Whitefish River Oh, I'm a Maid, and I'm Pure and Fair--I'll Never Dance with a Hairy Bear!
I AM WEASEL, HEAR ME ROAR
61 Posts
Ooc — Bryndel
homg, LOL. ...I may yet have to draw a little comic of Nynka inside some poor wolf's belly cussing them out, now.  XD  That image is just too great!
Also might help in taking the little twerp down a peg or two, ppfffft.    Not that she is demonstrating the need for that here. Not at all.

Pfhah! said Nynka proudly, as she puffed out her chest and fur in an arrogant, self-preening increase of her size. Now she was a fluffy noodle twice her tiny size next to all these big galumphing wolves: impressive, yes, wasn't it. Didn't they all just wish they could be just like her, or at least half as awesome. Keep those weaselly compliments comin', wolf-girl!

Nynka gave a disdainful, dismissive little twitch of her whiskers at Wraen's inquiry about her fellow wolf, however. Oh, no, nothing nearly so useful, she said flippantly, but also quite honestly. For once the little beast didn't have to invent her stories entirely out of whole cloth. That moron thought she could come charging right at me, and ended up braining herself on this skull full-on... the idiot! It didn't even have to move to get her, at all: she came directly into it, full-speed. Skulls colliding at speed: it sounded like thick-boned thunder. ...Sorry Wraen, but your species is just not that bright. Breezing right past the likely implied insult to the wolf called Wraen as well as the rest of them—although as a matter of fact Nynka did genuinely consider Wraen to be the brightest and most useful of her kind thus far, by far (with the two measures of caninekind being much one and the same, in her weaselly little brain)—why, she'd hardly had to invent a thing. At this rate she had better be careful or she would dull or lose entirely her carefully-cultivated liar's touch, ey?

In the meantime even one so sharp as Nynka herself was finding that actually, she wasn't even entirely sure what this whole "ghost-craft" thing might actually consist of. ...Which only made it all the more amazingly brilliant that she was such a surpassing expert at it now, though, didn't it. Still, this idea and craftsmanship would bear a more close examination later, to which effect she made a mental note to herself; the possibilities and pitfalls definitely seemed something worth exploring. Especially if, just as Nynka had hoped once she realized Wraen's clever paws and strength were capable of budging the thing, at least when she crooked it all up at just the right angle, the little weasel just might now be able to acquire her most favorite of props to help assist her in future poltergeist-filled endeavors.

You're certainly much better at sweet-talking that skull into budging that that other wolf ever was though, noted Nynka somewhat over-sweetly herself. Probably even good enough to carry it out of here for me, don't you think? Goodness knows it wasn't like Wraen could possibly have anything better to do with her time and energy. No, in fact, she'd probably been sitting around bewailing the lack of a smart little Nynka beast to order her around and tell her what to do since their last meeting, hadn't she. The poor wolf! This weasel had better make sure she didn't suffer like that again. In, you know, the self-effacing spirit of goodwill and all purely out of the kindness of her heart. Wraen should feel so lucky to have such a thoughtful and giving little friend, shouldn't she.