Porcupine Ridge Go ask the dust for any answers
963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
Private 

He had been venturing a little farther from the plateau lately, seeking distractions from the mess he made at home. It was his fault, of course, but sometimes he needed a break from the crushing guilt, and he found the best way to do that was exploring. He never wandered too far; he still had responsibilities and a pack to protect, but he still found time occasionally to get away from everything. 

Tonight, he had left the plateau through the mountain side entrance and had followed the passageway that lead him to an area of steep cliffs. He remembered passing through the area on their way to the plateau months ago before they had officially made it their home, and he had been wanting to come back and explore the area a little more. The alpha jumped from cliff to cliff, his size making it somewhat easy to clear larger distances. He enjoyed the exercise and the challenge, and after clearing a few more dips between peaks, he found himself looking at a small, hidden glen. The alpha padded in a little farther and his attention was pulled by the glinting of moonlight off the water of a small lake in the middle of the clearing. It was just then that he realized he was thirsty, so he moved towards the water until his inky paws were flush with the icy liquid. Lowering his head, he drank for a few long seconds before lifting his muzzle and using his tongue to collect any drops that had been caught around his mouth. Kavik looked around the glen, his emerald gaze searching for any indication that he wasn't alone and when he found none, he lowered his head and began drinking once more.
I'm no good without you
558 Posts
Ooc —
Master Therapist

She hated mountains.  She had not missed Sunspire if for one reason and one reason only: getting across a bunch of rocks wasn't exactly what she would call her forte.  Her eyes were narrowed, head held down as she stuck her paws out tentatively searching for footholds.

After a few hours of that, she saw a glen tucked in the ridge.  Good.  Good, she deserved to be able to rest.  She traversed down the side of the mountain and sought after the water only to find a beast of a man there instead.  She kept her distance and chuffed, scenting the air.  He smelled like a pack, but as far as she knew there hadn't been any close by; her head tilted in confusion but she'd wait to speak.

[Image: 70c0c50922211f79c19a9fbb2dbe797a.png]

963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
The chuff pulled his head from the water, droplets falling from his muzzle as he turned to look at the small female. Hello, he said as he turned the rest of his body towards the stranger and took a few steps in her direction. He lifted his nose in the air to draw in her scent. She smelled of others like a pack wolf, but he didn't recognize whatever pack she smelled of. He knew he hadn't wandered into a pack's territory unless they hadn't sufficiently marked their borders. I'm Kavik, one of the alpha's of Blacktail Deer Plateau, he offered. We live on the plateau just west of here, Kavik finished. I was just out exploring the mountain when I found this place. He dipped his head towards the stranger but didn't take anymore steps towards her, not wanting to make her uncomfortable.
I'm no good without you
558 Posts
Ooc —
Master Therapist

Hello, she echoes, assuaged by the man's kind countenance.  The swarthy male respected the distance between them (which she very much appreciated) and explained that he was part of the Blacktail Deer Plateau; a pack she had not heard of.  I'm Seabreeze.  I lead a pack alongside my colleagues called Bracken Sanctuary; we just moved to the Willows, and have changed our name to Elysium.  It felt weird to address herself as leader but it was what she was, now, with Alarian gone.

It is nice to meet you, Kavik.  She dips her head in return, taking a slim wrist and crossing it over her head as she reclines into a bow.

963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
It's nice to meet you as well, he offered, watching her bow and thinking it not necessary to regard him in such a way but keeping respectfully silent. The mention of Bracken Sanctuary had grabbed his attention, and after her introduction, he said, My mate and I once belonged to Bracken Sanctuary, although I don't remember seeing you there. He took a seat, hoping to further prove that he meant her no harm. It was lead by Alarian and Delight while we were there, the alpha added a second later. Are they no longer a part of your pack, he asked curiously. He hoped nothing bad had happened to the pair; they seemed kind enough, although a little troubled. But, honestly, who wasn't?
I'm no good without you
558 Posts
Ooc —
Master Therapist

Oh?  That was something new!  She had never heard of Liri and Kavik, and wondered if they were before her time.  Delight is still with us, he is my best friend.  But Alarian left us of his own will and without warning.  I took the mantle of leadership in his absence.  She figured it was best to be honest.  I hadn't heard that you had been part of our pack, but we have been dealing with somewhat of an epidemic.  Things have settled down now.  How are things at the Plateau?

963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
He was surprised to hear of Alarian's departure, but glad to hear that the other leader still remained. Seabreeze went on to explain that they had been dealing with an epidemic, and his brow creased in concern. I'm sorry to hear that but am glad things seem to be getting better, he stated. We haven't had much trouble at the plateau, the alpha answered at first but then added, We did have a bear attack not too long ago that injured some of the pack. Nothing too serious. He had been among the injured as the bear had thrown him like he was nothing. Kavik had slammed his head on a rock when he landed and still had some side effects from the head wound. His mate's herbs had helped a lot, and they were becoming less frequent, so he hoped that meant he was on the mend. I'm not sure where the bear went, so please be careful, Kavik warned. He would hate for another pack to be terrorized by the monster.
I'm no good without you
558 Posts
Ooc —
Master Therapist

A bear.  She wonders if Sunspire is still on the mountain, if they've settled elsewhere by now.  Her first thoughts go to @Terance... but it is no longer her place to worry about them; it's Rannoch's duty to protect the Sunspire.  Not hers.

I'm sorry to hear that as well.  I'm glad it's nothing too serious.  Bears are nothing to mess around with.  She casts her gaze around anxiously, imagining that she might see the nebulous silhouette of some angry bear.  She doesn't.  Do you know about the Sanctuary, then?  That we accept anyone who needs help?  If you don't have the resources, you can send them to us.

963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
No they're not, he agreed sternly. The memories of the attack still haunted him, interrupting his sleep most nights. It was nothing he wasn't used to, though.

Yes, I remember that about the sanctuary. We're in no position to turn wolves away currently, but I will keep you guys in mind in the future, he answered. He hoped for the day that they were so flush with members that they had turn recruits away. Not that he enjoyed the thought of turning away those in need, just that he liked the idea of his pack being so prosperous. Perhaps we can work on some kind of alliance? he offered next. They were already somewhat familiar with the pack even if he didn't know the current leader very well; he saw no reason that they couldn't have a good relationship with their new neighbors.
I'm no good without you
558 Posts
Ooc —
Master Therapist

Oh god, had she been implying that they were in a position to turn wolves away?  Did she come off like she thought they were holier-than-thou?  She had a minor panic on the inside, but she was sure to smooth her features over as soon as she could manage.  The panic still found a way to show up in her eyes.

But an alliance!  There we go!  That sounded much better than whatever she'd messed up before!  That sounds delightful, she says with a grin.  Do you have any terms in mind?

963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
He noticed the brief flicker of panic in the female's eyes but was unsure what had provoked that emotion from her. The look was gone almost as quickly as it had appeared, and then she was inquiring about any terms he had, clearly interested in his offer. I think as long as we agree to offer aid to each other, that works fine for me, unless you had anything specific you want from an alliance between our packs, the alpha answered. He figured most alliances just implied good terms between packs and a willingness to help out when an ally was in need, but he had no problem hearing out anything else she might wish to gain from being allied to their pack.
I'm no good without you
558 Posts
Ooc —
Master Therapist
Well, that all sounded good and fine to her.  That sounds perfect, Kavik, she says, an easy smile appearing onto her features, There's nothing more I would like to add.  I will let my pack know where you live and of our alliance so nobody accidentally gives you any trouble.  With a look cast over her shoulder, she hums.  I should be getting back soon.

963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
The alpha nodded. I will do the same. It would be nice to have an allied pack so close in case they ever needed help. The Elysium leader soon stated that she needed to return to her home, and Kavik nodded once more. It was good to meet you, Seabreeze. Please don't hesitate to seek us out if you ever need any assistance. With that, he turned to take his leave as well unless she stopped him. He, too, should probably get back home; he had been gone from the plateau long enough.
I'm no good without you