Stone Circle Testing The Waters
246 Posts
Ooc — Hela
She was silent for a few minutes, initially too numb to know how she felt. His words had felt like knives in her heart. At first, she wondered if this was real. Was this another bad dream to add to the collection of nightmares that had plagued her sleep lately? But no, this was very real, as was the sting of betrayal that now settled in her heart. Her trust was not something she gave easily, but against her better judgement, she had freely trusted the male in front of her, which made this hurt even more.

She couldn't fault him sleeping with another female before they had even met, although it somewhat tainted her previously happy memory of their first encounter. She was totally willing to look past that, but it seemed like he wanted something with the other female. Brynn thought they had something and was under the impression he felt the same way. But if he felt as strongly as she did, why would he consider furthering a relationship with a girl he had a fleeting encounter with? Brynn thought she meant more to him than that. 

Then there was their packmate, Illecebra. She understood they shared a connection. You can't always help the way you feel, but did he not even spare Brynn a single thought when making the decision to kiss the female? Maybe it was presumptuous of her to assume that he didn't want anyone else but her, but that was how she felt about him. She hadn't kissed or even flirted with another male; she had no desire to. Once again she felt the ache of betrayal in her chest. This time, it caused tears to begin to form in her eyes, but she was able to momentarily stop their assault. 

She felt like an idiot. Such a fucking idiot. She knew better than to let her guard down. She had been safe in her little bubble where no one possessed the power to break her heart, and the first time she gave someone that power, it came back to stab her in the back. 

She finally looked at Howl then, the tears returning to her eyes. She hadn't cried since the day her parents died, but the tears were so heavy now that she eventually lost the fight. And once the first one moved down her cheek, she was unable to stop the stream that followed. She looked away again as she cried, unable to hold his gaze anymore.  

Once she had collected herself enough to speak, she moved her eyes to meet his once more. "Am I not enough for you? You need two other girls in your life to make up for whatever you think I lack?" The words were angry and accusatory. The weak part of her wanted to say whatever she could to keep him, but the anguish coursing through her took control and forced the angry question from her mouth.
: 0/10  : 2/5
Sometimes, I feel the fear of uncertainty stinging clear, and I can't help but ask myself how much I'll let the fear take the wheel and steer.
Messages In This Thread
Testing The Waters - by Howl - June 30, 2018, 09:05 PM
RE: Testing The Waters - by Brynn - July 01, 2018, 10:06 AM
RE: Testing The Waters - by Howl - July 01, 2018, 03:26 PM
RE: Testing The Waters - by Brynn - July 01, 2018, 04:56 PM
RE: Testing The Waters - by Howl - July 01, 2018, 05:24 PM
RE: Testing The Waters - by Brynn - July 01, 2018, 05:55 PM
RE: Testing The Waters - by Howl - July 01, 2018, 06:51 PM
RE: Testing The Waters - by Brynn - July 01, 2018, 08:56 PM
RE: Testing The Waters - by Howl - July 02, 2018, 11:22 PM
RE: Testing The Waters - by Brynn - July 02, 2018, 11:49 PM
RE: Testing The Waters - by Howl - July 03, 2018, 01:13 AM