Duskfire Glacier The stars welcome him with open arms
146 Posts
Ooc —
"What's wrong, Uki?"

What could she say? I think your family hates me? I think you used me just so you'd have more members? 

She wanted to go home. She didn't know where home was, but she wished it were nearby. She wished she could flee and leave this glacier and these northerners who seem so self-serving. She wants to leave behind this man who seemed so sweet and now seems nothing but distant. 

Silently, she struggled for words that would fit. How could she answer his question without letting him know the real reason she was upset? 

None of them seemed to offer an explanation he would believe. Finally, Uki turned to him. Suddenly, she didn't care if it was saying too much or if he might guess some meaning under her words. She was tired and she couldn't keep it up anymore; she needed to know. 

"Did you ever like me? The way I liked you?" The words come out blank, hoarse with hidden emotions. She can't muster an ounce of emotion to display on her face and keeps her eyes carefully trained on the ground - she can't watch his face. If she sees the truth there, she might crumble.
"And you're tired of not being strong."
Messages In This Thread
The stars welcome him with open arms - by Uki - August 03, 2018, 12:19 PM
RE: The stars welcome him with open arms - by Siarut - August 12, 2018, 05:56 PM
RE: The stars welcome him with open arms - by Uki - August 13, 2018, 09:26 AM
RE: The stars welcome him with open arms - by Siarut - August 13, 2018, 07:32 PM
RE: The stars welcome him with open arms - by Uki - August 16, 2018, 09:40 AM
RE: The stars welcome him with open arms - by Siarut - August 16, 2018, 11:56 AM
RE: The stars welcome him with open arms - by Uki - August 17, 2018, 10:29 AM
RE: The stars welcome him with open arms - by Siarut - August 24, 2018, 06:52 PM
RE: The stars welcome him with open arms - by Uki - August 27, 2018, 01:23 PM
RE: The stars welcome him with open arms - by Siarut - August 28, 2018, 11:28 AM