his eye and Clock moved in close to speak in a hushed tone. "Two of them near the back of the herd look weak to me," he explained. "I think we should break them away from the herd. If you could chase one for a while to tire it out, and then swing it back toward me, I can go in for the kill." Although he didn't want to say anything outloud, Clock was a bit concerned he wouldn't have enough strength for a high energy kill. He had spent the winter on his own and his normally strong body was thin and lank-looking. The sheep weren't very big, though, and he was confident he could take one down on his own as long as it was tired and weakened first. He hoped the darker wolf would be fine with running it.
Messages In This Thread
Searching for food - by Clock - April 05, 2018, 10:50 AM
RE: Searching for food - by Koji - April 06, 2018, 08:57 AM
RE: Searching for food - by Clock - April 07, 2018, 08:40 AM
RE: Searching for food - by Koji - April 10, 2018, 11:03 AM
RE: Searching for food - by Clock - April 11, 2018, 11:46 AM
RE: Searching for food - by Koji - April 19, 2018, 07:25 AM
RE: Searching for food - by Clock - April 19, 2018, 04:11 PM
RE: Searching for food - by Koji - April 25, 2018, 09:59 AM
RE: Searching for food - by Clock - April 25, 2018, 04:56 PM