The Floodlands I'm with the band.
1,002 Posts
Ooc — Houkie
Midwife
Master Medic
Link to roll -- y'all are in luck today. ;) Minor pp here with Towhee, hope ya don't mind Kat. Sorry for the novel length, lol.

Raven was all the way over on the opposite side of the Redhawks' domain when she heard Towhee's baboon call howl rend the air from a great distance. It took her a second to ascertain what its message was, but the instant she understood it, she immediately dropped what she was doing -- foraging for early-season medicinal plants -- and took off running as fast as she could. She'd almost left the plants that she had gathered but decided to keep them just in case she needed them. It was fortunate she did, too, because she was unaware of what awaited her at her destination.

She was about halfway there when she saw X pass above her, heading in the same direction as she. Moments later, she heard an urgent call from Quixote beckoning her to hurry. A flutter of panic tickled in her ribs as her imagination treated her to all sorts of horrible scenarios. She refused to entertain them, however, forcing herself to maintain a clear head and doing her best to remain calm.

She arrived breathless, panting around the small clutch of yarrow flowers in her mouth. She was greeted by the sight of two bloodied wolves -- one of whom was Towhee -- and Quixote doing his best to tend to the other, whose injuries appeared to be worse. Raven took a few beats to thank whatever forces had inspired her to search for this particular plant today, because by some great stroke of luck, it was precisely what she needed. With the practiced eye of many years' experience, she took stock of Towhee's injuries as well as the stranger's. While the reddish she-wolf had the most damage by far, instinct told her to treat Towhee first. Towhee was hers.

She quickly snapped up a few yarrow flowers and chewed them, stem and all, into a thick paste. Gesturing for Towhee to lie down, Raven quickly used her tongue to press the salve to the slashes on her face. The cuts were shallow but enormously bloody, and Raven was terrified that she might have lost an eye. As soon as the paste was securely in place, she gently licked the blood from Towhee's face and was relieved to see that her sister's eye appeared to be unharmed.

She was done in a few minutes, and flashed a warm smile at Towhee. "You're going to be okay," she said. "But stay still so the medicine can work better." Turning then to the unconscious female, she chewed more yarrow up while she surveyed the damage. The worst of it was clearly on her hip, which was mangled down deep into the muscle and bleeding extremely heavily. Luckily Quixote had been close enough to help; without him there to apply pressure to slow the bleeding, Raven thought the she-wolf might have bled to death. The wound needed to be washed before she treated it, but she didn't want to set her medicine down in the dirt. Doing her best to talk around the mouthful of green paste, she looked at Qui and asked while gesturing at the wound, "Cuh ya hlick it c'ean f'r meh?"
Messages In This Thread
I'm with the band. - by Towhee - May 24, 2018, 08:26 PM
RE: I'm with the band. - by Rosalyn - May 24, 2018, 08:37 PM
RE: I'm with the band. - by Towhee - May 24, 2018, 08:43 PM
RE: I'm with the band. - by Rosalyn - May 24, 2018, 08:54 PM
RE: I'm with the band. - by Towhee - May 25, 2018, 08:23 AM
RE: I'm with the band. - by Rosalyn - May 25, 2018, 09:11 AM
RE: I'm with the band. - by Towhee - May 25, 2018, 09:20 AM
RE: I'm with the band. - by Rosalyn - May 25, 2018, 09:29 AM
RE: I'm with the band. - by Towhee - May 25, 2018, 09:47 AM
RE: I'm with the band. - by Rosalyn - May 25, 2018, 10:42 AM
RE: I'm with the band. - by Towhee - May 25, 2018, 11:00 AM