Cerulean Cape all the lights went down for miles around
11 Posts
Ooc — Rin
Sybil's confidence was incredibly short-lived, as usual. It had a tendency to do this often—come and go in short spurts, always making her think she was actually starting to like herself when it did come, then thoroughly slamming her in the face with "lol nope, you're on your own" when it left. Before, on approaching this stranger, it'd been easy to strut over and make a teasing comment while their face was buried in a turtle's shell. Now, however, when they looked up and shot her with a scowling glare, intense as a thousand suns, she felt her "confidence" leak down into her paws and leave her with the shaky, overwhelming thought of "oh god why did I think this was a good idea".

"Well, it won't be for long," the girl before her proudly claimed, bearing real confidence that Sybil could only achieve by faking it... which she vainly tried so as not to crumble under the other's stare, effectively hiding her anxiety and fixing the turtle with a disbelieving look.

"Riiiight..."

Can you even pull turtles from their shells...? She'd never heard of or seen one without a shell, now that she thought about it... then again, turtles weren't that common where she came from and she was far from an expert, so who was she to say?

The other then spat in her face—a reaction that broke through her unperturbed facade and made her lean back a bit, ears pinning against her skull. "Can I help you?" She said, with more venom than any snake or spider known to wolf. "Or are you just hear to mock my efforts?"

Taking a moment to breathe and think of a response, Sybil warily went on, already wanting to be free of this conversation that she'd started. The wolf made a great point; why was she even over here?

"Okay, cool your tits, I was just joking! Damn..." She turned to look at the ocean, unable to keep eye contact with this intense female for long. If was like she was... staring into her freaking soul or something...

"Can you even pull a turtle out of its shell? Like, wouldn't it be easier to just... smash it with a rock...? Or something...?"
Messages In This Thread
all the lights went down for miles around - by Maya - August 03, 2018, 12:14 AM
RE: all the lights went down for miles around - by Sybil - August 04, 2018, 12:08 PM
RE: all the lights went down for miles around - by Maya - August 04, 2018, 12:53 PM
RE: all the lights went down for miles around - by Sybil - August 04, 2018, 01:14 PM
RE: all the lights went down for miles around - by Maya - August 04, 2018, 01:47 PM
RE: all the lights went down for miles around - by Sybil - August 05, 2018, 02:40 PM
RE: all the lights went down for miles around - by Maya - August 10, 2018, 02:37 PM