Whitefish River Oh, I'm a Maid, and I'm Pure and Fair--I'll Never Dance with a Hairy Bear!
I AM WEASEL, HEAR ME ROAR
61 Posts
Ooc — Bryndel
All Welcome 
Wasn't sure how well Quartz Cavern here in Whitefish territory would work for @Nunataq, but if a different setup in a different spot would be preferable or if you really want to start, let me know!  ;)  Otherwise, AW as labeled. Booga booga boooo.
Lyrics are from this nonsense.

The wind whistled eerily through the trees high, high above, and far down below their naked branches the moon peered down at a small brown and white form whose patchy fur gleamed at strange, intermittent intervals in the moon’s hazy light. Nynka paid the celestial body no mind as it drew a gauzy cloak of cloudcover across its face once more in modest withdrawal; she paused with a bright grimaced flash of teeth and gave her fur a quick shake as the wind dipped its fingers down to her level, however. She wasn’t a big fan of this weather, but had hoped to at least track herself down a rodent or three before the rain the damp air was promising came to pass. She wasn’t having much luck though as she raised her pointy little nose and sniffed the air again with her whiskers impatiently atwitch. Might be time to go find herself some cover before the storm broke.

Fortunately she was familiar with this area, and knew pretty exactly how long it would take to get out of the open and into some shelter, well before the waters came misting down more heavily from the sky. But she stopped dead in her tracks and stuck her nose inquiringly into the air once more as a sudden much stronger flash of scent came to her—but it was just another of those stupid wolves, nothing terribly interesting. Not the one that had confronted her hereabouts before, either, she didn’t think, but then again she couldn’t be bothered to keep all that close of track of the hairy drooling beasts’ scents. It wasn’t like she had a file catalog at home with cards neatly scented and labeled—and if she had, she’d’ve pitched the damn thing out into the cold, frankly, because who would want to waste the mental or physical space on a bunch of wolves. Nynka shrugged dismissively and turned for the ridge of rock that ran parallel to her path home once more, but then paused and turned back with a mischievous smile curling her whiskers high and bowed. Actually… actually, this might hold some promising entertainment. This canine’s scent put her more in mind of another foolish youngster all of a sudden, which meant that maybe it too might prove to be a worthy source of entertainment if Nynka played her cards right, here.

Swiftly the little weasel zipped her way up over a hump of rock and into the nearby caverns with their gleaming patches of strange shining white rock. Nynka hardly gave the glittering walls a second glance, however, opting instead to make a beeline for an object with a grin even wider and brighter than her own. Nynka leapt swiftly and agilely straight inside it, giving the giant cave bear’s skull a quick thump to check that it was indeed just as solid and immovable as it had been earlier in the year. Then she held herself still, even catching her breath for a moment. Her ears and nose twitched alertly in time with one another as she stayed tuned to the air inside for the first venturesome footsteps nearby, as best she could tell above the distant shrieking of the wind. As she heard a suspicious crunching of gravel she let her voice boom forth with the empty skull’s acoustics enhancing and reverberating its tones far beyond what she could normally manage:
Whoooo’s this here invading my sacred cavern home, ey? Awoooo-oooh-ooooh! Beware! Bewaaaare, little wolf! ...Oh yes. That worked pretty excellently. Nynka definitely liked this skull. It was such a pity she couldn't take it home with her.