Verdant Basin Living your life cutthroat.
420 Posts
Ooc — Jitterwater

Right when he was considering turning tail and finding somewhere else to lurk, the stranger seemed to realize he was there. Her tone wasn't exactly friendly but at least she'd noticed him. Ambrose opened his mouth to reply but as he started, I said— he saw the glinting silver of something moving towards them, and so he shut up. The new arrival was older, and male, and seemed to be on friendly terms with the darkly-coated girl. You rang? he said, and briefly the two wolves glanced at one another. Ambrose felt more out of place now that there was another man present, so he shrank back a step, but otherwise he remained poised with his own unending self-confidence.

After a beat his voice cut in again, this time more insistent but still not too loud, because he was still hungry and did not want to frighten the deer. If you're here to hunt then I'd be willing to help, if you'll have me. Bit of a hunting prodigy if I do say so myself! he grinned as he said this (mostly for the girl's benefit), knowing full well that his larger size and generally good health would strengthen his claim. He wasn't as good as his sister but they didn't need to know that. Ambrose and Niamh had always worked in tandem and it had been an adjustment learning to hunt with other wolves, and then to be stuck hunting small things on his own — ah, but it would be better now. There were wolves here he could (probably) charm in to helping him.
Messages In This Thread
Living your life cutthroat. - by Towhee - August 06, 2018, 12:22 PM
RE: Living your life cutthroat. - by RIP Firefly - August 06, 2018, 02:13 PM
RE: Living your life cutthroat. - by Towhee - August 06, 2018, 07:09 PM
RE: Living your life cutthroat. - by Elwood - August 07, 2018, 11:01 AM
RE: Living your life cutthroat. - by RIP Firefly - August 07, 2018, 02:08 PM
RE: Living your life cutthroat. - by Towhee - August 13, 2018, 09:06 AM
RE: Living your life cutthroat. - by Elwood - August 14, 2018, 07:00 PM
RE: Living your life cutthroat. - by RIP Firefly - August 15, 2018, 10:42 PM
RE: Living your life cutthroat. - by Towhee - August 16, 2018, 09:27 AM
RE: Living your life cutthroat. - by Elwood - August 22, 2018, 12:48 PM