The Sunspire my pride gets in the way but what can i say
266 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
All Welcome 
For @Seabreeze of (ofc) AW!

Soon, everyone would know. Those who were close had already been informed, but the rest of the pack was still oblivious. Aside from the mood swings and the even shorter temper, Queenie's first trimester had been moving just as smoothly as expected. This was the comfortable part of pregnancy, before her abdomen hung so low that she couldn't walk; this was the part where she could still act like the big dog without worrying about being coddled and pitied for her condition.

This was a temporary condition, after all. Once the children were born, Queenie would be forced to make the transition from mercenary and scout to mercenary, scout, and mother. Of all the things she'd experienced in her life, nothing was quite as scary as that. It wasn't like she would be doing it alone, though; Delight was a good guy (a little strange, a little irritating, but good) and she was sure that he would make a good father.

Family business was the last thing on Queenie's mind, though. Today, she'd set out for Sunspire, intent on keeping the alliance between the two packs intact. It had been a while since they'd had a proper meeting, and she sought to change that; a pack as small as Tindómë could use every friend they could get.
Hiya!
Please take the time to read through this post.
Happy roleplaying!
558 Posts
Ooc —
Master Therapist
She was patrolling the border, something she usually didn't do.  But she missed Terance, and that's where he was normally at.  He'd been absent lately, she'd noticed; something was up with him but she couldn't help him and it kind of really sucked.

The only thing that lifted her mood lately was her growing stomach.  She was still smaller, compared to most pregnant women, but the proportions were a little... yikes.  Her pace slowed to a shuffle as she began to pant because boy, it had been getting hot outside, when she saw a form on the horizon she didn't recognize (or maybe she did, because of the alarian thread -- who knows, but i'll be vague).  Hey there, she hailed, repositioning herself into something a little less.. dismal.
[Image: 70c0c50922211f79c19a9fbb2dbe797a.png]

266 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
It seemed that the Sunspire wolves had a talent for sniffing out visitors; before Queenie had even had the chance to make a call, another (possibly) familiar wolf was approaching from the opposite run of the border. The mercenary postured herself accordingly (stance stiff, ears high), hoping to have a more luck at professionalism than she had back at home, but upon noticing the other's slightly distended belly, Queenie couldn't help but soften up.

That was the worst thing about these hormones: they never. Freaking. Stopped.

For a moment, Queenie sat there in awe with her eyes doubling between the other's face and the ground, before realizing how awkward their silence was becoming. Hey, she said coolly, I'm checking in on behalf of Tindómë.
Hiya!
Happy roleplaying!
558 Posts
Ooc —
Master Therapist
She watched as the stranger adjusted their posture.  Since all of the attacks at the borders it put her on edge, this was, after all, Sunspire's claim.

Who sent you? was the first thing out of her mouth.  This stranger was being.. so formal; she knew that most likely Delight would not have acted this way.  Was Mato back in charge?  Sorry, I just.  It's complicated.  What a lackluster response.

What's up?

266 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Seabreeze's response had been anticipated; whether pregnant or not, a stranger showing up unannounced at the border was enough to put anyone on edge. Delight, Queenie answered with a sigh as she settled into a less off-putting stance, I mean, not exactly. I sent myself. While she might have liked for everyone to believe that this visit to Sunspire was all business, it was also meant to be a short vacation; Queenie needed time away from Delight, and she was sure that he felt the same way. 

I was just coming to check in, see how everything is going. A noticeable glance was shared with Seabreeze's hanging abdomen, but Queenie was quick to check herself, not mentioning the observation. Our numbers are falling, back at home.
Hiya!
Happy roleplaying!
558 Posts
Ooc —
Master Therapist
She settled almost immediately and felt ashamed of her off-putting demeanor.  Oh, sorry.  I just thought — wait, did this girl even know about what had transpired between herself and Mato?  I was Mato's mate, for some time.  She rolled her shoulders in a shrug.  Had me worried, there.  I've got babies on the way.  She hadn't missed the way Queenie's gaze had raked over her stomach, but Seabreeze was not ashamed of her distended tummy.

Hmm.  I thought the move would have done you guys some good.  We're full up over here, for the most part, anyway.  I can show you around, if you'd like.  We can see some sights while we talk business.

266 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
It didn't matter who Seabreeze was or wasn't mated to, really. None of that was of any importance to Queenie, but it does serve to say that she was surprised by the admission. Thinking about it, she could see Seabreeze and Mato together; they both had that weird amicable but stick-up-the-ass je ne sais quoi about them. I didn't mean to stare, Queenie apologized with a laugh. It's just, it was hard not to look when all that she could think was, Am I gonna look like that?

I'd like that. The wolves of Sunspire seemed friendly, but Queenie hadn't come to know many of them. Maybe that would have been a nice starting point (nice scouting instincts, goofball!). How have things been around here? With the seasons changing and everything, I mean. Are you guys doing okay?
Hiya!
Happy roleplaying!
558 Posts
Ooc —
Master Therapist
Oh, hun.  That's not what I meant!  Stare all you want.  I'm proud to be a momma.  Which was totally the opposite of Queenie, but Seabreeze didn't even know the other girl was pregnant, let alone her feelings about it.  She also didn't go on to elaborate what she had meant, because she had a suspicion that Queenie really wouldn't care.  

Seabreeze traipsed lazily towards the Falls, hoping to show Queenie some of the more scenic parts of the mountain.  Yeah.  We're alright.  So many wolves can be a hindrance, but the more bodies we have the more food we bring in.

266 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Something about Seabreeze's cheerful demeanor, while comforting to the wayward merc, was off-putting enough to send her into flee-mode. Queenie gulped and allowed her eyes to dart for a moment, as she apprehensively took a step back. Actually, she stammered, I need to go. Thank you for the offer but...I'll send Delight, okay? And with her poor excuse made, Queenie sped off at a trot in hopes of getting home as soon as possible.
Hiya!
Happy roleplaying!