Heron Lake Plateau take me above your light.
1,002 Posts
Ooc — Houkie
Midwife
Master Medic
Hope you don't mind Ray stopping by!

Her heart had been heavy since Fiadh's departure. All of her life, Raven had never been able to understand what could make a wolf want to leave its home. She'd never (intentionally) left home herself, having never felt the desire to get elsewhere what she could get here. She tried not to be harshly judgemental of those who chose to leave the pack, but sometimes she found herself feeling anger and resentment. She couldn't bring herself to feel those things for Fiadh, though, so the sadness and sense of loss sat on her heart like a weight.

It had been a few days, and Raven felt she should check on Aunt Flea to see how she was holding up. As hard as it was for her as a pack wolf and alpha to accept the departure of one of their own, it had to be a thousand times worse for the mother of the departed. Raven couldn't imagine saying goodbye to one of her children. Motherhood had changed her in so many ways, and this was one of them: a profoundly higher capacity for compassion and empathy where kids were concerned.

Finley was understandably forlorn as she approached, and Raven waved her tail a little behind her as she drew near. She licked the underside of Finley's chin in greeting -- a sign of love, respect, and deference that the Blackthorn matron would always get from her, regardless of rank -- and then sat down a few paces away. She saw the look in her aunt's eyes and understood. "I miss her too."
Messages In This Thread
take me above your light. - by Finley - August 29, 2018, 02:07 PM
RE: take me above your light. - by Raven - August 30, 2018, 02:00 PM
RE: take me above your light. - by Finley - August 30, 2018, 06:00 PM
RE: take me above your light. - by Raven - September 03, 2018, 08:36 PM
RE: take me above your light. - by Elwood - September 03, 2018, 09:19 PM
RE: take me above your light. - by Finley - September 13, 2018, 06:05 PM
RE: take me above your light. - by Raven - September 20, 2018, 12:42 AM
RE: take me above your light. - by Elwood - September 24, 2018, 03:37 PM
RE: take me above your light. - by Finley - September 25, 2018, 05:53 PM
RE: take me above your light. - by Raven - October 20, 2018, 01:11 AM
RE: take me above your light. - by Elwood - October 25, 2018, 12:00 PM