Hushed Willows higher and higher
558 Posts
Ooc —
Master Therapist
for @Lily, to discuss alarian's departure and additional scouting trip...
backdated a day or two?

So Lily hadn't gone on that scouting trip with Khali after all.  Delight had shown up — thank the heavens! — and brought with him news of his lover's departure.  

But there was still business that needed done, and Seabreeze would like it to be done as soon as it could be.  She sought Lily out as the sun broke, hoping she was awake.

[Image: 70c0c50922211f79c19a9fbb2dbe797a.png]

719 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
Lily was not awake, and never would be, this early. The blackbird snoozed out in the open, a refreshing--if a little unnerving, at first--change from Broken Boulder, between the gnarled branches of a very old willow. The night had been cool and cloudy, the wind lulling her into a blissful sleep. Even the sound of nearby footsteps was not enough to rouse her.

Sorry, Seabreeze. You would have to be an alarm clock, this time.
558 Posts
Ooc —
Master Therapist

When she saw Lily sleeping out in the open, fear gripped her heart.  In the corner of the territory were the communal dens, and it was cold out here — god, was she dead?  She quickened her pace as she came closer, and when she saw the rise and fall of Lily's ribcage she exhaled. 

She didn't sign up to be scared like that.

She also didn't want to have to be rude.  She curled up next to Lily like she would have Ibis, and she crooned softly, Good morning, starshine, the sun says hello.

719 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
Luckily--or unluckily?--for Seabreeze, Lily's mother had woken her up like this many a time, so there was no alarm when she roused to singing. Shhhh Mum, I'm tired, she muttered, trying to tuck further into herself. Then her ears registered the sounds of a forest, rather than open plains, and her eyes shot open, staring at Seabreeze with embarrassed alarm.

Erm. . . she muttered, clambering clumsily to her paws. Sorry about that. Heh. She giggled in thoroughly awkward fashion, shaking the dust from her pelt. My, erm, Mum used to do that for me, she explained, though it didn't really help matters. Oh well. Seabreeze would recover from this more gracefully than she had; the woman had a knack for that.

What, erm--what can I help you with? Lily asked, grasping for the last remaining shreds of self-composure.
558 Posts
Ooc —
Master Therapist

That was perhaps the cutest thing Seabreeze's player has ever read, and it comes very close to being the cutest thing Seabreeze has ever seen.  She shakes her head gently.  There is no need to apologize.

She lets out a small laugh.  You can rest up for a while if you'd like.  Business can wait.  Good morning.

719 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
She stifled a yawn, shaking her head as her eyes watered. It's okay, really, Lily insisted. I'm notorious for over-sleeping; it's good that you woke me up. I can sleep entire mornings away, no problem. The fog of slumber was lifting slowly, replaced with a dreary clarity (have I mentioned she hated mornings? if she were human, Lily would be addicted to coffee).

Is this about the scouting trip? the blackbird asked, tilting her head. We can leave soon--but Delight did tell me that Alarian left of his own choice, so. . . What a surprise, really. But that alleviated the need for them to look for him. What other things needed to be done?
558 Posts
Ooc —
Master Therapist
She dips her head.  I heard, she said, eyes lowering, I don't understand why they would do that. Seabreeze wasn't made for leadership, and now she had to shoulder all of Alarian's responsibilities.  She wasn't angry, she was scared.  What if she failed?  What if she led them all into ruin?  But, I was thinking instead of that, you could let Sunspire know where we went.  Wraen told me they moved somewhere on this side of the mountain, down south.

719 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
I don't understand why Korei did it, Lily said, unable to keep the bitterness from her voice. Korei, who she had considered a friend. Why hadn't she sent any word at all? Alarian's a different story. A long story; much too early in the morning for me to tell it. With a sigh, she dropped the subject altogether.

Her ears perked at Seabreeze's adjusted assignment, and Lily nodded. Of course we can. Do you know what the new territory is called? she asked, cocking her head slightly. I've not explored much of this part of the land. Woefully unfamiliar. Hopefully that'll change when I get my paws wet on this trip, she added, chuckling. Trial by fire, or so they say.