Hushed Willows someone's been told too many times they're beyond their years
719 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
Private 
@Seabreeze, forward dated like a day or two

Things were almost perfect. The new territory was great--and, most importantly, cat-free--and everyone was settling in nicely. Almost everyone. Korei and Alarian still hadn't returned, and while she had no great worry for the latter (who did this kind of thing a lot), Lily fretted over Korei. This was not in her character, and as time went on, she began to assume more and more that her friend had found trouble along the way.

The blackbird paced the northern border, marking sporadically, her tail lashing. It felt quite different from Broken Boulder. There, things had been out in the open; they had been in the shadow of the forest, but not within. Now, they were surrounded by all things green--it was beautiful, but the light was a little dimmer; there were more places to hide. It would take some time to get used to it.

There were a lot of things to get used to, she supposed. All her life had been these past moons was getting used to anything that came her way. Survival, innit? It was a wisdom she had only just recently discovered, and she wasn't sure if she liked it all that much.
558 Posts
Ooc —
Master Therapist

Seabreeze, on the other hand, found Hushed Willows to be their own little slice of heaven.  The sunlight here was brighter than it'd been for ages despite the shield of the canopies, for it filtered in through the trees!  Oh, the trees!  But this place wouldn't just be heaven for herself, it would be heaven for her lover, for there were mountains on either side of them.  Yes, Seabreeze was over the moon.  Despite the disappearance of nearly half of their packmates — somewhere during all of this, @Xahi had been lost as well — she was faring well.

But there was something in the back of her head that worried that she wasn't good enough.  She didn't know these wolves from Adam, how were they supposed to follow her?  She needed to know if Alarian and Delight would ever return, and she needed help until they did.

She made it a point to seek out Lily, falling behind her in tandem before moving to her side with an affectionate nudge to the shoulder.  Would you mind taking a minute out of your patrol to speak with me? she says, wrapping herself around one of the trees along their border and casting a cheerful glance at her friend. 

[Image: 70c0c50922211f79c19a9fbb2dbe797a.png]

719 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
Ever-so lost in her own little world, Lily jumped slightly when she felt a touch to her shoulder, turning to find Seabreeze there. It took a second or two for her words to register, and then Lily nodded, laughing in a bemused, slightly embarrassed fashion. "Yeah, sure, of course," she responded, drawing to a halt.

She sat down on her haunches and wrapped her sleek tail around her paws, catlike, staring at their new leader. Right? Seabreeze must be that, for Delight was out looking for his children and Alarian was gone. It was yet another thing to get used to, funny that--

"What's on your mind?" Lily asked, tilting her head slightly.
558 Posts
Ooc —
Master Therapist

Yes, funny that, because — I wanted to recognize everything you have done for us over these past few months.  You went on a scouting trip to find us this.. this paradise, and then you did not falter when I asked you to leave the very same night you came home.  She dipped her head at the girl and smiled.  I am worried about Alarian, Korei Julia, and Delight.  The former seems to have left the night we arrived alongside his friend, and the latter has been missing since just before our departure.

She reclines onto her haunches now, matching Lily's posture.  I would like to ask something of you, but I understand if you do not wish for this.  You can tell me no, and I will not hold it against you.  But I do not feel comfortable leading this pack alone.  I will speak with @Olive about stepping up alongside me, but you have been here longer than both of us.  You know everyone.  I do not.  I was wondering if you would like to join me in leadership.  You would take Alarian's position — Satori — at least temporarily, until we find something out and can go from there.

Her face grows apologetic, and her ears flatten.  But I am not finished asking favors from you.  I would also like you to look for Delight and Alarian, if you can.  You may take someone with you.  She pauses and leans forward conspirationally, a gleam in her seafoam eyes.  @Khali, perhaps?

719 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
She blushed with pride, eyes cast downward, not at all suspecting what was coming next. When it did, Lily glanced up quickly, her jaw half-open. Realizing how daft she looked, she shut it, but her gaze still remained wide. Pleased, no doubt. But surprised.

"I--I mean, yes, of course, I'll help you," Lily stammered, her smile shaky but beaming. Leadership. How hard could it be, right? She would get used to it, right? "If you think it's best. . .yes, I'll do it. Of course. I might have, like, a million questions for you--" She laughed, then trailed off as Seabreeze went on with yet another favor, with its pros and cons.

Her eyes creased as she looked away, slightly abashed. Was it really that obvious? "I'll ask him, but that should be fine," Lily responded, dimpling. Her brow furrowed, then, as she turned back to the leader (her co-leader!). "Seabreeze, if I don't find him. . ." Stop, you fool. No use thinking of that now.
558 Posts
Ooc —
Master Therapist

I'm glad to have you, Lily.  You've been so valuable to us.  And even more valuable now.  She was glad to have support in a time like this.  It will do us no good to worry over it for now.  We will cross that bridge if it comes to it.

719 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
"The Sanctuary has been my family for moons," Lily responded, her voice dripping gratitude. "I'd be lost if I hadn't found them. Of course--I'll do anything to help out." But speaking of that. . . "Say, we're not in the bracken wood anymore, so I suppose we're not the Bracken Sanctuary--"

She looked around, ears swiveling as she took in the unfamiliar sounds of the new forest. "What should we call this place? Erm, Willow Sanctuary?" It would take a while to get used to, but all that really mattered was that they remained a sanctuary--a home for those in need.

Lily nodded at Seabreeze's conclusion on Alarian, knowing it was best. There was more than a small chance that she wouldn't find him; in that case, they would have to step up to fill the void left in his absence.
558 Posts
Ooc —
Master Therapist

Willow Sanctuary was not a name that she was fond of; to be truthful, she hadn't been a fan of Bracken Sanctuary either.  She didn't understand why they'd even been called that since they weren't in the Bracken Woods, but it'd never been her place to judge.

I don't know, she admits.  Her gaze casts up at the trees, then back down at the grasses.  This place feels like paradise.  Heaven.  How do you feel about Elysium?

719 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
Her eyes widen slightly in childlike wonder, staring up at the trees. "Ooh, I like that," Lily responded. "Elysium." She tested the name slowly on her tongue, savoring each syllable. "What is it? I've, erm, never heard the word before." Perhaps Seabreeze spoke a different language, and it was something beautiful. She had mentioned 'heaven'--was that it?

If so, it fit. The willows, though still unfamiliar, were quite heavenly. Even it didn't mean that, the sound of it still rang true. One of those deep truths, down through flesh and blood to bone. It vibrated through her, and she shivered slightly, smiling despite herself.
558 Posts
Ooc —
Master Therapist

Paradise.  Heaven.  Perfection.  She laughs, so happy she feels like she could spin and dance.  It's been so long since she's felt this good... Here.  This is Elysium, now.

And so it would be.  I was thinking, since we are small, of changing a few things about how we are set up — like our ranks, and needing to prove yourself as worthwhile before you move up I feel should go — but I think I would like to remain a sanctuary.  I'm not sure.  I'll have to talk with Delight, and Olive.  Don't be afraid to disagree with me, but I'd like this to feel more like a family than an obligation.

719 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
She took into brief consideration Seabreeze's suggestions and found no fault in them, giving the new leader a smile. I can go along with that, Lily said amiably, swishing her tail. I'm glad to stay a sanctuary. I wouldn't want it any other way. Her own family's pack hadn't been one. She liked this much better.

As for the ranks, she had never paid much attention to them. Even the newfound responsibility of leadership, that glowing warmth, was fading into something more sustainable and real. She wasn't going to be one of those leaders that lorded it over everyone else. God help her if she turned out that way.

We're a family, Lily murmured. I'll ask Khali about finding Alarian. Anything I can do for you in the meantime?
558 Posts
Ooc —
Master Therapist

I think that's it, she says.  At least for now all they need to be worrying about is setting up shop; the borders, the cache, and recruiting members until the pair are ready for their scouting trip.  I can finish out your patrol with you, if you'd like?

719 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
She nodded quickly, pleased. Of course, Lily chirped, wagging her tail. Lots still to see. She began to move, lingering to let Seabreeze take her place beside her (or even slightly ahead, if that was the cream woman's thing. She didn't think it was, but you never did know). Once the pair was settled, they padded off down the border, marking here and there, claiming this land as their own.