Blackfeather Woods "Listen, my child," you say to me
BLOOD & FEAR
1,013 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
Historian
For atmosphere purposes: click!

He trusted her with his life, so confirmation that she would bring him back was not necessary, but knowing that her resolve was still as strong as his own was both soothing and encouraging. They were both ready.

Damien looks over Nyx's head and he sees a raven staring silently at them. The sight brings an ominous chill down Damien's spine, he remembered Potema saying that the spirits that lurked in the void were not to be underestimated, but nothing would make him back down now. He took a deep breath and closed his eyes, and from bare memory he recited the same words that his sister had once spoken in the same place years ago.

Rōvēgrie Sithis, rual nyke ezīmagon aōha tegun, se Zōbrie, lo mērī syt iā byka jēda... he takes another breath but his eyes remain closed. He can feel the darkness creeping up his back. ...Mephala, mīsagon nyke hae nyke geron konīr. Rōvēgrie Sithis, kostilus, rual nyke naejot ȳdragon naejot ñuha muña, Meldresi, lo mērī syt iā byka jēda... He takes the herbs with his mouth and chews. The taste is both sour and sweet, horrible in his tongue. Then he swallows, and the last words are spoken softly ...Bisa nyke beg hen ao....

The world shifts. A high pitched sound deafens him and he opens his eyes. Heavy breathing, paralysis. Though Damien's eyes are wide open and his pupils grow wide, thirsty for light, Damien is blinded by the void. A thumping grows louder in the distance. It's rhythmic, ominous, it brings Damien to his knees, and the darkness shifts to a flash of white. As it dims down Damien opens his eyes again to find that the moon is no longer shaded. It's full and its bright, blue light bathes him. The place in which he stands is still Blackfeather Woods but his lover isn't there, only the pale blue shimmer of the moonstone remains. He's on the other side.

[Image: Q3CYoOl.png]
Messages In This Thread
"Listen, my child," you say to me - by Nocturnal - July 31, 2018, 04:49 PM
RE: "Listen, my child," you say to me - by Damien - August 05, 2018, 12:30 PM
RE: "Listen, my child," you say to me - by Nocturnal - August 09, 2018, 02:40 PM
RE: "Listen, my child," you say to me - by Damien - August 11, 2018, 03:38 PM
RE: "Listen, my child," you say to me - by Nocturnal - August 11, 2018, 04:05 PM
RE: "Listen, my child," you say to me - by Damien - August 11, 2018, 06:42 PM
RE: "Listen, my child," you say to me - by Nocturnal - August 11, 2018, 06:59 PM
RE: "Listen, my child," you say to me - by Damien - August 11, 2018, 07:38 PM
RE: "Listen, my child," you say to me - by Nocturnal - August 12, 2018, 07:33 AM
RE: "Listen, my child," you say to me - by Damien - August 21, 2018, 05:37 PM
RE: "Listen, my child," you say to me - by Nocturnal - August 22, 2018, 12:12 PM
RE: "Listen, my child," you say to me - by Damien - August 22, 2018, 12:35 PM