Blacktail Deer Plateau My lungs will fill and then deflate
963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
Private 
@Siege back-dated to 11/6

While on his patrol, the alpha noticed a not-so-pleasant smell coming from one of the caches near the river. He turned from the border and headed in that direction. The smell grew stronger as he neared the food store, and when he cleared away some of the rocks, he could definitely tell that the source of the smell was somewhere in there. Immediately he began digging through the carcasses, all of them seemingly fresh enough until he got to the bottom where he found an old rabbit. It was rare anything was left too long in the caches, but this one must have just been hidden and left long enough that it had started to rot. He pulled the repulsive thing out of the pile of food and set aside. He wanted to inspect the rest of the cache to make sure nothing else had been ruined or seemed old before removing the rancid hare from the territory.
I'm no good without you
INVINCIBLE · EARTHQUAKE · POWERFUL
49 Posts
Ooc —

He'd offered himself enough liberty to sleep in, and it turned out to be a mistake.  Somewhere along his patrol he noticed a rancid smell and headed towards the source.  When he found it, he was both bewildered and frustrated.  He'd cleared out the cache just days before, but it looked like his efforts were for naught.  The male alpha (who he hadn't had the pleasure of meeting yet) had gotten there before him.  

He had wanted to make the impression that he was worth keeping around, but if he was dumb enough to miss something like that he didn't have high hopes.  With a chuff he loped over and wordlessly began to help the dark-furred brute.
963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
His digging through the cache was momentarily halted as a chuff reached the alpha's ears. Freezing, he lifted his head to see the new member he had yet to meet headed towards him. The pale wolf began digging through the carcasses as well, and Kavik went back to work beside him, checking each dead animal to make sure it was still fresh enough to remain in the cache. After a few seconds, he slowed his pace and glanced at the other male. I'm Kavik, the other alpha here. I don't believe we've met yet. His gaze moved back to his work as he waited for his new packmate to speak. He was glad to have picked up another member; they would need all the help they could get preparing for winter. Plus, he was always glad to see new faces in the ranks. Kavik's main goal was to grow their family.
I'm no good without you