You say you're different I say their all the same
147 Posts
Ooc — Lexi
Kodokuna froze when he began asking about her past, for a short moment her eyes clouded over, the memory of her parents slaughter taking hold. She shook her head and went back to work.

"My father taught me, I was his only pup that survived, it was an art passed from his father and his fathers father before that." she replied quietly. Her work was steady, meticulous. She was taught to take apart the animal carefully, if done right no food would be wasted. She never took her gaze off of the task at hand.
Tempt the devil with an Angel's grace.
1,007 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Jace saw her gaze glaze over and he realized he must have unearthed some pretty terrible memories, to have that reaction. I’m sorry if I over stepped my bounds there Kodo. he tilted his head, feeling pretty terrible that he had upset her. He hadn’t meant to, he was merely making conversation, he should have known better than to ask about someone’s past, not all were as nice as his was.

I’m sorry to hear that, my father had six other children, before my sister and I, we are the only two left. he didn’t however say how their mother had been literally an evil devil woman and that her children were the same way, and that she had practically forced his father into fathering the children, because if he didn’t she was going to kill his sister Trinity. He kept that to himself, it just wasn’t the right time or place to say such things.
I am more easily attainable for threads now. But please do bear in mind that I have three children under the age of five at home. And they do take up a lot of my time.
147 Posts
Ooc — Lexi
"No no it's fine, I'm just being silly." She replied with a smile turning to face him. The animal was separated neatly into piles, her work was beautiful. Kodo grabbed the bone that she had eaten the meat from and brought it over to Jace, dropping it in front of him. "Here, for you" She offered nudging it to sit directly ahead of his nose.

"I should be grateful I was the only pup, I would never have gotten to learn my fathers trade as well as I have otherwise." Her statement was hollow, she would have given anything for her siblings to have lived, five still born pups and a chimera was not what her parents had hoped for, but they loved her all the same.
1,007 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Jace looked at her lifting his head from his paws. There is nothing about grief that is silly. I think that sometimes we do our best to not grieve when we should. We think we are betraying someone, or we are weak if we don’t. That is a lie a big fat lie. he shrugged his large shoulders then, he saw the bone and gave her a smile Thanks I’ll chew on that before I go to bed tonight.

Jace chuckled You keep lying to yourself there darling, but you can’t lie to me. I think we all wish our pasts were different in some way, it’s the way of life. he stood and stepped forward and began tossing a few pieces of meat over his shoulders while carrying some in his mouth. It was time to get the meat in the caches. you did a wonderful job here.
I am more easily attainable for threads now. But please do bear in mind that I have three children under the age of five at home. And they do take up a lot of my time.
147 Posts
Ooc — Lexi
Kodo stood in stunned silence, Jace was very wise. She took time to absorb his words, wondering if he was right about greif. She shook off his words for the moment, knowing she would have time later that night to ponder the questions of life. She wanted to know his past, what had happened to him as a young wolf, where did he come from, who was his family?

"Thank you." She moved to the meat he hadn't grabbed and put it in a neat pile. She picked it up with her jaws. "Where to?" She asked, her words garbled due to her overly full mouth.
1,007 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Jace chuckled at her full mouth and motioned with his paw and shoulders which way to go. Then with one last look to remember where everything was, he trotted off with the catch to put in the cache. He was proud of himself, and he was proud of her too, they had done well today.