Blackbeak Bluff and when you wanted love, i bled myself again
he's raised on the edge of the devil's backbone
630 Posts
Ooc — Phi
Master Guardian
despite his intention arturo heads south along the coast from ankyra sound. he'd wanted to go inland, hearing the scolding and croaking voice as a distant echo of what the medicine woman would snap at him if she knew he was defying what she'd taught him. each step brought him closer to ravensblood, to the sentinels. to memories of what once was.

if you don't stop you'll be sucked into an endless vacuum of your past. you've grieved. you've mourned. now let it go.

the gangster tells himself he'll go no further south than blackbeak buff on the coast. this is where he'll draw the line. he's been playing russian roulette with his past for too long and the stakes of losing what peace he'd made keep rising the closer he gets. he was running out of empty chambers. even a gambling man such as himself had to know when to take what he's earned and walk away.

the cliff makes the soothingly sinister coywolf nervous. he shies away from it's edge. though he walks a path closer than he'd like. the drop, he knows without seeing it, is steep and rocky. the ocean waters that crash against the rock wall are cruel and merciless. they'd offer no respite in the case of a fall. if the fall into the rough waters didn't break bones or kill upon impact ...slamming against the cliff wall would.

a shiver runs down his spine but he ignores it as he realizes that he's crossed scents and for a moment ponders whether he's wandered into pack territory. no, he thinks. he'd have scented borders much further back than this. there is a shadowed form in the distance and always a gentleman ( even if his words hide knives ) the gangster lets out a chuff to announce his presence, just in case his footfalls hadn't alerted them to begin with.

316 words
wreathed in iron and in fire
i bare my bloody teeth
and only pity makes my strike so clean
Messages In This Thread
and when you wanted love, i bled myself again - by Caiaphas - November 18, 2018, 03:23 PM
RE: and when you wanted love, i bled myself again - by Arturo - November 19, 2018, 05:13 AM