Serpent Lake and the sea was a reminder
dayvan cowboy
99 Posts
Ooc — Laur
Having grown up in a familial pack who were almost all native born in one way or another, it had never really occurred to Lucca that others may have no idea what he was talking about when he mentioned places by name. That was simply how he had learnt the lay of the land (as terrible a scout as he was), and he knew each landmark by name as it had been taught to him. It had been a mystery if it even registered to the boy that there was actually places outside of the pack's immediate vicinity. This much he knew now, at least, thanks to this little misadventure.

Oh well, at least he got to meet a girl!

He noted her timid glance up at him, and offered a few friendly beats of his tail. I am friend! He wasn't sure why she was so shy around him, try as he might to come off as amicable. Maybe that was just the way she was — kinda like Eljay!

"Thanks!" he replied to her well wishes, before an ear fell awkwardly to one side at the question after. "Uh, and no, I...I'm not a very good scout, that's more my brother's thing." Damn Tegan; he boasted so much about being the world's best scout and yet Lucca hadn't caught a whiff of his scent anywhere. He knew he had lied to his brother and told him he knew his way back home — and to not tell their parents lest they worry — but, inwardly, the boy was a little hurt. Was anyone back home wondering where he was? No search party? Not even just his shit head of a brother?

Suddenly, he pulled himself out of his uncharacteristically gloomy ruminating, focusing back on Shisu with a brightened smile. "Thanks!" I hope so, too. At her question, he awkwardly shifted his weight. "Uh...no," he admitted guiltily. "But they — we — live on like, a kind of mountain with a giant lake and a heap of birds!" He stopped, gazing at her sodden coat once more before letting a soft laugh slip out. "You'd probably like it there!"
Messages In This Thread
and the sea was a reminder - by Shisu - October 09, 2018, 09:33 PM
RE: and the sea was a reminder - by Lucca - October 11, 2018, 06:12 AM
RE: and the sea was a reminder - by Shisu - October 11, 2018, 06:29 AM
RE: and the sea was a reminder - by Lucca - October 11, 2018, 06:43 AM
RE: and the sea was a reminder - by Shisu - October 11, 2018, 07:01 AM
RE: and the sea was a reminder - by Lucca - October 11, 2018, 07:35 AM
RE: and the sea was a reminder - by Shisu - October 12, 2018, 12:41 AM
RE: and the sea was a reminder - by Lucca - October 13, 2018, 09:53 PM
RE: and the sea was a reminder - by Shisu - October 14, 2018, 08:24 PM
RE: and the sea was a reminder - by Lucca - November 02, 2018, 11:29 PM
RE: and the sea was a reminder - by Shisu - November 09, 2018, 10:47 PM