Silvertip Mountain lonely mountain
I WILL REMAIN
24 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
Scout: 5/5

He did not like to travel so close on the outskirts of a pack he knew to be, even if the borders of the plateau had seemed weak and established only a short time ago.  He found that more often than not, fledging packs were just as (if not more) fiercely protective of their territory as those with longstanding claim.

He did not have much of a choice.  He was tired.  He did not feel like attempting to ford yet another mountain when there were perfectly good, well-traveled foothills before him.  Overhead, the sun bore down upon him.  He walked until he could take the heat no more.  To his right, the mountain opened up into a cooler cave, and he would stay there until night broke.  Perhaps he would nap.
✶ TSIOKWARIS IS A MASTER SCOUT AND WARRIOR, PLEASE TAKE THIS INTO CONSIDERATION WHEN THREADING WITH ME
I CLOSE THREADS AFTER 30 DAYS WITH NO RESPONSE, OR IF THE THREAD PARTNER FALLS INACTIVE
in our town the hangman came, smelling of gold, blood and flame
390 Posts
Ooc — jal
Away
waves
His encounter with Cassiopeia had been educational at best, for at least now he understood better the depth of the connection they held and how truly backwards it was. But she was one small blip on his radar of future endeavours, one among many bloody ambitions to bide his time while his uncle laid the groundwork for the pending revolution. The details, Vaati had little interest in. What he awaited dearly was the end product, an empire surrendered to knees and given the sweet merciful death it deserved. What arose from its ashes was yet to be known, though if it was due to become anything like what he had left, the scarred male found no point in returning. For now, he searched most ardently for the one called Skullchaser, the blind fool who had believed it wise to cut into his sister's face and do so without consequence. That was what happened when the Wilds went unchecked; the idiots took over. However at that moment, the scent of another lingering in the distance met his senses, and his nostrils flared in trepidation as they often did when encountering those unknown. Vaati moves his titanous frame in the direction of the mouth of the cave, coming to a hesitant stop only a few meters away before issuing a low, neutral warning chuff. Vaati had very little interest in holding hearty conversations, but he would get nowhere in his search if he did not ask around. That could not be accomplished if he tried to maim all those he came across.
for the sins of the unworthy
must be baptized in blood & fear
I WILL REMAIN
24 Posts
Ooc —
Thank you for joining!

Strangers are often not silent when they think they are alone.  The echoes of the other man's heavy footfalls reverberated through the cave in which Tsiokwaris slumbered, and before he had announced his presence with an unwelcoming chuff the behemoth had stretched his toes and risen to emerge from the shadows.  He crowds the front of the cave with his large presence and casts the stranger a tired and unimpressed look, ears pulled towards the stranger.  Yes?
✶ TSIOKWARIS IS A MASTER SCOUT AND WARRIOR, PLEASE TAKE THIS INTO CONSIDERATION WHEN THREADING WITH ME
I CLOSE THREADS AFTER 30 DAYS WITH NO RESPONSE, OR IF THE THREAD PARTNER FALLS INACTIVE
in our town the hangman came, smelling of gold, blood and flame
390 Posts
Ooc — jal
Away
Vaati relaxes his hackles as the other returns an unimpressed look, gathering the notion that the stranger had no intention of starting anything aggressive. In that case, neither would Vaati. It was uncommon, but he did retain the capability of having a conversation would the use of hostility, contrary the beliefs of others. He did not waste time getting to the point, narrowing his eyes a fraction as a he spoke. “Do you know of a man who goes by the name Skullchaser?” His tone did not reveal his intent, lest the man before him, in fact, be the one he searched for. Vaati had not asked Maegi to describe the cretin who had attacked her though he should have, for in doing so would have made his task a hell of a lot easier. But he would not dwell on it -- it was not as if he could roam back to the shoreline and ask her. Their parting had been difficult, and he knew he could not return unless he had done what she asked for, one last time.
for the sins of the unworthy
must be baptized in blood & fear
I WILL REMAIN
24 Posts
Ooc —
His expression is still inscrutable, but it shifts into something less hospitable.  Do you often introduce yourself like this?  He does not like the way he has been addressed, with a demand framed as a question and raised hackles.  Here in no-man's-land, both titans were creatures that demanded respect.  I am not from these lands, he offers tonelessly by way of an answer, Tsiokwaris.

Now that the stranger knew that he was not this Skullchaser, perhaps he may be less demanding.